Life

Work-weary?

I just had an epiphany yesterday. Or something like it. (Okay…so it was probably just a realisation)

I realise that by having 2 part-time jobs instead of 1 full-time job, I actually end up working a lot more. Don’t understand? Well, the amount of work I try and do at each part-time job is equivalent to a full-time job each!

Don’t get me wrong — I love my jobs and for the life of me cannot decide which one I’d choose if for some reason I got offered them full-time. My pay scale at the school is higher but the work is not as challenging as the severe cases I have to refer externally due to time constraints. Pay scale at the second job is less but the work is challenging and I’m learning everyday.

Hmm…maybe two part-times is the way to go at the moment.

And then, in a year or so, who knows? Maybe something else will come up and I’ll just know.

Until then, I’ll just continue working like a dog — two full-time equivalent jobs for the pay of one.

Archana
    August 24, 2009 at 1:50 am

Good for you juggling two jobs and making the best of both! I’m sure at times it’s challenging, but just as long as you’re learning the ropes and it’s proving to be beneficial, then it’s all good. 🙂

ani_aset
    August 24, 2009 at 12:03 pm

isnt it like ones shortcomings are getting satisfied by other.. god bless you..hope you get what you deserve 🙂

August 24, 2009 at 2:20 pm

i know how you feel…i did this for a while, when i was a student actually..and as tiring as it was, it was a lot of fun too..and i learned a lot that way…so yeah, enjoy it for now 😀 and i’m sure you will find a nice opportunity soon

ssq
    August 25, 2009 at 4:41 pm

It is a matter of time, right now there are two priorities – money and learning, both of which you are getting. You cannot quit either right now, but if you realllly have to, I’d have to go with the one with lower pay scale and more learning, coz the learning can get you to a higher pay scale very quickly. My two cents 🙂

PS: Im back, do come by and visit. How was your India trip, how are you, I guess I have loads to catch up on. I will slowly but surely.

SSQuo
    August 25, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Oops that was me on the prev comment, I was logged into another blog I have decided to create. Grrr.

August 25, 2009 at 11:15 pm

@ Archana: Yeah, I think I need to remind myself of all that I am learning despite the fact that I am tired. I think it’s the tiredness that’s been getting to me a bit and thinking in this way.

@ Ani: Yes…and that’s why I’m torn! 🙂

@ Titaxy: Yeah…I reckon I will give it another year or so before looking elsewhere. Unless of course, an awesome position comes up!

@ SSquo: Welcome back! I kinda need to money at the moment (for reasons I can’t explain here) so that makes it harder. Else I would have definitely chosen to go with the better learning one! I think though, for the time being,I am sticking with the two I have! 🙂