Life

How do you know…

…if the path you have chosen in life is the right one?

…if the decision you make will lead to something positive?

…if the relationship you are in will work out?

…if the friends that you have will be with you a decade later?

…if the words you say will ever have an impact on another?

…if he or she is ‘the one’?

…if the job you are in is the one to take you to where you want to be?

…if you are in love?

…if compromising will get you what you want?

…what life has in store for you?

…what challenges lie ahead?

…if this is the life you actually want?

…if you are living life to the fullest?

…what people really think of you?

…if any of the decisions you make will be the ‘right’ one?

Lifesorchestra
    January 6, 2012 at 9:36 am

wowww …. quite a list … answers for none 😐

Jake
    January 6, 2012 at 10:55 am

If the universe was created by a supreme being then where did the supreme being come from ?
    if the universe was NOT created by a supreme being and is just a product of the laws of physics , then where did the laws of physics come from ?

why is yellow yellow ?, we know how our eyes interpret yellow, but why is it yellow ?

why does anything happen ? why does is the point to life ? we know how we came into existence but whats the point to existence  itself ?.

🙂 … I believe there is such a thing as a stupid question, and the ones that I have mentioned above are perfect examples for it. Its what religion uses as an excuse to promote dogma. Its great to question everything but I think at some point you have to stop and realize some questions don’t have answers.

Bikram
    January 6, 2012 at 11:04 am

you will never know .. TILL you do it ..

why worry of things that are not in control .. moreover what ir RIGHT or wrong .. it is wrong because it did not happen the way you wanted .. that doesnot mean its wrong 🙂

tough questionssss….

Bikram’s

Spaceman Spiff
    January 6, 2012 at 11:12 am

…the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind..The answer is blowing in the wind… 🙂

Shilpa Garg
    January 6, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Very valid questions!! And these questions haunt most of us but only time lets us know the answers to all these life’s Qs!

PS : Though when I read the first few  questions in my reader, I was expecting answers! 😛 :))

Ekta khetan
    January 6, 2012 at 12:20 pm

You never know unless you experience…and while you are experiencing it, you still question. Let’s relish, stay and see what has to be, will be..kay sara sara 🙂

Good composition:)

Maddie
    January 6, 2012 at 2:21 pm

My thoughts exactly at the moment!! Uncertainty, doubt and confusion often makes us uncomfortable.

January 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Do let me know if you figure out answers to these questions 🙂

On a different note (but not totally), I am currently reading this book – The Interrogative Mood – that is made up of only questions. Each sentence in that book is a question (some of them very thought provoking). And reading this post somehow made me think of that 😀

January 6, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Wish you (or someone) had answers Lifesorchestra…

January 7, 2012 at 12:57 am

Not all of what you’ve asked are stupid questions Jake…I think there are several people who do question the point of life or their existence on the planet. When I have time to reflect (Which is very rare!) I wonder about it too…

But you are right…while we question everything, maybe there is a point we need to stop. And I for one, would really like my mind to do that sometimes! I’m tired of all the questions and indecisiveness and worries it poses…

January 7, 2012 at 12:58 am

January 7, 2012 at 1:09 am

I was afraid of that Bikram! The premise of worry is about lack of control and lack of predictability. And I totally agree with you when you say that if things don’t work out the way we want, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong. I guess I should have said acceptable versus unacceptable.

January 7, 2012 at 2:00 am

Where have I heard the before Spiffy?? 🙂

January 7, 2012 at 2:49 am

That’s the problem isn’t it Shilpa…that the answers are only known in time and after we’ve lived through them. Sigh. I think I’d give anything to know the answers to those right now…

January 7, 2012 at 2:50 am

That’s the problem though Ekta…that we don’t know the answers until we experience it! :S Unfortunately sometimes, it’s hard to relish those moments that are so filled with anxiety…

January 7, 2012 at 2:51 am

Ah someone else experiencing this currently! Rightly said Maddie…all the uncertainty, doubt, unpredictablity all make us umcomfortable…and it makes it harder to experience the moments with those doubts!

January 7, 2012 at 2:52 am

Will do T! Although I doubt I’ll ever figure them out. I was hoping at least somebody would have some of the answers! But no such luck! Sigh.

