#Rondel: Goodbye #atozchallenge

I say goodbye to you today
Hoping life will treat you well
On the sadness please don’t dwell
As forever, I walk away

Over the years, our lives went astray
And being together became hell
I say goodbye to you today
Hoping life will treat you well

I hope someday I can convey
At one time i was under your spell
I thought then, the future would be swell
But then our love did decay
I say goodbye to you today

(c) Sanch Vee @ Sanch Writes (21 April 2017)

***

A Rondel is a French form consisting of 13 lines: two quatrains and a quintet, rhyming as follows: ABba abAB abbaA. The capital letters are the refrains, or repeats.

This has been written for the 2017 A to Z Challenge

14 Comments

1. Bellybytes

April 21, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Another brilliant poem. Can feel the pathos. Hope you are enjoying your trek!

2. Shalini

April 21, 2017 at 12:46 pm

What a gem!!! I am loving your poetic creativity Sanchi. Happy trekking girl!! Take care
    Ravanhatha-a unique musical instrument from Rajasthan
    Shalini recently posted…[R] RavanaHatha in Pushkar |#atozchallenge 2017|My Profile

3. Kalpanaa

April 21, 2017 at 1:42 pm

That’s very sad. Beautiful rondel.

4. Sreesha

April 21, 2017 at 1:44 pm

I feel like I’m sitting in a room, maybe with a lit fireplace, hugging my knees, reading this poem and just… I don’t know what to say, I loved it so much! I wish I could link it with the story I’m writing for my A to Z.

1. Sanch, the writer

April 21, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Oh thanks so much for that…I love your writing so this is high praise indeed πŸ™‚

5. Modern Gypsy

April 21, 2017 at 2:49 pm

You’re coming up with so many forms of poetry that I had never even heard about! The poem speaks so well of love lost, too.
    Modern Gypsy recently posted…Release your fear: create art with wild abandonMy Profile

6. Gail M Baugniet (@GailMBaugniet)

April 21, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Your poem is very expressive, a bit sad with its message of parting, but pragmatic in its choice of wording. I love learning new forms of poetry for me to try. Thank you for sharing this.

7. Dipanwita Chakraborty

April 21, 2017 at 7:46 pm

I am short of words. The poem is simply beautiful. Lost love is always a topic close to my heart. Loved it

1. Sanch, the writer

April 21, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Thank you for your lovely words Dipanwita πŸ™‚

8. Kaddu

April 21, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Sad poem. At least they parted amicably.
    I didn’t get that about the caps. That capital B is not repeated anywhere? I’m confused.
    Enjoy your off! And come back and catch up with my blog okay! πŸ˜›
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ http://www.mysteriouskaddu.com

9. Soumya

April 21, 2017 at 11:13 pm

I so love this! The words, the rhymes – all marries so beautifully.
    Maybe you should make a book out of this years A to Z. It will do really well.

1. Sanch, the writer

April 21, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Thanks Soumya…it is something I am contemplating and might add some extra poems within some of the forms πŸ™‚

10. Suzy

April 22, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Another interesting form and a very well written poem. A goodbye note written with so much emotion and grace.
    Suzy at Someday Somewhere – Respond Intelligently