Life

Flatmate found!

Yes, I did it.

I found me a flatmate. And she seems really nice! She was the fourth person to contact me.

Two people were no shows…one of whom did not even bother to text or call to say she couldn’t make it. The other apologised for forgetting and said she would call back but didn’t. The third one came by yesterday and was quite nice. Except I wasn’t sure if she would actually move out of her current place. Then there was this girl from today.

When I spoke to her on the phone, I had a good feeling. Want to know why? Because she said something along the lines of “let me get my diary” when we were trying to organise a time for her to view the place. The reason that gave me a good feeling is because I live by my diary. I call it my brain! In my world, someone who keeps a diary is much more organised than someone who uses post-it notes. So anyway, she had a brownie point there. And when I met her and her friend today, they were both really nice people. One of those people you can’t help but like. She seems to meet most of the criteria and wants a place that is long-term which is also good. Fingers crossed there are not too many skeletons in the closet! =)

So yeah, she’s willing to move within a week. And that’s that. Unless of course, something changes.

I’d like to especially thank Titaxy for her help through this…providing me with questions that I could ask and checking for other things.  Thanks heaps again! And thanks to Nu for recommending that I ask her.

Oh, and I cannot wait for tomorrow night…when this week will finally be over! Anyone else feel like that??? Let’s hear it for Friday nights! (And no, I’m not doing anything special…will be having my night-in with my wine…after a fucking long & stressful week)

Vicki
    October 22, 2009 at 10:26 am

Yay! FINALLY! I hope she turns out alright for you!

ani_aset
    October 22, 2009 at 10:32 am

hey congrats…have a good stay 🙂 ..hehe i see a BMI ticker ..whats that for? now…all the best for achieving that target too 😉

G
    October 22, 2009 at 11:01 am

am i first here or what! 😀

Wonderful news! I remember I started reading your blog the last time you were contemplating looking for a flatmate and having trouble with some pilot guy. That is when I commented on your post telling you to stay alert.
    🙂

Have a nice time with the new roomie! 🙂

October 22, 2009 at 11:20 am

@ Vicki: Yep…keeping my fingers crossed!

@ Ani: Oh, I’ll have a good stay…she’s moving in with me. BMI…trying to lose weight. Not very successful yet. 😛

@ G: Aw sorry…you are not first this time. Time has flown eh…when I was looking back then was in Feb. Now at least one positive is that she is moving in here. The pilot guy was the owner of his place and that’s what made it even weirder. At least here we are both on an even ground. Anyway, keeping fingers crossed it all works out…

soin
    October 22, 2009 at 11:34 am

lets see if some post about some crazy women who drinks codka in the morning,comes near you and starts crawing or such stuff come up..i hope not..cheers..free

Archana
    October 22, 2009 at 11:55 am

Yayy exciting! 🙂 Glad you found a flatmate! And yes, it’s always that gut feeling that kinda makes or breaks the deal. The more put together people plan their lives out in a planner/diary, which is important when you’re going to be dealing with bills, payments, etc together. Good luck with it all, hope she turns out to be a flat mate turned friend!

Joel
    October 22, 2009 at 12:07 pm

someone who keeps a diary is much more organised than someone who uses post-it notes.

thats my work desk ! 🙁

Aditya
    October 22, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Good for you. How I wish I live alone too. Staying with family deprives me of the weekly whiskey quota on my weekends 🙁

Smita
    October 22, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Congrats dear 🙂

Seriously, finding a good flat mate can be a hell of a task and who knows this better than you!!!

Have a great weekend 🙂

October 22, 2009 at 5:24 pm

ohh that’s good news….awesome, congrats!

Sidthegnomenator
    October 22, 2009 at 7:46 pm

I’m really pleased for you – hope it works out. I think you have to go with your gut sometimes and it sounds like you did!

Avada Kedavra
    October 22, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Congrats! 🙂

Chatterbox
    October 22, 2009 at 8:50 pm

Congratulations PB.
    I too stick with my gut feelings as far judging people rather than trusting my mind blindly.

If you feel good about her, everything’s going to go on the right track.

Good luck and have a fantastic weekend & Friday night.

Cheers!!

Nu
    October 23, 2009 at 4:11 am

Hey I’m glad that you did finally find one sensible good partner…Good Luck with her shifting in and all…

And hey you missed mentioning that I directed you to Titaxy for help…buaaaahhhhhh…. 🙁 someone’s forgetting me 🙁

Bhagwad Jal Park
    October 23, 2009 at 4:14 am

You sound as if she was the interviewee! Is it really that way? I thought flatmates just sort of liked each other informally…

But I guess it’s important to find qualities you like and it IS your house. If I were not desperate to get a new one, maybe I would be an interviewer too 🙂

Quixotic
    October 23, 2009 at 8:09 am

Glad you have found a new flatmate – I’m sure it will all turn out great, intuition will rarely steer you wrong!

October 23, 2009 at 10:11 am

@ Soin: Dunno what books you are reading mate…

@ Archana: The friend part would be a bonus. As long as she is sane and easy going and good with payments, I’m happy 🙂

@ Joel: Lol…funny thing is, I too have post-it notes at work. However, I do have a diary as well with more info particularly appointments.

@ Aditya: Lol…I must say, my drinking has increased living away from family! 😛 Not that I’m an alcoholic…but I bet my mum would have panic attacks knowing I have about 3-4 glasses of red wine a week. Hope you achieve your dream of living alone soon…

@ Smita: Yep…you followed me through my journey with the crazy pilot dude…hope this one is betterthan that!

@ Titaxy: Thanks 🙂

@ Sid: Yeah sometimes you do. Last time I didn’t go with my gut and instead thought I was overreacting and believed my friend instead. Not good.

@ Avada: Thanks 🙂

@ Chatterbox: Thanks…and hope you have a great weekend too…

@ Nu: Yep, keeping my fingers crossed things work out. And I have edited the post to include you as well… 🙂 Sorry about that!

@ Bhagwad: It actually is like an interview. I asked her a few questions around her previous sharing experience and stuff. It’s just not done in a formal way of sitting across desks or anything but is still a form of an interview. Unless you already know the person, the best way to get a flatmate would probably be through an interview…so you don’t end up with psychos! Hey, if I could, I would give them some psychological questionnaires to complete! 😛 But that would just scare people off…

@ Quixotic: Thanks…but unfortunately for me, my intuition is not always right. Although the last time it was and I didn’t follow it. And regretted it.

The Survivor
    October 23, 2009 at 11:24 am

Good for you, hope she turns out well!

Pesto Sauce
    October 25, 2009 at 4:31 am

Hope the new person turns out well

And have a great time with that bottle.