Healthy Living

I have bitten the bullet…

…and joined a gym!

Yes, finally after all these years I decided to take the plunge and found a decent one near my place. It fits with my budget provided I cut back on some other unwanted stuff. I decided to go ahead with it because there is nothing else that motivates me to work out and lose weight as well as something that helps with my mood. Especially given that it’s winter now and the urge to step out of the house is next to zilch unless I’m paying for something.

So yes, starting next week [after the long weekend] I hit the gym! From Wednesday.

bookslifenmore
    April 18, 2011 at 9:48 am

oh wow!!! Good luck!!! Go regularly and if u miss one day then don’t allow yourself to skip more!!!

April 18, 2011 at 9:52 am

Hey Smita…the plan is to go 5 days a week! Fingers crossed I’ll stick to
    it…

April 18, 2011 at 2:31 pm

oh good. i joined a gym an year ago thinking that i would go since i would be paying. but i went for a few months and then laziness hit and i stopped 🙁 so i quit the gym a month ago 😛 don’t want to be paying for something i dont use 🙂

April 18, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I fear that might happen but the gym I’ve joined apparently calls you if you
    haven’t attended for 3 weeks to find out how things are going and to help
    motivate you. So fingers crossed I don’t get hit by the laziness bug! 😛

Jake
    April 19, 2011 at 7:57 am

NICE !!! … make sure you do what I did .. lift the heaviest weight you can on the first day and feel paralysed on the next …

On a more serious note …good luck, its worth it when I am thankful I started going… you’ll know what I mean in a few months

Corinne Rodrigues
    April 19, 2011 at 8:48 am

Good luck with that! Hope you enjoy it! 🙂

Bikram
    April 19, 2011 at 4:38 pm

all the best for that .. and dont give up the first few days will be hard but once you make through the first week you will love it …

Bikram’s

Nitya
    April 19, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Good for you! I’m trying to do a 4-times a week workout routine too. Now if only I could also be good about my eating.

April 20, 2011 at 3:12 am

Thanks Jake…I used to go to the gym back in India and then for a year when
    I came to Aus. Loved it back then but had to stop because of uni and
    finances…so now, hoping to make the most of it.

April 20, 2011 at 3:12 am

Thanks Corinne!

April 20, 2011 at 3:48 am

Thanks Bikram…I think I have to make it through the first few months and
    if I notice muscles and weight loss, then I’ll be more motivated! 🙂

April 20, 2011 at 3:49 am

Thanks Nitya! I’m going to try 5 days (I know…possibly ambitious!) and
    yeah, eating properly will be the next step! At least you are doing one
    thing right…I was going through a stage of not doing either!

Magali
    April 20, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Yay! Congrats 🙂 I’ve always wanted to join one to gain muscle & stamina. Even run a half marathon someday. God only knows when I will get down to it. But I’m super glad you did. And you totally have to strike it off your 30 by 30 list! 🙂

Little Finger
    April 20, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Hi Psych Babbler, first time here, and nice to see that you started GYM. Keep posting update so that people like me is motivated and reminded. I was very punctual with my schedule during early winter, but later I was very lazy and now I have tough time getting back my schedules. I started with BMI 27.5 and now at 21.7. I wish I could reach my target soon..this is what I have written in my blog.. http://weourlife.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/weight-tracking/

April 21, 2011 at 12:28 am

🙂 I used to go the gym back in Bombay the year before I came to Sydney…it
    was great! Highly recommend it! And yes, I have to strike it off my list…
    🙂

April 21, 2011 at 12:29 am

Welcome here Little Finger! Best wishes to you in reaching your target
    BMI…I totally know what you mean in terms of being motivated via
    blogosphere… 🙂 Will pop over to your blog!