Feminism Fodder

Bingled-up Bungle

The papers, the telly, the radio have all been rife with news about Michael Clarke and Lara Bingle over the past week. So yes, I’m late to the party. But I’m not here to talk about their break-up [Apart from maybe dwelling on it a teeny bit at the end!]

It all started with the pictures. The nude pictures of Lara Bingle. Allegedly sent by an ex-partner, AFL player Brendan Fevola to other players.

Now I have never liked Bingle. Blame it on my views about her being a bimbo (my own biased views, I will admit) and therefore not thinking highly about her. Plus added to that, she seemed to be one of the causes for a rift between the cricketers with Clarkey in the limelight for reasons other than cricket. But despite all that, I am surprised at the way people have responded to the news that she wants to sue Fevola.

For those that haven’t seen the pictures, it’s of Lara Bingle in the shower and she is clearly not happy with the pic being taken.

There have been people talking about how she deserved it given that she was having an affair with Fevola back then (not sure if he was married or had a partner). I don’t condone cheating on one’s partner. But since when did that make it okay for the other partner to sexually harrass them??? Or send nude pictures of them to their mates? Mind you, it’s not just men saying this…women seem to think the same. There have been callers on talkback radio and readers posting comments on the news sites with comments akin to this. And it just disgusts me.

Not because I like Bingle. But because she did not ask for her nude pictures to be splashed around without her permission across Australia.

Times like these I do believe that we women are our own worst enemies.

I hope she doesn’t cave in to the pressure and not sue Fevola. Because if he did pass around those pictures, he deserves to pay the price.

On the whole break-up front, I would like to add that it’s a relief for a fan of cricket. Clarkey is a promising player but ever since he’s been with Bingle, there’s more about their personal life than his cricket that makes the news. And I for one am sick of it. Let’s hope he gets back on board with his game. And maybe, just maybe this shows that cricketers need the stable, relatively unknown partner. I feel for Clarkey. Break ups suck. But one in the public eye must be a zillion times worse.

Leave the models and third rate celebs to the footy players. Those guys are messed up anyway and get publicity like this all the time.

shreya
    March 24, 2010 at 2:23 am

i am smiling for reasons unknown/too many 😀

okay, i dont know how to react. you know how i HATE that woman.

plus, i have already seen nude pictures of that woman floating around online, so i wonder why this picture is creating so much of a issue for her. i fail to understand.

March 24, 2010 at 2:25 am

Lol…I was smiling too after hearing of their break up =) I don’t particularly like her either. But…despite all that, I think the reason she was upset was because this pic was taken without her permission unlike the other nude pics.

ItsNu
    March 24, 2010 at 2:25 am

Hmm.. honestly nothing much to say 😛

March 24, 2010 at 2:25 am

No worries…you don’t have to… 🙂

March 24, 2010 at 3:06 am

don’t know who the people are, or what the issue is (other than what I’ve read here)…but I agree to the point that the ex-guy had no right to share nude photos of her. That’s just not cool.

harini
    March 24, 2010 at 3:42 am

Hmmm… I like Mitch nd his partner rather than Micheal and Lara. I hated that he was so much in news. Cricketers generally are in use for their abilities and records not for partners. We hardly hear about Sachin’s wife or another’s. I am not anything about the break. If that has caused heart ache for them both then it cant be a good thing.

Epskee
    March 24, 2010 at 7:03 am

Eugh. Lara Bingle – Australia’s own Paris Hilton. (Possibly trashier though not sure if that’s possible)

Fevola is married. And more to blame than “the other woman” for the affair. He took vows, Bingle didn’t. Although that hardly justifies her actions either. I HATE how women will often vilify the other woman more than the cheating man. FFS we are our own worst enemies

Regardless of the morality of their relationship, Bingle does not deserve these photos being displayed without her consent. Its wrong, wrong wrong and Fevola has MUCH to answer for IMHO.

Mind you, I will be rather glad when this whole thing blows over. It has received far too much coverage, and Bingle isnt even newsworthy without the scandal, so why the hell are we still hearing about it?

Channel 7’s Sunrise the other morning called the split “a tragedy” and “devestating”. WHAT??? To Bingle and Clarke maybe, but not to the rest of us, surely?

Someone put that woman back on that island to cry “where the bloody hell are ya?”. The answer, Ms Bingle, is off living our own lives, with absolutely no concern over what you are doing with yours!

bookslifenmore
    March 24, 2010 at 7:58 am

This was roman to me 😀

ani_aset
    March 24, 2010 at 3:17 pm

i know whats the problem..she was not given enough opportunity to finish her make up

March 25, 2010 at 5:02 am

Michael Clarke is a cricketer. Bingle is a third-rate model. Fevola an Aussie rules player. Don’t worry…not imp! 😛

March 25, 2010 at 5:02 am

Yea…not a fan of Mitch’s partner either. I really like Clarkey but my adoration for him dipped once he started dating Bingle…dunno but maybe her having a bimbo had something to do with it!

March 25, 2010 at 8:49 am

I agree that Fevola is more to blame for the affair given that he was the one in a committed relationship. But yeah, cannot stand Bingle. And Channel 7 actually said the end of their relationship was a tragedy and devastating??? What planet are they living on? I guess one where there’s no poverty or murders or crime or natural disasters….I hate how the media sensationalise things!!!

March 25, 2010 at 8:49 am