Life

Busy Buzzing Bee

It’s almost a year since I started to work at my current job. And the last two months or so since I got back from holidays have been crazy busy!

But you know what?

I’m loving it! Every. Single. Moment.

Currently, I am going through a spate of clients who actually are motivated and continue to attend weekly or fortnightly appointments as required. Given that we are a free service, it is not uncommon to have cancellations or people just failing to show up. But that has been minimal lately.

Most importantly, I have a load of interesting cases of young people with anxiety disorders (I feel a sense of affinity towards these ones…), depressive disorders, trauma, self-harm, chronic pain and the odd behaviour problems. And what that means is that I am learning heaps!

I am also lucky that most people at work are lovely. Makes it an added bonus. If there was a drawback it probably is the travel time. 40 minutes drive each way on a good day. And if there is traffic, I can expect to be in my car for about 50 minutes to an hour or more. There’s Sydney traffic for you…even when you work in the suburbs!

There is still the odd family or young person I get frustrated with. And of course, it can be quite difficult finding time to see clients and follow up on phone calls and do school visits and the like. But hey…I am human.

I feel like I’ve been at this job forever. And yet, there are days I am surprised it’ll be a year next week. Does that even make sense?

So how has work been for you?

Prats
    September 6, 2011 at 9:30 am

Congratulations on completing a year. There is nothing more satisfying than doing something you are actually enjoying 🙂

Prats
    September 6, 2011 at 9:30 am

September 6, 2011 at 10:44 am

Thanks Prats! I agree…it is very satisfying! 🙂

September 6, 2011 at 10:44 am

Thanks Prats! I agree…it is very satisfying! 🙂

Aathira Nair
    September 6, 2011 at 11:22 am

Great going! Congratulations on completing a year 🙂
    My job… well its a 24/ 7 one looking after a 4 month old !

Aathira Nair
    September 6, 2011 at 11:22 am

Great going! Congratulations on completing a year 🙂
    My job… well its a 24/ 7 one looking after a 4 month old !

Prajakta Pradhan
    September 6, 2011 at 1:13 pm

It’s been fantastic for me. Have been in the current job for around 21 months now. I have learnt so much, met so many different people (including my hubby, whom I met in this job.) I have been promoted, and love the challenging work that I am doing right now. Going ahead, more work that will help me grow as an individual, as well as a team person is coming up. I am looking forward to that.

Congrats for completing an year! Have fun at work! Learn loads! Take care.

Prajakta Pradhan
    September 6, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Congrats for completing an year! Have fun at work! Learn loads! Take care.

Prajakta Pradhan
    September 6, 2011 at 1:17 pm

It’s been fantastic for me in my job. I have been working in the current job for 21 months now. I have met so many different people, including my hubby (whom I met in this job.) I have learnt so much. I have had an opportunity to grow by doing challenging tasks, handling things on my own, and adding valuable inputs for all kinds of work. With managers and leads that appreciate my work, I am looking forward to challenging tasks coming up soon.

Congrats to you for completing an year! Good Luck for all future endeavours.

Prajakta Pradhan
    September 6, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Congrats to you for completing an year! Good Luck for all future endeavours.

Bikram
    September 6, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Well done .. and nothing beats the feeling of enjoying while working and enjoying the job..

I have worked for 10+ years now  for the same company….
    Bikram’s

Bikram
    September 6, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I have worked for 10+ years now  for the same company….
    Bikram’s

September 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Congratulations on completing a year, PB! Feels like just a while ago that you started this job…time flies!

September 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm

September 7, 2011 at 6:28 am

Ah Aathira…your job is definitely way tougher than mine! 🙂 Thanks for the good wishes… 🙂

September 7, 2011 at 6:28 am

September 7, 2011 at 6:48 am

Nice that you met your husband through your job Prajakta…and congrats on being promoted! Challenging work is always good, isn’t it because I think it helps us grow! Good luck with all you do and thanks for the bets wishes…

September 7, 2011 at 6:48 am

September 7, 2011 at 6:49 am

Wow…10+ years! I hope I last that long…travelling to work might decide that for me. Takes me about an hour each way…and yes, enjoying the work is essential to keep going!

September 7, 2011 at 6:49 am

September 7, 2011 at 6:50 am

Thanks T! It does feels like I was talking about starting this job only recently…time really does fly! Before you know it we will be talking of retiring! 😛

September 7, 2011 at 6:50 am

maddie
    September 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Congrats PB on completing a year!! Your post only reminded me of how much I miss work. Sitting at home and looking after my kid is satisfactory enough but then I miss being productive and actually doing something tangible. Some day…

I know the feeling, deadlines, pressure and the way it takes you on a high literally 🙂 I wish I could trade lives with you, being independent, working, living on your own in a  fab city!

maddie
    September 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Scribby
    September 8, 2011 at 7:42 pm

work satisfaction: the best to happen 🙂

congratulations and keep it up 🙂 good luck

Scribby
    September 8, 2011 at 7:42 pm

work satisfaction: the best to happen 🙂

congratulations and keep it up 🙂 good luck

September 8, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Thanks Scribby for the best wishes… 🙂 Work satisfaction makes even the most challenging day bearable…

September 8, 2011 at 8:18 pm

September 8, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Aw thanks Maddie! I think if and when I do have a kid, I’ll still need to work because I could go stir crazy and the downside of that for me is possible depression.I understand working hours will need to change but I wouldn’t be able to give up work completely. Hopefully, someday soon you will be able to get back to it! Take care…

September 8, 2011 at 8:20 pm