Humour NaBloPoMo

Two Random Things

I’m going to share two totally random things about myself:

1. I sang on radio in 2002-03 and won a prize: a signed CD of Ronan Keating’s album Destination.
How did I win? Not because I have an outstanding voice. The competition involved singing Ronan Keating’s song “I love the way we do” in a different language. And I chose to sing in ‘P’ language. Yes, there is a language like that. A made-up language which a few people are aware of. It involves inserting the letter ‘P’ before a vowel. For example, Ronan Keating would become Rponpan Kpeatping. ๐Ÿ™‚ So yeah, I sang the song in ‘P’ language and because it was the most unique language, I won!

2. I have fallen asleep in the classroom. And have been caught for it.
It was in Year 6 during English. I was seated in the last bench. And we were reading from the text. Everyone was getting a turn to read a certain section. Anyway, I think I was really tired and my head was rested on my arm…and I fell asleep. Predictably, my turn came up and guess what? I was asleep and the entire class and the teacher found out and had a good laugh. At me. Having said that, that English teacher was atrocious. My English even back then was better than hers.

So there you go. Two totally random things about me. Why did I post this? It’s part of BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday meme.

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments

livemorenow
    November 17, 2009 at 10:40 am

P language – good grief, did you have to practice before hand or did you wing it when the singing came on? I can just picture myself trying and just making rubbish sounds.

November 17, 2009 at 11:52 am

@ Jacintah: Lol…well I didn’t just wing it because I’ve known the language since I was little. Yes, I learnt P language in addition to English and like English, can speak it better than my mother tongue! ๐Ÿ˜›

Footloose
    November 17, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Hahaha I think I remember you falling asleep! Was our teacher Aneja or Shenoi? I think Aneja back then. And I didn’t know about your radio stint. Congrats!

AngelBaby
    November 17, 2009 at 4:47 pm

What fun to sing on the radio. Did anyone else understand the language? Sounds like fun to me.

Fell asleep in class! LOL! I just never got caught. LOL! I think everyone has done that at one time or another.

Here’s your click ………

Love and Blessings,
    AngelBaby

November 17, 2009 at 5:23 pm

rofl..P language sounds nice :D…will you teach me? :D…if you can speak it better than your mother toungue, then you must be a master :P…so tell me how much would you charge to pass on the knowledge? ๐Ÿ˜‰

falling asleep in class – lol, i have never done it, but sure have been a spectator :P…it’s so much fun haha

perplexed
    November 17, 2009 at 5:57 pm

ohhh.. the P language.. so much fun that is!! I can use the P language in my mother tongue – kannada not so easily in english though!

G
    November 18, 2009 at 3:39 am

P language!! ๐Ÿ˜€ My sister and I had the ‘ch’ language in which the word has to be reversed and a ‘ch’ added to it in the front. for eg. Blog would be chagblo.:D It is fun!

๐Ÿ™‚

soin
    November 18, 2009 at 4:25 am

the second one..been caught loads of times.. and you can speak the p lang??lol.. write a post in p lang..lets see how many get it..free

Matt Parker
    November 18, 2009 at 3:33 pm

P language? How do you manage it.I just tried to speak and gibberish is all I hear! ๐Ÿ˜›

And btw congrats on winning the competition.

Falling asleep in classroom is not that uncommon!Not that I ever did but… ๐Ÿ˜›

Gyanban
    November 19, 2009 at 2:36 am

sounds like postsecret ! ๐Ÿ™‚

Elegant Chic
    November 19, 2009 at 11:32 am

Ahhh P-language!!! My besties and I used to converse in tht language! ๐Ÿ™‚

LOL @ falling asleep in the class

BlueMist
    November 19, 2009 at 12:54 pm

P language ,,ha ha.. i can speak in that language ๐Ÿ˜€

November 20, 2009 at 6:26 am

@ Footloose: It was Aneja! And didn’t I ever tell you about my radio stint? Hmm…it was on the evening show with Jak and Jaggu. I was stoked coz I loved their show as well back then!

@ AngelBaby: Oh yeah…one of the radio jockeys could understand it but the other couldn’t and was very flustered as to what was going on! Thanks for the click! ๐Ÿ™‚

@ Titaxy: Oh yeah, I’m very good at it! ๐Ÿ™‚ Will definitely give you classes if you wish…will be a nice way to make some extra cash. ๐Ÿ˜€ How does 5 US dollars for a 30 min lesson sound?? ๐Ÿ˜›

@ Perplexed: You’re kidding! P language in Kannada is easier than in English? Wow! I found P language in Hindi hard enough…

@ G: Ch language sounds hard!! I remember trying to come up with S language with my sis but we didn’t get far so stuck with P lang!

@ Soin: Hmm writing in P lang may be harder than speaking

@ Matt: Hehe…it does sound like gibberish to the untrained ear…just as any foreign language would. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I learnt it when I was very little so it makes a lot of sense to me…And thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

@ Gyanban: Sorry…but what’s that?

@ EC: Hehe…it’s a nice secret language isn’t it???

@ BM: Yay…welcome to the ‘club’! Did you know, there was a time when I thought it was only in my family that P language existed…and then when I started school I found others who knew it! ๐Ÿ˜› Was heartbroken…