Humour

Fabulous role model…

I came across this article in the Sydney Morning Herald today about British Equalities Minister Lynne Featherstone touting Christina Hendricks, a curvy UK actress as being a fabulous physical role model for girls and women. Apparently, the size 14 actress has been asked to slim down but refuses to do so. I have never heard of this actress.

But when I looked at her photo, while she is a little curvier that your average telly personality, she really doesn’t make me feel better about my body. This is her:

One look at her assets and I feel so inadequate with my teeny ones!!!! πŸ˜› [Although I probably don’t suffer from the back pain that she does]

Jokes aside, I guess good on her for refusing to slim down. But with boobs like that, do tell me, how is she a good role model for women with an A or B cup??? And by the way, I reckon the size 14 is to fit those boobs in. Not the rest of her. The rest of her is probably a 10.

Miss Smack
    July 26, 2010 at 10:57 am

Holy mackeral! Those boobs are NOT a size 14. I would suggest they are DOUBLE D, if not bigger! She has great hair against that complexion though… πŸ™‚

July 26, 2010 at 11:02 am

They are not 14? I can’t tell. πŸ˜› I did think though that it was bigger than a D-cup. I think she does seem a good role model…apart from her boobs! πŸ˜›

ItsNu
    July 26, 2010 at 2:10 pm

hahahah what a topic of discussion πŸ˜‰

hey but I liked the honey toned hair…lovely !

Of course I would never take her as my role model…..no way ! πŸ™‚

Magali
    July 26, 2010 at 3:25 pm

If you feel inadequate, imagine what I feel. No seriously, do that. Mine are next to nothing. Lol.
    But I do agree with what you said.

July 26, 2010 at 4:47 pm

LOL… πŸ˜€

Pyjamamel
    July 26, 2010 at 8:55 pm

You should check her out. She plays Joan Hollaway in the series Mad Men:
    She is absolutely at least a size 14 on the bottom half and wonderful with it…
    I think you would enjoy the series and a lot of the themes raised it in and by it.

Liggy
    July 27, 2010 at 1:26 am

I don’t think I’d be too happy carrying so much weight on my chest – physically and metaphorically speaking!

In regards to the actress, I give her kudos for being content not to bow down to the pressure of losing weight. But did they have to pick someone who’s especially bigger in that particular region of the body? Hmmm…

gunjaaish
    July 27, 2010 at 3:57 am

LOL PB. I laughed while reading this post, went away and came back to read it again and laugh some more. πŸ˜€ Esp the last line, the size 14 is to fit those boobs in. Lol!

So the minister ended up giving serious inferiority complex to teenagers with normal assets!

Trina
    July 27, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Great post! LOL She really is beautiful, I would guess she’s been told to get a top reduction of she wants her career to grow.
    –Trina

July 28, 2010 at 9:41 am

Hehe…I know…very random but I couldn’t resist after taking a look at her boobs! πŸ˜›

July 28, 2010 at 10:11 am

Lol…ok…point noted!

July 28, 2010 at 10:11 am

=D

July 28, 2010 at 10:13 am

I’ll check out the series…but you know what Mel, I saw a pic of hers in a dress and her hips look smaller than mine…and I’m a size 10 on the bottom half of my body! I still admire her by the way for not wanting to lose weight…but I just wanted to put it out there given her big boobs πŸ˜›

July 28, 2010 at 10:14 am

True!! I’d much rather have my small ones…saves us the back pain! But yeah, I agree…they could have picked someone who has curves and yet not have exceptionally large boobs…

July 28, 2010 at 10:15 am

Hehe…exactly! And whilst most teens want to be skinny…they also want big boobs because they think that’s another thing that men want…

And glad I was able to make you laugh G! πŸ™‚

July 28, 2010 at 10:20 am

She is quite pretty…you reckon she would have asked to have a top reduction? I doubt it given that boobs sell…

Celestialrays
    July 28, 2010 at 10:56 am

Somebody over here(pardon my lack of general knowledge) has started off with a trend of rejecting models in their fashion show who are a size zero. (UK)Size 12-14 is considered average here in the UK πŸ™‚

Now, she has got quite a ‘head-turner’ there πŸ˜›

July 28, 2010 at 12:22 pm

That’s a good move…the whole banning the size zero. I’m all for it! πŸ™‚ Here in Aus too, size 14 is the average. And yes, she does turn heads, doesn’t she?! πŸ˜›

Richa
    July 28, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Oh well, she is a role model for those who have a bigger cup size and have been told all her life that she is fat (yours truly falls in that category), while people stare right there while telling that. I want to smack them. People like us should also have a role model…

August 1, 2010 at 10:27 am

Haha…ok…point noted. But I still don’t feel good about my body. She’s an hourglass figure. We need some pear role-models.