Kitty Kapers

Kitty Moments…

Who would have thought that I — a person who pretty much loathed cats until 5 years ago — would be writing a gushing post about cats!

But people change. And the last few days with Pebbles have been so much fun! Here are just a few reasons why…

…she runs around like a manic kitty shooting from one room to the next exploring.

…and then sleeps a couple of hours later after tiring herself out.

…she attacks any moving piece of string as if it were prey.

…she loves sleeping in bed with me.

…she loves sleeping on or next to me.

…she had some separation anxiety for a few days. She’d meow if no one was in the room with her. And she’d make sure she slept close to someone so if we got up she’d wake up immediately and follow us.

…she comes up to me for a kiss in the morning and when I’m back from work. I kid you not.

…she learnt how to jump on the couch and the bed in a matter of two days.

…she loves playing with fingers and feet…and if you’re not careful, can start attacking them.

…she hides and when you say “Where’s Pebbles?” she jumps out.

…she loves anything that’s hanging and moving. And unfortunately, that involves a lot of electrical cords around the house.

…she doesn’t like me paying attention to books or the computer if she’s awake and she’ll sit on the keyboard or the book.

…she is oh-so-cute when asleep. The manner in which she tosses and turns and stretches. Makes you want to watch her the whole time.

I’m so glad I got her. I must admit I have had a lot of anxiety and guilt leaving her at home and going to work. Guess this is what it feels like when parents go back to work. I’ll leave you all with a photo of Pebbles. [again!]

By the way, I promise that all my posts henceforth are not going to be just gushy posts about Pebbles.

Sunaynna
    September 21, 2011 at 11:26 am

Okay I’m officially jealous!!!! She sounds so amazing. I wanna meet her : (. Glad you finally got a pet though. After listening to years and years of Mum telling us ” You can get a pet when you have your own house”, you’ve finally done it. Yay!!!ย
    P.S. Plz give Pebbles a big hug from me ๐Ÿ˜€ย

Sunaynna
    September 21, 2011 at 11:26 am

P.S. Plz give Pebbles a big hug from me ๐Ÿ˜€ย

bookslifenmore
    September 21, 2011 at 11:29 am

She really does peep out when u say that? how cute is that!!! And see how proud u are ๐Ÿ™‚
    Enjoy the moments ๐Ÿ™‚

bookslifenmore
    September 21, 2011 at 11:29 am

Enjoy the moments ๐Ÿ™‚

maddie
    September 21, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Wow! What a mushy post! ๐Ÿ™‚ Multiply these feelings by 100 and you’ll know how it feels when you have your child ๐Ÿ™‚

maddie
    September 21, 2011 at 1:30 pm

September 21, 2011 at 2:13 pm

you are smitten ๐Ÿ˜›

September 21, 2011 at 2:13 pm

you are smitten ๐Ÿ˜›

Priyanka Victor
    September 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Oh COME ON :'( Don’t do this to me!!

She’s so damn cute, she makes me wanna go all smoosycoochiepooeygooeywooo.. who’sthe eenymeenykittydarling, who’sthe darling.. erm.. you get the point.

Priyanka Victor
    September 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Oh COME ON :'( Don’t do this to me!!

Ambi
    September 21, 2011 at 6:35 pm

She is real cute….I have always wanted a pet…but when I am at work, I don’t want it to be left behind alone at home..How do u manage? Do you have someone to take care of her or do they have day careย centresย for pets ๐Ÿ™‚

Ambi
    September 21, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Nitya
    September 21, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Dude !! Sooooo adorable! Congrats!

Nitya
    September 21, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Dude !! Sooooo adorable! Congrats!

Deepthi
    September 22, 2011 at 4:18 am

Hehe :D…Soo cute ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ u seem to be having fun with her…its not being gushy, i guess everyone feels the same way about ย pets :)..

Deepthi
    September 22, 2011 at 4:18 am

Prathama Raghavan
    September 22, 2011 at 7:02 am

I didn’t like cats much either, I was almost phobic because of a bad childhood experience. Though I love animals in general. I had to live with a friend who had a cat for a couple of weeks and we (the cat and I) fell so in love with each other.

I am planning to get cats too… looking for some to adopt. They are so much more apartment friendly than dogs.

