Gratitude

Love from Blogging Buddies

I received a lovely surprise from some blogging mates I’ve made. All for my birthday.

It was so totally unexpected and was a beautiful surprise…and it left me overwhelmed!! Blue Mist, Chatterbox, Comfortablynam, G, Matt, Nu and Titaxy together wished me on a webpage they created: Happy Birthday Psych Babbler. Each of them, in their own creative ways (which by the way, I have grown to know through their personal blogs) have wished me. And they gave me a present that showed just how well they know me! Prior to getting to the webpage though, I had to solve a crossword puzzle and then use the initial letters of the solutions to deciphering the webpage.

And I am so touched.

It means all the more to me because I have remained anonymous…I haven’t disclosed my name or my birthdate or my pictures. And yet, they have all put in the time and effort to create this wonderful way of wishing me. All they know is that I’m a girl who is of Indian origin, living and working in Australia as a psychologist.

Or so I thought.

Through their posts whilst wishing me, I learnt that they do know a lot about me. Some of them know things about me close friends would know. And it doesn’t matter that they don’t know basic details like my name, DOB, address or what I look like. They know about my love for Gilly or wanting a bloke like him (who was mentioned more than once), for Australia, for reading, for Jodi Picoult books, for psychology, for cricket, for FRIENDS & Big Bang Theory and of course, for crosswords. I have been blogging publicly for a little over a year…and the aforementioned bloggers I have read only in the last year. Some only in the last few months.

It’s getting harder to describe exactly how I feel. Words are not enough. I would love to give each and every one of them a hug (and mind you, I’m not a big hugging-person unless I feel really close to someone) I do wish someday in the future, I get to meet these lovely ladies and the gentleman πŸ™‚ I know we all live on different continents (apart from CB)…but there is hope.

Blogging has been a wonderful journey for me. And it’s readers like these that keep me going. The reason I’ve stuck to blogging is because I feel understood. I feel heard. And I find that there’s other people who sometimes go through what I go through…and I don’t feel alone.Β  I feel like I can come home after a hard day at work and ‘talk’ to someone out there. I love the fact that I can have deep and meaningful discussions and debates on so many topics under the sun with all of you. Even if it is in writing.

So thank you…to Misty, Chatterbox, Comfy, G, Matt, Nu & Titaxy for making my birthday this year even more special….and to all my other readers and blogging buddies out there for ‘listening’ to me. It’s all of you who keep me going here. And I love having you all as part of my life. Because yes, as crazy as it may sound, I do think about all of you every now and then during the day when I’m offline. πŸ™‚

Thank you all for being part of my life. And for all the love πŸ™‚

BlueMist
    January 18, 2010 at 10:47 am

oh ho that was quick one. πŸ™‚ Happy birthday PB. Hope you had fantastic day and have fabulous year ahead. it was so much fun doing all this. Loved it πŸ™‚
    It was all worth since it made you glad. πŸ™‚
    now you can bake cake and take pics and fed us all virtually. LOL
    Cheers

January 18, 2010 at 10:59 am

@ BM: Hehe…yeah I started writing just after you and Tix left. And that’s a brilliant idea about baking a cake…it’d be even better if you all could come down here and share it in person. I promise I won’t give you food poisoning! πŸ˜€

G
    January 18, 2010 at 11:13 am

Hey! Thank you for the post. I was just telling Nu that when I found out that you have cracekd the code, I was super excited. As if it was my birthday and I was receiving a surprise! :):)

Nu
    January 18, 2010 at 11:19 am

Quick girl !! As expected though πŸ™‚ I’m glad that you liked the b’day presents and surprise πŸ™‚

We all wish you a happy life ahead πŸ™‚ and many more B’days to come πŸ™‚

January 18, 2010 at 11:20 am

@ G: Thank me for the post?! It’s nothing compared to what you guys did for me…all that effort! πŸ™‚ Glad that you were excited…I had a lot of fun doing it bcoz I love crosswords! πŸ˜€ Thanks so much again…

January 18, 2010 at 11:24 am

@ Nu: Thanks love! πŸ™‚ You are right about it being quick…I just had to write it immediately after checking out the webpage! Too many emotions and thoughts… πŸ™‚

Smitha
    January 18, 2010 at 11:51 am

Belated Birthday wishes! Blog friends are the best πŸ™‚

Another fellow capri πŸ™‚ Hope you had a great b’day and have a lovely year ahead!

BlueMist
    January 18, 2010 at 12:56 pm

oh btw am i first ? Where is Mr. Parker gone? * Evil Grin *

January 18, 2010 at 12:59 pm

PB, I had an exciting time last night bugging Matt every few mins asking him for updates…whether or not you started the cw puzzle, how far you were, if you were need any help, etc…poor soul put up with me πŸ˜€ and it was so exciting having to wait for you to get there.. :)…i’m so glad you enjoyed it πŸ™‚ Happy Birthday, Psych.

January 18, 2010 at 1:09 pm

@ Smitha: Thank you! And yes, they are the best! Are you a Capricorn as well?? Wow! Funny how many Capricorns I’ve ‘met’ since blogging when I know none IRL.

