Life

End of yearitis

I think it’s that time of the year…when you start counting down to time off and losing interest in going to work. Except, the problem is, work doesn’t go away.

I have been noticing lately that I am quite tired and honestly counting down to Christmas when I have about 10 days off work. I find myself hoping some clients won’t show up. Which I know is bad. At the same time, when I am with some of my clients, I quite enjoy the challenge. But yeah, I think when it comes to the end of the year, mentally and physically, I start to feel a bit spent. It doesn’t help that weekdays have had good sunny weather and then weekends are overcast and windy or rainy. Gah!

So anyway, it’s only 6 more weeks to Christmas (a.k.a. TIME OFF!!!) That translates to 30 working days.

Is anyone else suffering from end-of-yearitis? What are your symptoms?

:-Dee
    November 13, 2011 at 10:53 am

Thats a nice new term u discovered there – but me not suffering from it. No symptoms. 🙂 But yup, I am so waiting for christmas too – just for the joy of it, love the season!!!

:-Dee
    November 13, 2011 at 10:53 am

Jake
    November 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm

how about
    -getting more cranky
    -not feeling like working when you are at work
    -bitching about it to total strangers when the tube/train is late
    -snapping at your sister when cab’t keep up when walking together

So who wants to give me the Mr.Sunshine trophy ?

Jake
    November 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm

how about
    -getting more cranky
    -not feeling like working when you are at work
    -bitching about it to total strangers when the tube/train is late
    -snapping at your sister when cab’t keep up when walking together

So who wants to give me the Mr.Sunshine trophy ?

VeniceRowe
    November 14, 2011 at 5:58 am

Oh I am definitely experiencing the end-of-yearitis syndrome… My mind just refuses to think about work, it rather wants to enjoy fantasy lands, dramatic scenes, and other fairy-tale kinda stuff… with so many fun events coming up in a nice line, my mind and attention are totally diverted toward the fun-side. Sigh… but it won’t be fun if I continue like this – getting pulled up for shoddy work would spoil the whole holiday element 🙁

VeniceRowe
    November 14, 2011 at 5:58 am

Spaceman Spiff
    November 14, 2011 at 8:17 am

Oh thank god, now I have a name for what I’m suffering from (even if it’s your own coinage) :/. I have no interst in absolutely anything, not even blogging. I move around like a slug. My snooze-button seems to be jammed on. The only thing that motivates me to wake up everyday and get to work is that knowledge that I’ll be going home for christmas and new year.

Spaceman Spiff
    November 14, 2011 at 8:17 am

nidsitis
    November 14, 2011 at 9:53 am

I cannot wait for the year end. 😛 and I dont even have a valid reason 😛

My symptoms are I keep checking the date and wondering if I’l make awesome plans 😛

nidsitis
    November 14, 2011 at 9:53 am

I cannot wait for the year end. 😛 and I dont even have a valid reason 😛

November 15, 2011 at 9:07 am

I need to credit one of my friends in real life with the term…nice to see you look forward to it for the joy of the season…for me it’s too commercialised so I’m just looking forward to the break! 😛

November 15, 2011 at 9:07 am

November 15, 2011 at 9:21 am

I have symptoms one and two…plus I whinge a lot at work about some slack-arse colleagues! But yes, you still win Jake! 😀

November 15, 2011 at 9:21 am

November 15, 2011 at 9:34 am

Oh Venice…I can totally understand how hard it can be to focus when fun things are coming up…sadly in my case, all I am looking forward to is rest and relaxation at home, and weather permitting, the beach! But yes, getting pulled up for slacking off would be a pain!

November 15, 2011 at 9:34 am

November 15, 2011 at 10:04 am

Hehe Spiff…that term was coined by a friend in real life…credit must go to her! Iknow what you mean about losing interest in blogging…my posts have not been  up to their usual standards…unfortunately, my snooze button is not on…that’s because I have a live alarm in the form of a kitten who likes to wake me up when she thinks I’m sleeping in!

November 15, 2011 at 10:04 am

November 15, 2011 at 10:05 am

🙂 Nids, over there there’s not much around Xmas/NY in terms of hols…but we are kinda closed during the week of Xmas so yes, I need my RnR! Hope you do make awesome plans! 🙂

November 15, 2011 at 10:05 am