Unwreathed Sestet: Weigh-in day #atozchallenge

I pray I won’t be like a whale
And fail my diet by goin’ astray
I weigh my body on the scale
My pale face, wary as I weigh
The day I dread as a female
– One that tells me I’m not okay

(c) Sanch Vee @ Sanch Writes (25 April 2017)

***

An Unwreathed sestet is the reverse of wreathed poetry. The first line starts with an internal rhyme with the second external and so on, there being no seventh line there is no external rhyme. The basic rhyme structure is as follows:

x. a. x. x. x. x. x. b.

x. b. x. x. x. x. x. a.

x. a. x. x. x. x. x. b.

x. b. x. x. x. x. x. a.

x. a. x. x. x. x. x. b.

x. x. x. x. x. x. x. a.

This has been written for the 2017 A to Z Challenge

1. Modern Gypsy

April 25, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Oh, this makes me so angry – linking self-worth to a number on the weighing scale. It’s all kinds of wrong and hurtful!
    Modern Gypsy recently posted…Understanding layers: why I hide collage below layers of paintMy Profile

2. SHALINI BAISIWALA

April 25, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Wow Sanchie another gem from your kitty! I must confess I didnt really follow the technicalities of this form very well but I loved the anguish you have poured into the poem over a topic thats so universal to every woman worth her salt! Cheers
    ​Unzymotic Road Trip

3. Sreesha

April 25, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Loved this form! Must have been tough to write.

4. Bellybytes

April 25, 2017 at 8:40 pm

OOh. And so prophetic. I’m on yet another diet and I begin my day with a weigh in. Today unfortunately I cheated majorly and the sad thing is that I’m not regretting it!!!!

5. Roshan Radhakrishnan

April 25, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Woah… this is some complex rhyme scheming! Who thinks of stuff like this 🙂

A Uruguayan called Jose

6. Jacqui

April 26, 2017 at 12:59 am

Interesting poetry form. Who ever thought of this??

7. Kaddu

April 26, 2017 at 2:14 am

This is complicated, and not particularly interesting. The form I mean. The poem, I loved.
    Happy AtoZing!
    My post for today @ A to Z of Happiness: Unplug

8. Fabida Abdulla

April 26, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Ah, weighing scale numbers!! They don’t really mean much, and can be misguiding if you’re weight training – the muscle mass increases. Yet, we still fret over numbers!

9. Shilpa Garg

April 27, 2017 at 3:29 am

It must be pretty challenging to write this form of poem, isnt it?
    Ah! The weight woes… we all are made to feel guilty about it…

10. Shailaja Vishwanath

April 27, 2017 at 11:54 am

Sigh, I feel like a whale every single day. Thanks for this. I know I have women in soldarity.

11. 2017 #AtoZReflections - Sanch Writes

May 8, 2017 at 5:01 am

[…] But, I also enjoyed writing them and challenging myself. Some of the hardest poems were for the Unwreathed Sestet, Palindrome and Zanila. The easiest was probably the Acrostic and the […]

Comments are closed.