As requested, I’m keeping you updated on the flatmate situation.
I have no idea what has happened but Housemate 1 is now going to advertise at work to see if anyone is interested in moving in.
That leaves me with one option for now — wait it out. I think I just need to wait it out until the other person moves in and then see if I feel comfortable. I don’t feel threatened in any way and all my friends are aware of my situation. I am not fond of Housemate 1 because I think we are just different…and not that I don’t get along with people who are different…he’s different in a weird sort of way. I can’t even describe it! Also, I found out that we have different television tastes which is not helpful!
Anyway, the ‘waiting it out’ is hard…especially when I keep looking up rental listings in the neighbourhood every single day and get excited at some of the apartments currently going. But I have also been thinking to myself…moving out before a month may look bad in terms of my rental reliability in future.
So anyway, thank you all again for your comments the last time. It was a bit like my head — there were two sides. And I just might take the side suggesting to wait, save and then leave.
Until next time,