Books

Gratitude Photo Challenge – Day 6

Day 6 of the challenge requires me to put up a photo about something very close to my heart — BOOKS! And have I got the perfect shot!

Books to be read. Pic taken retro-style

These are all the books on my bookshelf that I have yet to read. Trust me to continue buying more books even though I haven’t finished the lot. I was good for a long time and had brought it down to the mid-twenties but then I went nuts again! Sigh. It’s hard to resist bargains sometimes. 😐

Please tell me that there are some of you out there who are as bad as I am!!

The Budding Rose
    January 15, 2012 at 6:51 am

I’m just as bad!! I have so many books left to read… and I just bought Ellen DeGeneres’ book this afternoon !! I don’t think we’ll ever learn

Psych Babbler™
      January 15, 2012 at 6:54 am

It feels good to know others are like me Rose! It’s hard to resist, isn’t it when you find some good ones? I found two this morning that I bought by Jennifer Egan…an author I’ve never read but whose books sounded very interesting!

Towards Harmony
    January 15, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I totally am the same, book shopping is a’pick me up’ activity for me. I have so many south Asian author books and for the south Asian challenge 2012 , I am going to try to read those I have and resist temptation to buy more.

Nice picture BTW!

Psych Babbler™
      January 16, 2012 at 3:09 am

TH, I browse through bookstores everytime I go to the shops…some people like window shopping, I love book browsing. And then, occasionally, I cave at the shops. Most times, I note down names and then buy them online. Also, I realised upon taking this photo, that I probably could do the South Asian challenge this year — I have about 8 unread books by South Asian authors in that pile!

Bikramjit
    January 15, 2012 at 3:36 pm

i shud take a picture of the loft.. I got so many books in there that need to be read …

Bikram’s

R's Mom
    January 16, 2012 at 4:04 am

You have so many un-read books…baap rey..read them okie..*gives stern look* or stop making us drool 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      January 16, 2012 at 8:13 am

I know R’s Mom! I have to read them…not enough time and too many books to buy!!!

R's Mom
    January 16, 2012 at 4:04 am

yes yes yes….*doing cartwheels* for the first time, I could comment on your blog!!!!

Psych Babbler™
      January 16, 2012 at 8:13 am

Yes…I removed Disqus and stayed with blogger’s comments…they started threaded comments finally!! 😀

memoriesandmirages
    January 17, 2012 at 3:30 am

you know I am just as bad, don’t you? I’ve stopped couting the number of unread books on my shelf. Definitely can’t resist buying at least one book if I walk into a bookstore. 😀

Psych Babbler™
      January 17, 2012 at 9:07 am

Hehe T…I figured…I can control sometimes when I’m in the store…but online, nope! 😛