Loving the pictures, she is the cutest!

Prathama Raghavan
    September 22, 2011 at 7:02 am

Loving the pictures, she is the cutest!

September 22, 2011 at 9:16 am

๐Ÿ™‚ Didn’t mean to make you jealous! But yes, after all those years of begging, it’s great to finally have one! And once you leave, you could get one too!! ๐Ÿ˜€

September 22, 2011 at 9:16 am

September 22, 2011 at 9:24 am

Yeah she does Smita! Surprised me too… ๐Ÿ™‚ But it’s so damn cute… ๐Ÿ˜€

September 22, 2011 at 9:24 am

Yeah she does Smita! Surprised me too… ๐Ÿ™‚ But it’s so damn cute… ๐Ÿ˜€

September 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

Hehe Maddie…I’m pretty sure you’re right re the feelings when it comes to one’s own biological kids. That will have to wait for now… ๐Ÿ™‚

September 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

September 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

Yep T…totally smitten! ๐Ÿ˜€

September 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

Yep T…totally smitten! ๐Ÿ˜€

September 22, 2011 at 9:41 am

Aw sorry PV! I know what you mean…I find that I speak baby-speak to her occasionally! ๐Ÿ˜›

September 22, 2011 at 9:41 am

Bikram
    September 22, 2011 at 9:45 am

she is cute ๐Ÿ™‚

Bikram’s

Bikram
    September 22, 2011 at 9:45 am

she is cute ๐Ÿ™‚

Bikram’s

September 22, 2011 at 10:00 am

Welcome here Ambi! Cats are able to be left alone more so than dogs as they tend to do their own thing. They also don’t gulp down their entire food in one go preferring to snack so as long as their food and water bowl has what’s required, they are fine during the day. And finally, as they have a litter box which they use on their own, they don’t have to be taken out for the toilet. So yea, no day cares…but she’s left at home!

September 22, 2011 at 10:00 am

September 22, 2011 at 11:08 am

Thanks Nitya…who would have thought it? Me getting a cat and gushing about it! ๐Ÿ˜›

September 22, 2011 at 11:08 am

September 22, 2011 at 11:19 am

๐Ÿ™‚ Deepthi…I find that I am thinking about her at work when I’m not seeing clients…wondering what she’s up to and stuff! I’m totally sucked in…

September 22, 2011 at 11:19 am

September 22, 2011 at 11:22 am

Prathama…I too had a negative experience with a cat when younger…got scratched by one on the face when I was 3 or 4. Was never phobic but didn’t like them! Would love to see pics of your cats when you get them. As you said, definitely more apartment friendly than dogs. I’d feel way more guilty having a dog in an apartment.

September 22, 2011 at 11:22 am

Magali
    December 10, 2011 at 7:30 am

OHMYGOD I know the sole intention of this post was to make me insanely jealous, again! ๐Ÿ˜›
    BTW have you read cat versus human?ย http://catversushuman.blogspot.com/
    It’s a blog I’ve enjoyed reading for a few months now & I will be buying the book the moment I have some spare cash.

Magali
    December 10, 2011 at 7:30 am

BTW have you read cat versus human?ย http://catversushuman.blogspot.com/

December 11, 2011 at 9:09 am

Lol I swear Mags there was no such intention! ๐Ÿ˜€ Will check out that blog…

December 11, 2011 at 9:09 am

Lol I swear Mags there was no such intention! ๐Ÿ˜€ Will check out that blog…

Magali
    December 12, 2011 at 11:23 am

Haha I know there wasn’t. But I am jealous nonetheless. LOL.
    And you will love catversushuman. Esp if you have become a cat lady now (which is a wonderful thing IMHO, I don’t have a cat & I am already one!)

Magali
    December 12, 2011 at 11:23 am

Haha I know there wasn’t. But I am jealous nonetheless. LOL.

December 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

๐Ÿ˜€ I am really enjoying the catvhuman blog…hilarious! Thanks for sharing…

December 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

๐Ÿ˜€ I am really enjoying the catvhuman blog…hilarious! Thanks for sharing…

opinionsandexpressions
    February 21, 2012 at 6:48 pm

ohh why did u hate cats? but I am glad now you love them! has he become toilet trained?

opinionsandexpressions