So I’ve booked my tickets to go to India in the next few months. It’s been 4 years and 3 months. However, I’ll only be going for 3 weeks as that’s about the only leave I have. I’m hoping nothing goes wrong this time around. (Back in 2007 when I planned to go, I had issues with my passport and cancelled my ticket one day before I was due to fly out).
Am I excited? Yes and no.
Here’s some of the stuff I’m looking forward to:
– Catching up with family (i.e. mum, dad and little sis and a few relatives)
– Catching up with friends — those that are around.
– Shopping for shoes (Now, I’m not a fan of shopping at all…but I find it really hard to find work shoes in my size. I’m a size 5 and all shoes at stores like Big W and Target start their sizes at 6!)
And now, here’s the stuff I’m not looking forward to:
– My grandmother (she lives with us and hates me…the feeling is mutual)
– People telling me I’ve changed (Duh!)
– People telling me I’ve become fat (What do you expect — I was a uni student and I can’t afford the gym!!!)
– People asking me if I can read their minds now that I’m a psychologist (Sigh!!!)
– The weather (I’ve chosen the monsoons…and it’s always been my worst season)
– And the BIGGEST — people asking me about my marriage plans or interfering by ‘recommending’ guys. I’m NOT looking to get hitched any time soon. And if I eventually do, it will be someone of my choice and not an arranged one.
Okay, so now I’m probably a bit more apprehensive about going back rather than excited. I guess one way out is to just meet up with friends and stay home the rest of the time. That way, I can avoid the ‘people’ I was referring to.
Until next time,