Humour

Fully licensed

I’m officially a fully-licensed driver after passing my Driver Qualification Test this morning.

For those who don’t know, in NSW you progress from your Learner’s to a Provisional 1 license (aka Red P) which you hold for at least a year and then  after a computerised test progress to Provisional 2 license (aka Green P) which you hold for at least 24 months and only then, after sitting another computerised test, progress to a full license.

So yes, no more plates on my car. No more trying to remember to swap plates when I use a work car. No more worrying about excess penalties just because “I’m a P-plater“. No more limiting my speed to just 100 kph in 110 kph zones. And no more zero blood alcohol level [although knowing myself, I probably will still not drink even a glass of wine and drive!] And most importantly, no more driving tests!!!

I was quite nervous during the test [so what else is new?] and half the test was about knowledge and the other half involved driving scenarios where you had to touch the screen if you had to slow down or if it was safe to turn etc. And an amusing thing that occured in one of those driving scenario questions was where the scene was for me to find a safe gap to turn right and I had seen one when this other car came at a higher speed from the opposite direction — which resulted in me swearing as I would in real life! I doubt anyone heard though! Hehe…how’s that for taking the test seriously?

I opted for a 3 year license. And I kinda regret it. Why you ask? Well, as always, the picture! Apparently now you can’t wear your glasses for the photo. So here I am getting my picture taken without my glasses, unable to smile showing my teeth and recovering from a whole day of allergies yesterday…which means, puffy eyes! Sigh.

Oh and with this license, I cross out another thing on my 30 by 30 list!

Until next timem

priyankavictor
    December 17, 2011 at 5:49 am

I have yet to see the list, I don’t know how I missed it:|

But CONGRATULATIONS!! 🙂

I wish things were this stringent on India; I have a license but I’m not sure I know half the things I’m supposed to while driving. The test is a hoax which is taken by someone else for you (I wasn’t even aware that we had a test that day until I saw ‘my score’ on the notice board). I’m thinking if I can get it so easily, so can other people and I can’t help but think of the chaos that reigns our roads.

priyankavictor
    December 17, 2011 at 5:49 am

I have yet to see the list, I don’t know how I missed it:|

But CONGRATULATIONS!! 🙂

December 17, 2011 at 7:25 am

Thsnks PeeVee! Oh don’t even get me started on the licensing in India…when my sister told me about her ‘test’ I was appalled! Don’t think I can ever drive in India…I learnt it here and failed the test a couple of times before passing…it was that stringent!

December 17, 2011 at 7:25 am

Magali
    December 17, 2011 at 7:28 am

That sounds amazing! Congrats 🙂
    And if you’re worried about taking it for three years, imagine the horrible photos I have on my passport for 10 years. I had a lip allergy. 🙁

Magali
    December 17, 2011 at 7:28 am

That sounds amazing! Congrats 🙂

December 17, 2011 at 9:14 am

Thanks Mags! Ouch…your passport photo makes me put my fiasco in perspective!!

December 17, 2011 at 9:14 am

Thanks Mags! Ouch…your passport photo makes me put my fiasco in perspective!!

Bikram
    December 17, 2011 at 4:18 pm

congratulation and I know how important it is to have a license 🙂

congrats .. I t took me three tries to pass the test here in uk the practical one 🙂

Bikram’s

Bikram
    December 17, 2011 at 4:18 pm

congratulation and I know how important it is to have a license 🙂

Bikram’s

December 17, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Thanks Bikram! It was a relief to finally move on to a full license. It’s such a long process here! And yeah, it took me three goes as well to pass my practical driving test back in 2008…I was third time lucky! They are so stringent here and when I heard all my sister in Bombay had to do was drive up and down the road for 5 mins to get her license I was really mad!!!

December 17, 2011 at 11:30 pm

December 19, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Congratulations!

December 19, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Congratulations!

December 20, 2011 at 2:49 am

Thanks T! 🙂

December 20, 2011 at 2:49 am

Thanks T! 🙂

Scribbyscribs
    December 27, 2011 at 4:36 am

now that’s some new madam PB..YAY 🙂 congratulations on the license as well as crossing out one more from 30 by 30 🙂

feels good!