Life

And a week goes by….

Hmm…looks like a bad habit in the making. My last post was a week ago. So what’s been happening in the mean time, I hear you ask. I have been busy this week…not with work but with other activities.

My community college classes started this week so Tuesday night after work, I attended my Creative Writing class while on Thursday night it was Italian for beginners (the language, not the food). This will continue on for the next 7 weeks, then a two week holiday and then back again for another 8. Wednesday night I had peer supervision: a bunch of my psych friends and I meet up once a month to discuss a difficult case and just catch up at a restaurant. And on Friday night, I caught up with another friend. Also, apart from Monday night, I did not watch TV on any single day! And that’s a record of sorts because I tend to keep the TV on in the background even if there is nothing worth watching.

**********

I spoke to L on Sunday about the cleanliness issue (as a stepping stone to discussing the threesome issue). She apologised for not cleaning up the kitchen bench after making a mess and said it was “bad habits” but she would make sure she did it. Almost a week on, I see no change. What should I do??? This morning I was scrubbing the kitchen sink since there was leftover chocolate and flour from her baking experience early on in the week. She’d done the dishes but didn’t think of cleaning the sink. There was also a bit of peanut butter stuck on the kitchen bench from her morning brekky which I cleaned up. And if you were to drop a pasta shell or two on the kitchen floor, wouldn’t you just pick them up and throw it in the bin rather than wait for your flatmate to clean it when vacuuming the place? Am I asking too much? Seriously. Tell me if I am.

**********

T is still coming over as often. I am going to work up the nerve this week to tell her. But first I am going to tell my friends that I am telling her. Just in case. I don’t want something like this happening to me. I’m going to text a friend before I tell her and ask them to call me in 15-20 minutes to check up on me. I know I sound paranoid. But you can’t be too careful at times.

**********

Another thing that occurred about two or three weeks ago was this:

I received this postcard from Clarissa. Basically, Clarissa read another blog where mothers (from around the world) were exchanging postcards as a way of educating their kids. Clarissa got in on the act as well and asked on her blog re who would like to exchange postcards. I put my hand up for it even though we both live in Sydney. But she was kind enough to send me one she picked up in Western Australia. It was so cool to receive a postcard. I have received about 4 postcards in the past from friends who have gone travelling to Europe, Singapore and other states in Aus. Does anyone else enjoy giving and receiving postcards? Let me know.

**********

And finally, I started working at my actual location. The people seem nice but the team is a whole lot bigger than what I am used to and it scares me. I am trying to deal with some separation issues at the moment and I’m missing my colleagues from my previous jobs big time. I am also going through a lot of anxieties in my head. Blame it on the massive change. And mind you, not all the anxiety is work-related. I am worrying more about personal stuff and a bit about work. I know I will cope with the work front. I don’t know why I worry so much. I really need to consider therapy seriously. If only I can get over worrying about what the psychologist will think about me seeking therapy, that is. Sigh.

**********

And my lovely sister turned 21 last week. I still cannot believe it. To me, she’s still the young girl I left when I came here to Sydney. 21. Wow. Happy Birthday again, sis!!! =)

**********

Anyway, hope everyone has been well. I apologise for not commenting on most of the blogs I visit. Have generally been too tired and have just read the posts without commenting although not every day either. I will get back into it. There is no way I am leaving my blog buddies!!!

Hope you all have a good weekend!!

mahmudfaisal
    February 13, 2010 at 9:30 am

Happy Birthday to your sis!!! =) my sisters bday was 3 days ago… how fast the days goes on!!

February 13, 2010 at 11:39 am

Hugs Nu! Work is not keeping me away from commenting…it’s the extra after work things I have been doing this week. From next week, I’ll still have Mondays, Wednesdays and most Fridays to blog and read blogs. I hope. How is your job coming along??

February 13, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Wow Matt! Back with a bang…haven’t seen you on my blog in a while. Come stai??

Oh I finished X-files before I started my new job! =) TV is crap anyway except for Mondays with BBT, Two and a half men and Good News Week all on.

She apologised. But actions speak louder than words mate. And her actions don’t. And she moved out of home at 18 (she’s 24 now) so mummy hasn’t been cleaning up after her. More likely ex-boyfriend was. And if anyone leaves this place, it’s her not me. It’s my name up here not hers.

Hehe…thanks for the motivating words!

I will wish my sis and tell her that Matt wished her…she’ll be thrilled. =P

I noticed your blog was on hiatus. When’s it coming back on???

And you can comment as long as you want! Happy to see you here and talk to you….

Take care Matty!!! =D

February 13, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Yeah, been there since the end of last month. And that’s a PJ if I’ve ever heard one…. =P

February 13, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Hehe Kelly…I love your suggestions!!! I just wish I had the balls to carry them out! =P It was hard enough just speaking to her about cleaning it. I am thinking of just saying see ya….I don’t think it’s working out.

And thanks for the encouraging comment about work….I sure hope so!

