Life

Surprise, Surprise

Well, I didn’t think I’d be able to post today. Because, you see, I was so sure the world would have ended yesterday at 1800 hours.

I was worried about not having said good-bye to bloggers all over. I had even gotten over my fear of flying in ten days’ time because I figured being a heathen and all, I’d be long gone before flying.

But turns out, the world hasn’t ended after all. Who would have thunk it? Crazy religious fanatics getting the end of the world wrong?? No way! Then again, I bet they will now claim they made a deal with Jesus and saved us all. Yeah. ‘Coz we need saving you see.

Anyway, moving on from crazy people, how have you all been?

I’ve been so busy it’s not funny. Going on leave means you seem to have extra work to do. I leave in 9 days and before that I have clients to see, plans to make, reports to complete and shopping to do. All while still working for 8 hours, travelling to and from work for two and going to the gym.

Yes, my life is a blur at the moment.

Meanwhile, I’m also worrying about flying. I know I was worried the last time too but hearing about recent Qantas engine problems doesn’t help to quell the anxiety. I’m going to be praying real hard over the next few weeks until I land on hard ground safely both ways. And yes, I know the statistics say that you are more likely to die in a car crash than in a plane crash but still.

So what else is up with all of you out there?

How did you spend the day the world was going to end? [I spent it gymming, working and catching up with my good friend, C]

bikram
    May 22, 2011 at 10:06 am

dont tell me you beleive all that 🙂

and dont worry about the engine… it will be fine .. oif still worried havea few vodkas and down them .. you wont even know when it all goes away he he he he:)

take care

May 22, 2011 at 10:13 am

Oh Bikram…I was hoping the sarcasm came through the post! Apparently not.
    😛 No, I don’t believe that bullcrap…I found it hilarious to be honest. I
    am planning to have alcohol to calm the nerves but I don’t want to have too
    much in case of an emergency and I need a clear head!

Jake George
    May 22, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if they said god faxed over an updated version
    of the bible along with an updated pic of Jesus cuz they are the “chosen people”. That’s how it works isn’t it, god created all men equal but he love’s “his people” more. The rest of us are scum and deserve to burn in hell.
    The most important message of Christ was to NOT help people who are less fortunate than yourself,  but build statues of him, paint heaven on the walls of churches and elect popes who will stand around in pointy white hats
    and wave to people from balconies , drinking wine out of gold cups and hold on to immense amounts of wealth. Don’t worry about the poor people in Africa,
    god will save them, they should not use contraception, god will look after their kids.

I think I should stop before I lose it, I always do when I go off on a rant on religion. On a lighter note .. 🙂 you’ll be fine , although you might wanna read up on how to deploy a parachute 😀 …

DustbinCricket
    May 22, 2011 at 4:32 pm

The world was not allowed to end for then our IPL suffering would be cut short. The evil gods of cricket intervened and are forcing us to suffer further … when will it be over??

May 22, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Lol your religious rant sounds similar to mine when I watch stuff about all
    the religious nutters on telly. I get on my soapbox for sure then! Somewhere
    along the line whatever god’s message was got lost in translation thanks to
    some “chosen few” who thought they were right. And I mean this for all
    religions. Sigh. And re deploying a parachute…I listen so damn carefully
    to instructions at the start of a flight now…but yeah, still
    nerve-wracking. Wish I could carry a parachute but knowing the paranoia that
    continues to exist, I could be detained for carrying a bomb or something. 😛

May 22, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Of course…the ever-powerful BCCI…how could I forget? They apparently
    have enough money to bribe the gods to not end the world! 😛

Jake George
    May 23, 2011 at 4:31 am

🙂 …sometimes when I start off and if my sis is with me she tells me to stop before someone takes the soapbox i’m on beat me with it. But then I keep telling her the world is full of idiots who are willing to kill and commit atrocities for a ticket to heaven…someone ought to point it out to them.

Naaah…don’t worry about the chute, like i said .. you and I are scum 🙂 …god wouldn’t want us anyway..we still have plenty of time left 😛

Reema
    May 24, 2011 at 9:40 am

I didnt even know about it!

May 25, 2011 at 12:00 am

Lol at what your sis says… 🙂

May 25, 2011 at 12:01 am

Hehe…I think there were quite a few people that didn’t…