Life

2 and 6…

…make 26.That’s how old I turned last week.

Did I feel any different? Nope. Because I still cannot believe I was only 25 last year. Like I’ve said before, in my head, given my maturity, experiences and just thinking too much, I think I’m 30-odd years.

My sister and another friend very kindly reminded me in their wishes that I was only 26.

Birthdays have now just become ‘another day, another year‘ for me. No big deal about them. It may be because the last birthday I spent with my family was my 21st. Not that birthdays felt too different even back then but there was still something slightly different about it. Maybe because I got spoilt at home on that one day. :p

I have been fortunate to have dear friends here to share my birthday and I really value that. I think my best birthday so far in Australia has been in 2007 when I turned 23 and a mate impulsively decided we go bushwalking and we walked 8 kms and saw some breathtaking views. Following that, upon getting home, my flatmate had bought me a cake and we all shared drinks, home-made dinner and cake…. [I miss that flatmate!!!]

My birthdays are usually quiet ones. This year as well, I went out for dinner with some girlfriends and then we played a board game for some hours. A quiet night but a pleasant one.Β  It was especially nice to get a couple of surprise phone calls from two friends back home, as well as my family sending me birthday cards this year.

All in all, a birthday is just another day. With a year added on.

So whoop-dee-doo…I’m now 26. πŸ™‚

And nothing feels different from 25.

Gyanban
    January 17, 2010 at 9:22 am

Enjoy the moment…coz once you cross 25…time somehow starts to run really fast…and then bdays are not so exciting…and they come quicker than you can imagine. he he:-)

January 17, 2010 at 9:27 am

@ Gyanban: Lol! So now it’s going to be really quick, huh? Oh well… πŸ˜›

Magali
    January 17, 2010 at 9:41 am

OMG! Belated Happy Birthday! May you have many more wonderful ones to come! πŸ™‚
    (Sorry for the clichΓ©d wishes. I never know just what to say on Birthdays!) πŸ™

Richa
    January 17, 2010 at 9:45 am

Belated Happy B’day!

Forget the age, it doesn’t matter either way. Enjoy your break and keep writing your lovely blog!!

January 17, 2010 at 9:51 am

@ Mags: Thanks love! πŸ™‚ And don’t worry about cliches…I know what you mean about these wishes on b’days…

@ Richa: Thank you! πŸ™‚ And yeah…I don’t think age matters any more either… πŸ˜€

Kellyansapansa
    January 17, 2010 at 10:12 am

My theory is that the older you get, the faster a year seems because it’s a smaller percentage of your lifetime. So when you’re 10 a year feels like forever because it’s 10% of the time you have lived. When you’re 50 a year is 0.5% of your lifetime, so it seems much faster. Whatever, just wanted to say happy birthday!

Jen
    January 17, 2010 at 10:27 am

Happy Birthday πŸ™‚

January 17, 2010 at 10:31 am

@ Kelly: Hmm…interesting theory I must say! And makes sense…. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the wishes!! πŸ™‚

Nu
    January 17, 2010 at 11:28 am

A glee feeling !! πŸ™‚ Best wishes always with you PB dear πŸ™‚

blunt edges
    January 17, 2010 at 11:38 am

that’s the way we guys look at our b’days! most gals i know think b’days are a big deal…refreshing 2 see someone different πŸ™‚

anyways wish u a very very happy b’day πŸ˜€

January 17, 2010 at 3:10 pm

happy happy birthday to my dearest Psych. hope you have a wonderful life ahead filled with nothing but happiness…may all your dreams come true…and may you be as lovely forever as you are today!

Jessica
    January 17, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Happy, Happy! Have a wonderful year! πŸ™‚

Bikram
    January 17, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Hey first time here.. first of all Many happy return of the day .. belated ..

I just wanted to say I too feel it doesnot matter if another year comes and goes as long as you have good times .. good friends around .. Less of sadness and more of happiness is the mantra..

Nice blog…

Smita
    January 17, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Belated Birthday wishes!! I too remembered u were a capri but missed the finer details πŸ™‚ but hey thanks for your wishes!! Even mine went peaceful!! Saw 3 Idiots that day πŸ˜€

I guess birthday’s are special up to an age only beyond that it is just another day πŸ™‚

Rachana Shakyawar
    January 17, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Belated Happy Birthday PB!

Just another day for you yet a nostalgic one to remember.I wrote the the following post in my 26th birthday and thought to share with you on your 26th birthday.
    LINK:

May your dreams come true and may you celebrate and cherish each moment of you life :)Happy Birthday, PB!

Keep the spark Alive..

January 18, 2010 at 12:19 am

@ Jen: Thank you! πŸ™‚

@ Nu: Thank you! πŸ™‚

@ Bluntedges: Hmmm…actually yeah, most of my girlfriends dread their b’days…but then, they are all older than me. I think I stopped caring after turning 20…20 was a bit hard bcoz I was “no longer a teen”…but since then, I’ve not had any problems with my age! Thanks for the wishes!! πŸ™‚

@ Titaxy: Thank you love for the extremely lovely words!! πŸ™‚

@ Jessica: Thank you! πŸ™‚

@ Bikram: Welcome to my blog! Thank you for the kind wishes and the comment about the blog! πŸ™‚ And your words are so apt re having good friends and good times!! πŸ˜€ Keep visiting!

@ Smita: Thank you! πŸ™‚ Actually…no one knows the finer details bcoz I haven’t publicised them! Glad to hear your b’day was good too… πŸ™‚

@ Rachna: Thank you! πŸ™‚ Will check out your post…

G
    January 18, 2010 at 3:59 am

Belated birthday wishes PB! πŸ™‚

Both of us Capricorns eh! Interesting…

Shahid Mukadam
    January 18, 2010 at 5:14 am

Hey Belated Happy Birthday ……well my friends say that I am still 18 and got no maturity at all and I think its the opposite, there has been a lot of changes…the number of grey areas are reducing and my life ideals are more black and white than they were before…I am sure there will be more changes in you too…just that we fail to acknowledge it today

Shahid

Makk
    January 18, 2010 at 7:56 am

have a quality life ahead.

keep smiling!

January 18, 2010 at 8:01 am

@ G: Thank you! YEah we are both Capricorns…I’ve met a few on blogosphere…never knew anyone in real life tho!

@ Shahid: Thank you! πŸ™‚ And I’ll take note of your observations and let ppl know if I notice any changes πŸ™‚

Smitha
    January 18, 2010 at 11:53 am

πŸ™‚ You are young πŸ™‚

Belated wishes again πŸ™‚ Good to know that you had a good birthday πŸ™‚

evanescentthoughts
    January 18, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Happy bday PB!! Have a grt yr ahead πŸ™‚ Have fun!!!

LadyinRed
    January 19, 2010 at 3:26 am

Belated Happy Birthday, PB πŸ™‚

Reema
    January 20, 2010 at 10:56 am

belated happy birthday!! πŸ™‚

Footloose
    January 22, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Wow Kelly’s comment made total sense. Awesome theory, I’m going to share it at the next happy hour:)