The Month That Was

Kinda proud of June 2017

Ah June. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy after the shitty end to May. But I didn’t realise just how crazy it could get. I had vowed to keep busy in June because after all, when a significant relationship ends, it is hard to not dwell on all that went wrong and question everything. It was good in that I managed to have dinner with work friends a few times, enjoy my book club, watch movies with a couple of friends, complete the 5 Lands Walk and end the month with a trip to the Blue Mountains with friends.

But, there was also the crazy stuff. Like smashing my car and then killing my phone. All within two weeks of each other. Being at fault for the crash meant I had to pay my excess. And my phone could not be revived and since it’s out of warranty, I had to shell out for a new phone. Sigh. Such is life. And Murphy’s law.

In June, I did find some time to blog. I wrote a couple of book reviews and also reviewed where I was with my reading challenges. I reflected on three completely overrated books {in my humble opinion!} and talked about my blogging process. I had some wallowing moments while thinking about how I got lost in life and how I seem to have made some mistakes I regret.

Finally, June was meant to focus on pride and I guess I didn’t so much of that. But here’s the time to feel proud about surviving the month that was June! Because you know what? It was tough but I got through it. With some tears, some rants and some laughter.

It’s time to move on to July and focus on Serenity. A post on this emotion will be up tomorrow.

If you have written a post reflecting on the month of June, do link up below!

***Linking with Alicia for Open Slather and Denyse for Life this week***

20 Comments

Michelle (inthegoodbooksblog)
    July 4, 2017 at 6:55 am

Eleanor Oliphant is my favourite book of the year so far! I’d love to hear your thoughts on it. If you have reviewed it, could you please provide the link as I’d love to check it out!

Michelle (inthegoodbooksblog)
    July 4, 2017 at 6:55 am

Parul Thakur
    July 4, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Proud of you, Sanch. It’s good to know that you intentionally focussed on things that matter to you – reading, walking and taking care of self. I love your pictures. They are so full of life.
    Wishing you a happy July and all the months ahead. Hugs!

P.S. I linked up this time 🙂
    Parul Thakur recently posted…#MicroblogMondays – Sad or sorry?My Profile

Parul Thakur
    July 4, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Wishing you a happy July and all the months ahead. Hugs!

P.S. I linked up this time 🙂
    Parul Thakur recently posted…#MicroblogMondays – Sad or sorry?My Profile

Damyanti
    July 4, 2017 at 1:45 pm

That’s a whole lot done– onwards and upwards into July!

Damyanti
    July 4, 2017 at 1:45 pm

That’s a whole lot done– onwards and upwards into July!

Claire
    July 4, 2017 at 3:09 pm

That “Let’s Pretend This Never Happened” book looks good.
    Claire recently posted…Hello My Birth Month!My Profile

Claire
    July 4, 2017 at 3:09 pm

That “Let’s Pretend This Never Happened” book looks good.
    Claire recently posted…Hello My Birth Month!My Profile

Rajlakshmi
    July 4, 2017 at 6:26 pm

You managed to do so much in just one month. Love your energy and enthusiasm to be focused on your goal. I haven’t heard of 5 lands walk before … Let me find out more. Wish you a wonderful July.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…7 Things I Google, Don’t Laugh okMy Profile

Rajlakshmi
    July 4, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Rajlakshmi recently posted…7 Things I Google, Don’t Laugh okMy Profile

Denyse
    July 4, 2017 at 10:10 pm

It’s been a month of quite a lot happening and more hasn’t it? I’m glad you did the 5 lands walk. It gets an amazing turnout ! Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek – the last one for a bit.. but I will be back and hope you will continue to join us! Denyse

Denyse
    July 4, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Soumya
    July 4, 2017 at 10:57 pm

WOW! I knew you would bounce back in style! So proud of you Sanch.

I’ll be linking my Action Replay posts here from this month.
    Soumya recently posted…Action Replay: June 2017My Profile

Soumya
    July 4, 2017 at 10:57 pm

WOW! I knew you would bounce back in style! So proud of you Sanch.

I’ll be linking my Action Replay posts here from this month.
    Soumya recently posted…Action Replay: June 2017My Profile

Obsessivemom
    July 6, 2017 at 11:11 am

I love your spirit Sanch and the determination to bounce back. June has been a happening month for you and I’m so glad. It’s great to have friends for company when you’re not in a too good a space. Hope July is even better.
    Need to read all your book reviews.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Random acts of kindnessMy Profile

Obsessivemom
    July 6, 2017 at 11:11 am

Need to read all your book reviews.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Random acts of kindnessMy Profile

Rachna
    July 6, 2017 at 4:10 pm

You did good, Sanch. That was a full month and despite the setbacks you managed to read, write and travel. That’s fabulous. Wish you a great July as well.
    Rachna recently posted…The June That Was And Life LessonsMy Profile

Rachna
    July 6, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Rachna recently posted…The June That Was And Life LessonsMy Profile

Ashleigh My Meow
    July 6, 2017 at 6:38 pm

I’m always impressed with how much you read and blog! Looking forward to our walk in a few weeks.
    Ashleigh My Meow recently posted…The Magic of Not Giving A F#*kMy Profile