Enjoy your weekend!

February 13, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Thanks Mahmud….will let her know….hope your sis has a lovely day!

Sonu
    February 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Thank you so much big sis…for the wishes and your lovely card that I received today!!! And thank you Nu, Matt and Mahmud for the birthday wishes :)…and yes I’m absolutely thrilled that MATT wished me for my b’day ;P.

February 13, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Glad you finally received the card and that it wasn’t long after the b’day…. =)

February 13, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Glad you finally received the card and that it wasn’t long after the b’day…. =)

February 14, 2010 at 4:08 am

Happy Birthday to your sis, PB πŸ™‚ Many many best wishes to her.

Glad to know that you are settling well in your new job. I’m sure you will do awesome, as always πŸ™‚

Good that your classes have started. I’m planning to sign up for a couple courses myself (haven’t decided which ones) so that the evenings are spent in a more useful way :).

Roomie situation not getting any better, eh? Oh well, can’t do much other than keep telling her about it until she gets the point. Good luck with that.

Postcards – never received any. sigh.

Take care. Hugs!

February 14, 2010 at 9:14 am

Thanks T! Let us know what courses you end up doing. Looking forward to hearing how you go. Sigh…roomie situation is really getting to me. I think I’m going to bite the bullet and talk to her. Would you like to receive a postcard? Email me if so and I can send you one from Down Under! =) Take care…

makkdisct
    February 15, 2010 at 8:56 am

πŸ™‚

You used to make me smile psych though it seems you are loosing yours.

Give your a peck..with smile of course your side and say wishes from mine.
    not a bad idea na??

Keep Cheering girl.

ItsNu
    February 15, 2010 at 10:29 am

New job is coming along well πŸ™‚ So far so good πŸ™‚ And hey I was first in commenting πŸ™‚ YAY…catching up with T and Matt πŸ˜‰

ItsNu
    February 15, 2010 at 10:30 am

Matt πŸ™‚ I was first to comment πŸ™‚

February 19, 2010 at 9:40 am

Yeah…no smiles from here at the moment…hopefully, will get there soon….

February 19, 2010 at 9:41 am

That’s good to hear Nu! And yes, you are doing great on my blog… πŸ™‚

February 19, 2010 at 9:41 am

Lol! Matt doesn’t visit me often… πŸ™

ani_aset
    February 20, 2010 at 5:01 am

hey PB your roomie needs to be taught good habits now..how about giving it back to her start dropping peanut butter on her bed for start

Matthew Parker
    September 16, 2010 at 2:04 am

Also just noticed this 30by30 on the sidebar ..been there since long ? Anyway good ones ! Hope you achieve them before you turn 25 !

Oh yeah ..time lapsed ! But hey you can also try to achieve them before 30 ! πŸ˜›

ItsNu
    September 16, 2010 at 2:04 am

Glad to know that you are settling down in the work..sad to know that T and L are still annoying πŸ™ Glad to know that sis turned 21 πŸ™‚ Happy B’day sistah ! Sad to know that work is making you tired so much that so you are unable to comment πŸ™ Glad to know that you are reading us and you intend to not leave your blog buddies πŸ˜‰

HUGS Darl !

kellyansapansa
    September 16, 2010 at 2:04 am

Wow, you have been busy! Sounds like your flatmate needs a stronger message. Can you tell her that if she can’t clean up after herself she will need to arrange for a cleaner to do her share of the cleaning, or your going to put her rent up to compensate for you doing her share? Maybe that will get the message through.

As for work, hang in there and before you know it, the scary numbers of strangers will convert to people you know, then colleagues and maybe even friends.

Have a great weekend!

Matthew Parker
    September 16, 2010 at 2:05 am

Ciao !
    Non parlo l’italiano,but hey Buona sera πŸ™‚

No X-files for a week ? Really ? You ?

Hey you told her ! And she apologized,at least that is a start πŸ™‚ Give her time … but hey ..this is coming from a person whose mom cleans up the mess in the kitchen πŸ˜›

Ha I just hovered over the link and saw the title and man I couldn’t stop laughing…you are taking things seriously . But hey if you are not comfortable you do something,either ask them to vacate or you move out to a better place…

Hmmm…postcards …. mom used to get them a lot,years back and then came e-greetings ,but now a days since you can send via post using online payment and personalized messages..again the buzz has started..

Hey..you’ll be fine ,you have proved that in the past…again,you do know that you are wonderful,don’t you ? πŸ˜›

Wishing your sis a wonderful new year of her life and belated birthday wishes … And you have to wish her on my behalf ok ? Not the common courtesy ..tell her, Matt wished her a happy birthday..she’ll know what it means πŸ˜›

Since you went on a break,I closed down my blog protesting your absence ! πŸ˜›

Have a good weekend !

Hey you must be thinking WTF,”this chap has used up my entire comment space”! I really don’t care ! I am happy to talk to you ! πŸ™‚

Cheers !