@ BM: Yes…you were first. Mr Parker had gone for lunch I think when I posted this up… πŸ˜›

@ Titaxy: Did you even sleep??? If I’m not wrong you probably just got 4-5 hrs of sleep. Lol at what you were doing to find out! Had I known, I would have worked on it harder! I really did enjoy it! Oh…and by the way, I sent the link to my sis and apparently my mum was in tears when she saw what you all had done! πŸ™‚

January 18, 2010 at 1:34 pm

yeah slept for 3 full hours πŸ˜› and now decided im too sleepy to go to work, so will work from home. fun times πŸ˜€

yay, glad your mom liked it…makes it even more special πŸ˜€

Smita
    January 18, 2010 at 1:48 pm

This is so touching, awesome and wow!!!

Seriously come to think of it people who sit next to us don’t remember our birthdays unless we give them treat or cake but when people who know you only virtually take so much effort in making your day then the feeling can not be expressed in words!!!

Aparna
    January 18, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Happy Birthday!
    I too have made wonderful friends through blogging and it is rather special to see so many friends wishing you well on your birthday.
    Have a great time, always.

crystaldewdrops
    January 18, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Hey Happy Birthday dear πŸ™‚ May God bless you with many more!!!!

And lucky you having such sweet frens!!

πŸ™‚
    God Bless!

Shahid Mukadam
    January 18, 2010 at 4:40 pm

just hope this new year in ur life will bring another big wave of happiness like it did on this birthday…

Shahid

Nu
    January 18, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Awww..tell aunt that we did enjoy doing it all very much πŸ™‚

Chatterbox
    January 18, 2010 at 8:38 pm

We all had a good fun drafting it all for you πŸ™‚

I was stuck at work yesterday while you were sent over the clues. Trust me all my mind was on when will you get to the surprise.

I was on an off jumping around the computer checking my mailbox for updates. Am glad you liked it all πŸ˜€

Belated Happy Birthday PB.

Wishing for you life’s every goodness today and forever.

Cheers!!

comfortablynam
    January 18, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Oh I am late to the party..and was missing in action yesterday when all of this was going down πŸ™

But am so glad you enjoyed yourself and can’t call this Birthday just another day. You have to remember this one now..don’t you. πŸ™‚

Have a wonderful 26 PB..

G
    January 19, 2010 at 3:37 am

YEs! I second what Comfy says. Hope the birthday wasnt just another day anymore. :):)
    And tell aunty (you mom) we are such nice people after all πŸ˜›

Staci
    January 19, 2010 at 4:32 am

Happy belated birthday! That sounded like a very cool present. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn’t be able to solve the crossword puzzle and would have to email one of them for the answers, that or I’d spend all day Googling the answers.

Makk
    January 19, 2010 at 5:31 am

Its gr8888 to know about some thing so nice.

Thank you guys for making her smile.

Keep it up.

Keep smiling.

by the way psych I wished a quality life and see Quality of your life has been bettering by many folds. Gr888888888888888888.

πŸ™‚

January 19, 2010 at 9:54 am

@ Titaxy: Nice you can choose to work from home if too tired…

@ Smita: It was very special. Can’t really say the same about people next to me though…bcoz my colleagues bought a cake for me. I feel so loved! πŸ™‚

@ Aparna: Welcome to my blog! And thanks for the wishes πŸ™‚ It’s nice to know the different ways we can all make friends now, eh? Despite my paranoia! πŸ˜›

@ Dew: Thank you πŸ™‚

@ Shahid: Thanks πŸ™‚

@ Nu: I did… πŸ™‚

@ CB: Thanks again! πŸ™‚ The effort you guys put in was amazing…

@ Comfy: Thank you again! πŸ™‚ Missed you around when it was going on but to be honest, I took my own sweet time…not realising some ppl were staying awake waiting for me to finish it all πŸ˜› And you are right…this year’s b’day was not just another day…

@ G: Yes, I agree…this year has been memorable! πŸ™‚ Haha…and I think my mum probably knows you are all very nice! πŸ˜€

@ Staci: Thank you! πŸ™‚ Oh I love crosswords…but had to google a couple of answers. It was a crossword prepared in a way that it was about my favourite things.

@ Makk: Thanks πŸ™‚ Hmm…since your wish for me came true, can I ask for another wish for me for the year?? πŸ˜›

Makk
    January 19, 2010 at 11:38 am

Psych….you turning greedy ….lollzzzz

dont worrry ..this first wish ..will keep itself up …whole ur life.

Matt
    January 19, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Where the heck was I when you posted this!

It was fun,I mean a whole “lotta” fun doing this,with Tixie saying “sorry” a gazillion times for asking updates per min πŸ˜› ,but honestly she did a wonderful job coordinating the whole thing.

Btw Misty wrote those wonderful lines at the beginning of the flash card.

This is a truly touching post PB,and you are welcome! πŸ˜€

And Remember Matt is a wonderful chap! πŸ˜›

blunt edges
    January 20, 2010 at 6:33 am

πŸ™‚ that’s sweet of them πŸ™‚

January 22, 2010 at 11:10 am

@ Makk: I knew I was pushing my luck… :p

@ Matt: I was sure you had visited when I put this up. We were still talking on twitter when I did. I loved the team effort you all put in! And great tech stuff….

@ Bluntedges: Yeah it certainly was… πŸ™‚

Footloose
    January 22, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Wow that’s so awesome! I’m so happy for you πŸ™‚ Renews your faith in the human species!

Reema
    January 25, 2010 at 6:11 am

You have such great blog buddies!!

PsychBabbler
    January 25, 2010 at 6:48 am

Yes…I’m so thankful!! πŸ™‚

January 26, 2010 at 10:43 am

It does too!! Good to see you can comment again! πŸ™‚