Life

I love Mondays

Mondays are awesome!!

I bet there are some weird looks in response to this statement.

I love Mondays because it’s the day that GOOD NEWS WEEK is on!!

Good News Week is a show where they bring comedians (and sometimes others — politicians, singers, actors) and compete on the news that’s occurred during the week in weird quiz formats. And it’s hilarious!! It’s hosted by comedian Paul McDermott and has two team leaders: Mikey Robins and Claire Hooper.

It’s a format that I personally had never seen before. It’s so politically incorrect it cracks me up.
My favourite guest comedians have got to be Frank Woodley, Akmal Saleh, Wil Anderson, Ross Noble, Arj Barker, Lano, Josh Thomas, Stephen Amos, Fiona O’Loughlin….okay, so it’s a lot of favourites! Some of them are so random they are great! Others are wittier and drier in terms of their humour. And they all take the piss out of each other as well.

It’s a great show because of the concept being so different from what we normally see on the telly. It may not be a show for everyone given the political incorrectness.

But it’s a great way for me to start my week. And it has unfailingly managed to lift my spirits after a hard day at work. And helps me look forward positively for the rest of the week.

Anyway, I know this is a random post and I can assure you I haven’t been paid to promote it! 🙂
But if interested, do catch it on Channel 10 at 8:30 on Mondays or else check out their website for episodes.

Ersa
    June 22, 2009 at 3:18 am

happy monday!

Smita
    June 22, 2009 at 3:45 am

Errr ummm!!! No comments 😀 As have never seen this 😉

June 22, 2009 at 3:50 am

@ Ersa: Thanks, you too. It hasn’t been great though…woke up with a weird stomach bug and I’m home instead of being at work.

@ Smita: No worries…had written this a week ago after a really funny episode that had me in tears due to laughing so much…

amol.naik
    June 22, 2009 at 5:24 am

Lucky you, my Mondays are blue!

Waking up at 6:30, breakfasting, waiting for my turn at the toilette (???)..,getting ready, going to office, coming back to home, heading to Gym, getting back, Pizza, blogpost, sleep….

It sucks…:(

Vee
    June 22, 2009 at 9:25 am

Wow, a rating of 9.1 on IMDB.. something to watch out for then.. Thanks for this..

I too like Mondays but for diff reason…As it is a mid-week for me and weekend is nearing close…:)

legallyalien
    June 22, 2009 at 11:41 am

ooo! I love GNW too. So so funny. One of the few things I watch on Channel 10. 🙂

Reema
    June 22, 2009 at 12:25 pm

thank god u cited the reason!

MilesPerHour
    June 22, 2009 at 4:14 pm

we can make each day the way we want it. I just find that Mondays are more difficult to work with-lol.

June 23, 2009 at 2:11 am

@ Amol: Your Mondays sound pretty full-on and interesting. And gymming…that’s something I really need to get back into.

@ Vee: Welcome! And it’s interesting that Monday is mid-week. The only explanation I can come up with is that you work in the middle east where thurs and fri is your weekend.

@ LegallyAlien: Why am I not surprised?! 🙂

@ Reema: Hehe…I knew people would be surprised.

@ MPH: If it weren’t for the TV show, I reckon I wouldn’t look forward to Mondays either.

Archana
    June 23, 2009 at 3:39 am

It is funny how a TV show can make certain days worth looking forward too 😛

I’ve never heard of the show, but by the sounds of it, seems worth watching. 🙂

Vee
    June 27, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Lol, No. I work in Bangalore for US account and my weekly offs as per the company fall on Thurs n Fri and I love it.. cuz Sat n Sun I work but there is hardly any work.