Life

Final Decision

Okay, so my posts are normally more than just day-to-day stuff.

Unfortunately, since I moved, I’ve pretty much used my blog to whinge. Just for that, I want to thank you all for bearing with me.

I’ve made my decision: I’m moving out. I may see if there’s a friend who is willing to put up with me for a few weeks but I’m moving out.

The reasons:

1. Housemate 1 asked ex-flatmate to move in and did not tell me last week that he agreed. I heard him say to someone over the phone that the room was taken and only found out this week that ex-flatmate moves in on Saturday.

2. Housemate 1 used some of my laundry powder without asking. He also took a couple eggs without asking. He told me about both later but never bothered saying he’d replace them. Now, I’m not possessive about my stuff but I prefer the respect i.e I prefer being asked. I’ve lived with friends and they have always asked me before borrowing stuff and have always said they’d replace it (following which I’ve refused). It’s the principle, you see.

3. I have not been able to focus on my work and my clients the last 3 days due to stressing about the living situation. And work is my priority. If anything messes with it…it’s got to change!!!

I know these may sound trivial. But bottom-line is that although Housemate 1 says it’s a share place and he wants me to feel comfortable, he has power over me and uses it subtly.

And I don’t like it.

If I share, I’d rather share with someone else who is renting.

Or, I ‘d rather live by myself.

Will keep you updated.

Orhan Kahn
    March 4, 2009 at 11:22 am

You’re doing the right thing!

Kartikey
    March 4, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Point 3 ‘rocks’!

Rest are like tail-enders.

what else? Hope that the new flatmate turns out to be like that guy from the film Psycho. Or that the flat be infested be mice and may the pied pipers go on an indefinite strike? 🙂

Jessica
    March 4, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I’m glad your decided! 🙂 I’m sure things will be much better when you get out of there.

Raahi
    March 4, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Good decision. Point #3 especially makes a lot of sense.
    Good luck with a new place!

p.s. : This is the second time I’ve come across ‘whinge’ in a blog. Is it the new cool replacement for ‘whine’? 🙂

March 5, 2009 at 9:36 am

@ Orhan: Thanks for the support!

@ Karikey: Lol at your last comments! 🙂 But yeah, point 3 was the deciding factor!

@ Jessica: Thanks…I hope so too!

@ Raahi: Thanks…yeah hoping to crash with friends until I find a good place…fingers crossed! Oh and ‘whinge’ is Aussie-English for whine or crib… 🙂 So you guessed it right!

Smita
    March 6, 2009 at 2:11 pm

And I am glad that u r moving out!!!

U shud have done that looong back…but koi na 🙂

Take Care!!!

mesoliloquy
    March 6, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Good decision. Better to get out of there.

Joel
    March 7, 2009 at 3:01 pm

yeyyy . ! . good for ya .. hope things work out well ..

March 8, 2009 at 10:27 am

@ Smita: Yep…you’re right…should’ve done that long back…shouldn’t have even moved here with a landlord!

@ Mesoliloquy: Thanks…definitely think it’s for the best

@ Joel: Thank you! I hope so too.

@ all: A friend just had a room available in their rental place so will be crashing with them for a while until I save up a bit more. 🙂