Gratitude

Moments that make it worthwhile…

Driving home after work. Tired. Hungry. Listening to the radio. I turn into one of the side streets I take regularly. A little kid on the footpath — possibly about 5 or 6 years of age — waves out to me and keeps waving. How can you not smile and wave back? And so I did.

**********

Terminating with a client who has achieved their goals. They give me a Christmas present. After a day of seeing 6 clients along with having allergies and sniffling and sneezing all day, I get home tired and weary. And look at the card attached to the Chrissy hamper. And the heartfelt words of thanks from the adolescent make me cry. And also realise why I do the work I do. Not for the thanks. But for being able to make a difference in someone’s life.

**********

The impatient meowing when I walk up the stairs — Pebbles knows when I’m home from the sound of the garage door. And the purring and rubbing against my feet once I am indoors. The little kiss. And the shadowing until I play with her.

**********

Receiving a Kris Kringle pressie from a friend who knows you so very well. And knows the colours of nailpolishes you love thanks to window shopping once a month and trying on a whole load of stuff!

**********

Sharing an office space with a colleague who you know you can trust to rant about a couple of others you both don’t like. Enjoying those ‘ranting’ moments listening to each other. And warning each other if someone else is coming along. Despite an age difference that never seems to be there!

**********

Telling a certain someone exactly what you want for Christmas (because you know their memory isn’t great when it comes to your hints) and they say they’ll get that and something else as a surprise.

**********

Wearing a top you haven’t worn since 2006 and finding that it still fits perfectly and that you can still feel sexy on the weekend hanging out with friends!

**********

Despite the crankiness that comes from being oh-so-tired at the end of the year, these are just some moments that make life seem so worthwhile!

Do share some of your moments…

December 20, 2011 at 9:18 pm

aren’t those precious! πŸ™‚ wish you many many more such wonderful moments, PB!

December 20, 2011 at 9:18 pm

aren’t those precious! πŸ™‚ wish you many many more such wonderful moments, PB!

Aathira
    December 21, 2011 at 10:57 am

This year has been a year I will not be forgetting ever. My first child! Wow. At times I do not believe it myself that I am a mother, and with it came the life changing things..

Aathira
    December 21, 2011 at 10:57 am

Maddie
    December 21, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Did I read correct? A certain someone?? Elaborate pls.. πŸ™‚

Maddie
    December 21, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Did I read correct? A certain someone?? Elaborate pls.. πŸ™‚

December 21, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Thanks T! It’s the little things that we sometimes forget but that seem to make life so worthwhile!

December 21, 2011 at 11:34 pm

December 22, 2011 at 12:04 am

Sounds like you have had a very memorable year with a particularly memorable moment Aathira! πŸ™‚ And it’s definitely not something you will ever forget… πŸ˜€

December 22, 2011 at 12:04 am

December 22, 2011 at 12:05 am

Maddie, this person has been mentioned previously with the ‘name’ R. πŸ™‚ Been around for a while…so yes, you did read correctly!

December 22, 2011 at 12:05 am

Scribbyscribs
    December 27, 2011 at 4:33 am

Β #1 aww πŸ™‚ must have refreshed you πŸ™‚

#2 the biggest achievement in your profession,to be able to make ‘that’ difference!

#3 total awwwww! I imagined and am smiling πŸ™‚

#4 how sweet is that!

#5 hahah aren’t these fun times that ease out the pain in the wrong places because of other nut shells πŸ˜›

#6 So! Did you get what you want? am sure you did πŸ™‚ and what was the ‘other’ gift by the way? πŸ˜‰

#7 OMG moment! congratulations on fitting into 5 years old top πŸ™‚

#8 absolutely!

Wishing you happiness and prosperity in the coming year πŸ™‚

Scribbyscribs
    December 27, 2011 at 4:33 am

Β #1 aww πŸ™‚ must have refreshed you πŸ™‚

#3 total awwwww! I imagined and am smiling πŸ™‚

#4 how sweet is that!

#7 OMG moment! congratulations on fitting into 5 years old top πŸ™‚

#8 absolutely!

Wishing you happiness and prosperity in the coming year πŸ™‚

December 27, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Yes Scribby…I did get what I wanted…a pair of earrings and the other gift was a CD… πŸ™‚

December 27, 2011 at 9:08 pm