#Quinzaine: Soulmates #atozchallenge

There’s no such thing as soulmates.
Are you someone’s mate?
Why share souls?

(c) Sanch Vee @ Sanch Writes (20 April 2017)

***

The English word quinzaine come from the French word qunize, meaning fifteen. A quinzaine is an unrhymed verse of fifteen syllables. These syllables are distributed among three lines so that there are seven syllables in the first line, five in the second line and three in the third line (7/5/3). The first line makes a statement. The next two lines ask a question relating to that statement.

This has been written for the 2017 A to Z Challenge

1. Shalini

April 20, 2017 at 11:59 am

Interesting format- wonder if any famous poets wrote in this? Sanch- how about including a famous poets who patronises the particular firm of poetry, everyday?

Qissa cafe in Fort Kochi
    Shalini recently posted…[Q] Quirky cafe in Fort Kochi |#atozchallenge 2017|My Profile

2. Shailaja V

April 20, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Why share souls indeed 🙂 Tying yourself up in another person’s existence can never be good for you in the long run. Finding yourself is the most important thing in the world.

3. Rajlakshmi

April 20, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Hah now that’s something to ponder upon. The concept of soul mate is kinda fairytale-ish, that’s why everyone likes to call it so I guess. Nice one.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Travel Tales: Quota Park #atozchallengeMy Profile

4. Nick Wilford

April 20, 2017 at 2:31 pm

I’m not sure – the romantic in me kind of likes to hope they do exist but I also think everyone is truly unique and that’s the way it should be. Interesting!

5. Sreesha

April 20, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Aww, Sanch, you don’t believe in soulmates? (Oh well, I’m no one to talk, I change my opinion on the subject every other week 😀 )

6. LadyInRead

April 20, 2017 at 5:09 pm

this one made me smile:)
    my daughter is my solemate (she sometimes wears my shoes – slightly large on her feet but ok for a short trip;;but i can’t wear hers so me not her solemate :))
    but i would like to believe we will be the best of friends too always

7. Ramya Abhinand

April 20, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Hmmm profound indeed!!!! Am I someones mate or soul???? need to ask myself this.

8. Mrs.Dash

April 20, 2017 at 6:17 pm

That is very informative. Thanks for sharing

9. Mrs.Dash

April 20, 2017 at 6:18 pm

That is very informative. Thanks for sharing
    A Peice Of My Life

10. Neha

April 20, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Lovely read! Yup I always found the world soulmates overrated and a bit too fanciful.
    Quaint

11. Haneen Ibrahim

April 20, 2017 at 9:10 pm

I have to admit, I never thought of it this way! why share a soul? now that I do think about it, it sounds a bit creepy.
    and thanks for introducing the quinzaine poem, new to me 🙂

Q’s for Queen(s).
    Theme: Weaving Cinquains.
    Blog Post:http://haneenwrites.blogspot.com/2017/04/qs-for-queens-atozchallenge.html

12. Soumya

April 20, 2017 at 11:42 pm

So clean and powerful. Why share souls indeed?

13. Kaddu

April 21, 2017 at 12:50 am

I read that soulmates are the ones who challenge us the most… push us out of our comfort zones… and help us grow the most. Not “complete each other”, as portrayed in romantic movies.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ http://www.mysteriouskaddu.com

14. Shalini R

April 21, 2017 at 1:46 am

Yay! This is fun! I loved this form of poem. Simple! 🙂

15. Linda - Nickers and Ink Poetry and Humor

April 21, 2017 at 5:39 am

Love the idea of a poetry term A-Z series.
    Visiting from the A-Z Challenge. ((I’m doing five blog sites this time around.)
    Here’s one:
    Nickers and Ink Poetry and Humor

16. Lydia

April 21, 2017 at 5:39 am

Wow, the more I find out about how many different types of pomes there are, the more amazed I am. It makes me wonder how people came up with all the different types in the first place. Thanks for sharing!
    Visiting from the A to Z Challenge. You can see my “Q” post here: https://lydiahowe.com/2017/04/20/q-is-for-questions-atozchallenge-also-time-for-yall-to-ask-questions/

17. Suzy

April 21, 2017 at 4:01 pm

I like the quinzaine form. I think the term soulmate is used very loosely. In my view soulmates are those that resonate at soul level.
    Suzy at Someday Somewhere – Quieting the mind