Humour

Oh Dear God

When are people going to realise that God works in mysterious ways?

I’m not an atheist. Nor am I extemely religious. I believe God exists. Whether it is Devi, Ram, Allah, Jesus or any other. I guess I pray because it is something that gives me hope when I can’t control things happening around me. (Some people would probably refer to it as OCD but that’s all right with me)

What I find hard to understand, is when people behave in this manner.

When people refuse medication because God will come and save themselves or their kids from an illness, maybe seeing a doctor and getting medication is God’s answer.

When you are drowning and praying to God to rescue you, maybe the man in his rowboat is God’s answer.

When you pray to God to pass an exam, maybe studying is God’s answer.

I mean, seriously, how entitled does one have to be to actually think that God has the time to come in person to each and every one of us?

Shankar
    June 16, 2009 at 5:48 am

great post..great thinking…

legallyalien
    June 16, 2009 at 8:31 am

need i say again? i so agree!
    and oh, guess what, i was writing something about God & faith just a little while ago. Will put it up on my blog soon. 🙂

Nupur
    June 16, 2009 at 8:37 am

Well, yes i second the thought. GOD made so many of us (human beings) so that he can take rest and solve big problems in life. But we are queuing up at his door to solve our tiny problems as well ! We are not ready move our butt and want HIM to dance around us at our beck and call ! How selfish and illogical is that !

Hey this reminds me i have written a post YOU. May be you will like it. Check that in my older posts.

numerounity
    June 16, 2009 at 8:58 am

well I do believe and that’s the most strange part of the word called “belief”!!!

Mumbai Diva
    June 16, 2009 at 10:13 am

hmmmm…i second your thoughts. I feel one should have belief….and like they say god helps those who help themselves

Ersa
    June 16, 2009 at 2:34 pm

aaarrgghh, how can they do that to that poor baby. what were they thinking!!!!!!!

Solilo
    June 16, 2009 at 9:24 pm

It is ignorance and false belief which forces people to take such extreme measures. How else would we see people even sacrificing their little ones for prosperity. Yes! even such things happen in villages.

June 17, 2009 at 9:25 am

@ Shankar: Thanks!

@ Legallyalien: Hehe! Can’t wait for your post.

@ Nupur: I read your post…quite nice!

@ Numerounity: Welcome! Yeah…but belief to what extent?

@ MumbaiDiva: Oh yeah…I forgot that saying but it is perfect!

@ Ersa: I know…you’d think people would ‘sacrifice’ their belief for their kids, eh?

@ Solilo: Yup…who knows what lurks in their minds?

Deeps
    September 20, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Agree with all that you have said and the comments thereafter. I’m a firm believer in God too. But I fail to understand the ridiculous lengths people go to, to justify their ridiculous beliefs in the name of God!!

September 21, 2010 at 11:13 am

It’s scary how far people stretch their beliefs, isn’t it??