Life

Rambunctious Ramblings

Two cats might be better than one. I’m tempted to get another. I keep reading up on introducing a new cat to the household. Checking to see if I can financially keep one. And checking out shelter websites constantly! Contemplating on whether to get this additional member of the family.

**********

Facebook: A means for people to tell you they are moving from ‘single’ to ‘in a relationship’ to ‘engaged’ to ‘married’. And of course, to put up all the photos. Because apparently every one of their 300 plus ‘friends’ wants to know. Also a place for people to say just how much in love they are. The latter get deleted from my news feed. Especially if it’s updates every few hours like these. *Puke*

**********

PMS sucks. Every month there are about two weeks when I experience emotional turmoil. No matter what my emotions i.e. anxiety, irritability, sadness, they are all maximised ten-fold. I kid you not. Just the other day, I was a bit stressed about an upcoming case conference and an incomplete report and I was sobbing. So yes, PMS sucks.

**********

4-0. What a victory by us against the Indians. The team ranked No. 2. My only regret was not being able to watch Michael Clarke live at the SCG when he made his epic score. And also, missing the final day of the final test and the presentation of the trophy thanks to being at work. But I can gloat now. Until we tour India next and get presented with flat and dry tracks. Now to look forward to the one-dayers.

**********

What is the world coming to when  I happen to agree with Shane Warne?? Yes, I know. Shock, horror. I was horrified when he voiced opinions I had voiced before to my friends. About cyclists needing to be registered. I don’t know what happened in Warnie’s case but some of the cyclists I’ve noticed on the road don’t always follow the road rules. I find myself thinking that if they want to be treated on par as motorists, for starters, they should follow the red light rules [most probably do but I’ve seen some use it like pedestrians or run red lights when it’s safe for them] and should be registered to use the road. After all, what if they do scrape against a car? Why should a car driver fork out excess on their insurance when a cyclist may be at fault? Just saying.

**********

Oh…and what the fuck is happening to the world when the prestigious Oxford university invites Peter Andre [who???] to speak to their students? Let’s just say if I was one of those students, I’d consider myself ripped off!

**********

R's Mom
    January 31, 2012 at 9:37 am

#1 – Another cat…you have guts lady *Falls at feet*

#2 – I can so so relate to that…committed and then engaged and then married and then oh my the surprise I got from hubby..he made me tea!!! *Rolls eyes*

#3 – and they used to say, get married and it wont hurt so much and then it still did..and then they said, have a baby and then it wont hurt so much…and now it still does…Gah! after 30 years on earth and 16 years of having periods, I have realised there is NO CURE to PMS! *rant over*

#4 – I dont watch cricket…RD is still under shock heheeh 🙂

#5 – I dont think it works in Indian context….all cyclists are rash – my 20 year old sister who was learning to ride a scooty hehehe 🙂

#5 – Who Peter Andre??

R’s Mom

Psych Babbler™
      February 5, 2012 at 12:29 am

Hehe R’s Mom…yes another cat…fingers crossed the introductions go well! Been reading up on it.

Oh…there was one person on my list who I deleted who would put up flowers hubby bought her, the surprise Singapore trip he took her to blah blah blah.

Nice reality check there re the PMS. No escape until menopause!

Cyclist rant definitely doesn’t work in the Indian context! 😛

Peter Andre is a tool…was a singer. And that’s a stretch calling him that!!!

R's Mom
    January 31, 2012 at 9:37 am

I could comment, I could comment, I could comment..yayayayya!

Gangubai
    January 31, 2012 at 1:08 pm

PMS sucks biggggg time. I sometimes don’t want to meet myself during that phase. Husband has no option though!

relentless gushing updates on FB suck. I’ve been off FB for a year now, and I don’t miss a thing.

India’s lost out on one supporter over to the Aussies 🙁

Peter Andre at Oxford? Maybe some ‘mysterious” reason!

Psych Babbler™
      February 5, 2012 at 6:36 am

Tell me about it Gangu! PMS is the worst!

India lost out on a supporter years ago…been going for the Aussies since I was 12 years old. Hence the decision to come to Aus as well! 😀 Just to continue the love affair…

‘Myseterious’ reason or not…it’s stupid! Didn’t think he had a brain in his head!

Memories and Mirages
    January 31, 2012 at 3:41 pm

1 – Another cat? You’re truly madly deeply in love with Pebbles aren’t you? Totally smitten to consider adding another member to the family Whatever you decide, best wishes to you and Pebbles 🙂

2 – Don’t even get me started on this whole FB thing. It’s just annoying to no end, more times than not. And I am not even on FB! I am pouring my frustration purely counting how many times I’ve been asked to join FB only to see what’s happening in certain people’s lives and see their photos. Apparently, they don’t want to do that privately through email anymore – “why don’t you join FB and add me” is what I get asked. Oh well.

3 – HUGS!

Psych Babbler™
      February 5, 2012 at 6:45 am

Yes T! I’m smitten…and I think she needs company when I’m at work. 🙂

Ah you’re not on FB! So sensible. I’m contemplating shutting down…will see how I go!

Thanks for the hugsies!! 😀

Magali
    February 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm

PMS sucks so much. I get all depressed & low & go into ‘I have no real friends’ mode & snap & people & delete people from Facebook (friends!) over silly reasons.

Psych Babbler™
      February 5, 2012 at 6:46 am

Oh I hate that depressed feeling Mags! I get into stupid arguments and fights….sigh…

opinionsandexpressions
    February 21, 2012 at 6:40 pm

another cat!! sigh!! we cant even get one!!

Psych Babbler™
      February 22, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Yeah…and only now after getting another I’m wondering whether my decision was appropriate. Sigh. Things we underestimate…