Life

One year ago

I’ve been reminiscing recently.

Just a year ago, I had finished my coursework and all my assignments for my Masters. I was also frantically collecting data for my thesis and I had completed my introduction for the thesis.

How time flies!

The Masters sped through so quickly, although it didn’t seem that way then. The stress about juggling assignments, research, placements and work was almost constant. But in a funny way, I miss all that now.

I miss the excitement of getting all the assignments.

I miss the adrenalin rush when planning the assignments.

I miss procrastinating when working on assignments.

I miss checking the word count every 5 seconds.

I miss the anxiety I constantly seemed to have during these times.

Bottom-line is, I would do it all over again. I would go back to uni to study further.

Just to have the same adrenaline rush of learning.

And yes, I know, I am a nerd. But I’m not ashamed of being one. πŸ™‚

Tash
    November 22, 2008 at 10:52 am

Wow! Interesting post….almost had me thinking! I am so resistant to more study!
    Still pondering the psych supervision path….
    Well done, getting through it!

Raahi
    November 22, 2008 at 6:04 pm

The other night I had to stay up late to finish off some analysis for work and I actually didn’t mind it since it brought back memories of grad school days:)

I finally managed to add you to my reader! I can now stay with your blogs in real-time:) I had no idea you wrote this regularly. I really enjoyed reading many of your previous posts just now.

I’m going to take inspiration from you and write better and be more regular:)

November 22, 2008 at 10:25 pm

@ Tash: If you are willing to give up a social life, Masters/D Psych shouldn’t be a problem. πŸ™‚

I’m so tempted to do the Child Clinical Psych degree from Melb uni…in the future.

@ Raahi: Good to see you visit! Yes, I have been more up to date with blogging recently…just got addicted to the whole experience! πŸ˜›

Sneha Divakar
    November 23, 2008 at 9:53 am

oh, i miss everything about college. though i was never a nerd, i miss the classes and course work in addition to library, canteen, sports complex, college bus etc in the campus

Smita
    November 24, 2008 at 3:28 am

well well…we always miss what we don’t have. Though I miss my college days but never the study part he he he he…..

But hey you aren’t a nerd girl…nah!

Jessica
    November 24, 2008 at 5:05 pm

I’m so with you on this one. I miss it too, but am so glad I have more time on my hands.

Orhan Kahn
    November 25, 2008 at 8:39 am

I’m going to be suffering from all of this over the next few years.

November 26, 2008 at 2:32 am

@ Sneha: Thanks for visiting. I must admit that I do miss the time spent with friends at uni — although we still continue, there is something different.

@ Smita: Yeah, I think I’m sick in the head to be missing the study and the assignments…but I love ’em!

@ Jessica: I tend to not do so well with more time on my hands — love being busy, busy, busy — think that’s why uni appealed to me.

@ Orhan: Good luck mate! πŸ™‚