Life

Lucky numbers #FridayReflections

I am not a big believer in astrology or horoscopes or most superstitions. However, my grandfather was always a big believer. As a teenager, I pooh-poohed a lot of what he had to say. Because after all, teens know best. One of the things he told me was that my lucky number was 7 and my lucky colour was blue. I didn’t think much of it. I never really followed it.

With numbers, I found I had a preference for even numbers and multiples of five. 7 really never fell in that category. I had {and continue to have} the quirk of needing the volume on the radio or television to be an even number of a multiple of five. Seven, on the other hand, was not only an odd number but it was also a prime number. Not my favourite.

And yet, in a weird way, I’ve found myself drawn to 7.

My phone number on coming to Australia had a 7 in it.

My student ID when I studied psychology here had a 7 in it.

My very first home I bought {and one of the happiest places I’ve lived in here in Aus} — the apartment was number 7 even though it was on the first floor and could easily have been 3.

I lived in my favourite area for 7 years before moving because I couldn’t find work there and got sick of travelling.

So while I am not superstitious or anything, it’s weird how the sevens find me. Maybe my grandfather was on to something after all.

Have you got a favourite number? Or a lucky number?

Do share!

If you are new to Friday Reflections, here’s what it’s about. It’s the end of the week, you’re probably exhausted with work, and all you want to do is sit back, put your feet up, sip on some fancy cocktail or wine, and write away.

Corinne from Everyday Gyaan and yours truly give you writing prompts and all you have to do is choose any one of those prompts to blog about and link up every Friday. The link will be open till the Monday. After you link up, be sure to spread the love by visiting other bloggers who have linked up too.

Feel free to add our Friday Reflections badge to your post or sidebar! Follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group. Share your post on social media with the hashtag #FridayReflections.

Prompts for 26th May 2017:
1. Write about a number or numbers that have a special meaning for you
2. Look at the night sky and use it to inspire your writing
3. Write on any of the posts from the month of May
4. “You live only once, but if you do it right, once is enough” – Mae West. Use this quote to inspire your post or within it.
5. Picture prompt (credit: Living my Imperfect Life)

Our featured writer for 19th May was The Unknown Journey for post on the sounds of silence. You can be in the running to be our featured writer. All you need to do is write up a post on one of the prompts above and link up. Then come back on Monday and vote for your favourite {preferably not your own!}.

11 Comments

The Unknown Journey Ahead
    May 26, 2017 at 11:12 am

Thank you for picking me as the featured writer! I don’t know if my autistic brother in law (the subject of my blog) has a lucky number, but I’ve always been drawn to the number 17. I was born on the 17th, as was my one child, and my parents were married on the 17th. No wonder I’m drawn to that number.

Ness
    May 26, 2017 at 11:45 am

Wow. Interesting how that number features so much for you. Our house number is 7! Odd numbers in general seem to always pop-up in my life, especially 15. Apropos of nothing, I love the expression ‘pooh-poohed’! I simply don’t hear that enough in conversation.

Meanwhile, my laptop is not behaving atm, so I will be back to link up my post later.

7 Reasons Why Seven Is My Favourite Number – broken blue bubbles
    May 26, 2017 at 5:01 pm

[…] This post is written for #FridayReflections hosted by Sanch! Check out the other posts here! […]

Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710
    May 26, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Seven is my favourite number too! Though 8 is supposed to be my lucky number 😀

It really is a coincidence that you have had so many 7’s in your life! I haven’t had that many coincidences with the number 7, and it only just appears to be in my birthdate. 🙂
    Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710 recently posted…7 Reasons Why Seven Is My Favourite NumberMy Profile

A Handwritten Poem #FridayReflections - Reflections..
    May 27, 2017 at 2:17 pm

[…] with Friday Reflections hosted by Sanch at Living my Imperfect Life and Corinne at Everyday […]

Vinitha
    May 27, 2017 at 2:26 pm

It could be a coincidence or it could be because 7 has something to do with you. Human brain easily recognizes patterns and sticks with it. I like number 3, just because of my DOB , 3-8-83. I don’t think that it is my lucky number though.
    Vinitha recently posted…Hurry #FiveSentenceFiction 10My Profile

Vanessa
    May 29, 2017 at 8:52 am

I think in late primary school I thought I had to have a favourite number, so I chose number one, because why not!? 🙂
    Vanessa recently posted…#ArchiveLove 28My Profile

Pratikshya
    May 29, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Actually I do believe a bit in numerology and astrology too.. My birthdates add up to ‘1’ and it was written in the book… that 1 and all multiples of 1 would be my lucky number… how lucky..!!
    Pratikshya recently posted…Dark Brew : A dark humorMy Profile

Paula, The Geeky Shopaholic
    May 30, 2017 at 5:01 pm

I’m not a huge believer in astrology or horoscopes either but I do them interesting! And Seven is my favorite number! … I’m just catching up on your blog. It looks like you’re going through some rough times. I don’t know the circumstances but I wish you the best!
    Paula, The Geeky Shopaholic recently posted…The Things I love Most about my HusbandMy Profile

Sreesha
    May 31, 2017 at 7:55 pm

I read horoscopes for fun, and I enjoy reading the traits of my zodiac (mainly cos we’re always described as mean, and I kinda like thinking about myself as a badass than a mouse). I have that exact same quirk about volume! It has to be an even number, and sometimes, rarely, I’m fine with multiples of five as well. And interestingly, the number I’m always drawn to is 3 – odd and prime just like 7!
    Sreesha recently posted…The TributeMy Profile

May 2017: Not really fun - Living my Imperfect Life
    June 1, 2017 at 10:00 pm

[…] be funny on the blog while talking about being a bit of a neat freak and sharing my thoughts on my lucky number. And I got sentimental penning a letter to my future self. I had a laugh going to a show as part of […]