That book sounds interesting…adding it to the list!! 🙂

Nirali Naik
    January 7, 2012 at 7:55 am

Life is all about not knowing and yet doing the things we do . Why do we need a motivation or reason to do something or ,  assurance of your action’s success .   Do it because it makes you happy NOW , in this moment . Enjoy the delicious ambiguity =)

R.Bit
    January 7, 2012 at 9:04 am

I wish had words of wisdom, but I don’t. I guess all I can say is, it happens to all of us at some point. I wrote this post –
    http://legally-alien.blogspot.com/2010/07/life-question-mark.html when I was having a similar sort of “crisis”. And I think at the end of it, you don’t really “know” but just have faith in yourself and know you did the best you could.

Aditya K
    January 7, 2012 at 11:51 am

If someone tells you to just trust, don’t ever believe him!

nidsitis
    January 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Wow! I could have so written this. 🙂

Ideal page for me to read today. My last day at my first job 🙂

VeniceRowe
    January 7, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Even I’ve been hounded by these questions since over a month… I’ve got nowhere close to the answers… it feels like hanging in mid-air wondering what wind will blow you, and from which direction. Sighhh, time… that’s the only factor to get us near some answers, though I doubt if all our questions will be ever answered, because there will  always be a new question added to the list as we age.

Maddie
    January 7, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Only when the present critical period is over, all the pieces of puzzle fall in place and we can see in stark clarity the meaning of it all. In retrospect, all things appear clear and make sense one way or the other. Am I making any sense?

Red Handed
    January 7, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Only time will tell I suppose!

January 7, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Exactly…life always makes sense in hindsight! I just wish though sometimes, we had a crystal ball to be able to see that! 😛

January 7, 2012 at 9:40 pm

You make perfect sense Nirali when you say do something because it makes you happy NOW. However, me being a bit neurotic, still needs something about the future…some guarantee almost. I just wish I could get out of my own head for a while! 😛

January 7, 2012 at 9:41 pm

It helps knowing others go through similar thoughts R.Bit…and wouldn’t it be nice if we could sometimes have a crystal ball to be able to ‘know’ how things will pan out??

January 7, 2012 at 9:42 pm

🙂 So not to just have faith Aditya?? Which most people seem to be saying… 😛

January 7, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Oh Nids…I know that feeling!! I remember quitting my two part time jobs in 2009 and getting into one full time one and wondering similar things…esp as I was taking a paycut! Good luck with the new phase in life! 😀

January 7, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Exactly Venice…there will always be more questions that will pop up. I wonder whether we are just more neurotic and whether that’s why we are plagued with these questions in the face of uncertainty. Sigh…I hope you are able to get some answers…

January 7, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Sadly RH, you’re right. I just wish sometimes I had a crystal ball for some questions to see how things would work out! :-S

Maddie
    January 7, 2012 at 10:10 pm

It would take the charm out of it PB. Wait for it, you will get the instincts that will lead you  in the direction you need to go. Sometimes from the most chaotic situations we learn the best lessons of life. 🙂

January 7, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I guess Maddie…and yes, I guess no matter how things pan out, we learn something from it one way or the other…

Jake
    January 9, 2012 at 12:34 am

Aaaaah finally we disagree …. a good opportunity to fight .
    As far as I am concerned , ALL the questions I asked are stupid physc, let me tell you why. Lets take the question of life for example, whats the point to life is probably the most important question humanity has every asked. The problem is its a question that very well might not have an answer, reminds me of this time when my dad asked me why a keyboard is called a keyboard, my answer was “well, because its a board with keys on it”, he went on to ask but why name it keyboard, why not typeboard . I was like “its just a name, you call it fred or bambi if you want to, whats the big deal”.  Its just like that, human beings have this inherent nature to question things which is good, its got us where we are but it also gave us BS like religion and astrology.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t question things, just that sometimes its best not to think about the what ifs , they are just to product of mind’s yearning for more.

Nilu
    January 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Great questions. Sometimes you find the answers, sometimes it’s too late. Just go through life giving it your best, do things from  your heart and you won’t have many regrets.

January 10, 2012 at 2:56 am

I know what you mean Nilu…usually when we find the answers, it’s post the event.

January 10, 2012 at 2:58 am

We do disagree Jake! 😀 I guess the way I see it is that even if a question doesn’t have an answer, doesn’t mean we can’t ask it! It’s different if we dwell on the what ifs…that I understand is a way of getting stuck in a rut…but asking questions even when we may be aware there aren’t necessarily answers don’t make them stupid. Even with religion  and astrology…if we didn’t ask questions, we’d all probably be like those people who get brainwashed and part of cults!

opinionsandexpressions
    February 21, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I think of all the questions, the one which should least bother us is “
    …what people really think of you?”

Psych Babbler™
      February 22, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I agree but you’d be surprised at how many people worry about that! 🙂