Kitty Kapers

Pebbles and Buttons…

…are finally getting along! Or at least seem okay with each other.

Yes, this is after I advertised via Facebook and a mail-out at work to see if anyone was interested in re-homing a kitten. And then the day after I get someone interested in taking Buttons, they decide not to fight. In fact, Pebbles grooms herself next to him. And I’m completely and utterly taken aback. It’s as if I am in a completely different dimension!

Luckily for me, the lady that decided to take Buttons backed out because she wasn’t sure how her dog would behave towards him.

And the same night (Thursday), I had Pebbles affectionate all over again. Sleeping on my tummy. Sleeping on my back. And Buttons sleeping near my head. I also caught her grooming Buttons today. Such an aww moment! Next time, I’ll try and take a picture.

So yes, finally, after about 10-12 nights of no sleep, I slept well last night. And so did the bubs.

Life seems good again.

Magali
    March 2, 2012 at 10:07 pm

That is awesome. Was just discussing with my mom about your cat situation honestly. I am super glad that they are getting along now. This is happy news that I shared with her at once 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      March 3, 2012 at 8:03 am

IT could be better Mags but the plus side is that they are not constantly jumping each other and able to sleep next to one another. Pebbles is still a bit quiet compared to her usual self but hopefully, she’ll bounce back! 🙂

Magali
      March 3, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I don’t know too much about kitties neither have I had any of my own but I’m sure that they will become the best of friends soon. I really am happy for you! 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      March 3, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I’m hoping they will Mags but even if they don’t become best friends, the fact that they are now okay with each other and can be around each other without an issue is good enough for me! Like yesterday arvo, I had both of them sleeping next to me as I sat on the couch…

comfy
    March 2, 2012 at 10:24 pm

We so want pictures of the two of them together 🙂

Srinidhi
    March 3, 2012 at 5:55 am

Yay!! 😀 Completely happy for you 😀 Do put up pictures. 🙂

You must be so much more at ease now. 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      March 3, 2012 at 9:08 am

Yes Nids…a lot more at ease. And able to think clearly having slept properly for 2 nights! 😀 Will put up pics as soon as I can get them!

Smita
    March 3, 2012 at 6:07 am

Can I say I told you so?? 😀 You panicked too soon!

Good to know that things are settling and now I am waiting for you to tell us some lovey dovey stories of the 2 cats 😉

Psych Babbler™
      March 3, 2012 at 9:13 am

Yes you can say that Smita! A friend of mine had also told me to give it 2 weeks but I think lack of sleep clouded my thinking and made me catastrophise! 🙂 And will share stories as they occur! 😀

Chicky a.k.a. Kaddu
    March 3, 2012 at 6:30 am

Wow! I’d been waiting for this news on your blog! Guess they sensed that you were about to take a drastic step if they didn’t clean up their act right away! Good for all 3 of you! 😀 And yes, even I’m waiting for pics of their “team” antics now! 😀

Psych Babbler™
      March 3, 2012 at 9:31 am

🙂 You and me both Chicky! It’s scary to think in my head earlier in the week, I was drafting a post saying ‘Goodbye dear Buttons’…thankfully they decided otherwise! And you know what? People at work and a few friends also said something similar to you…they probably talked about it and realised what might happen and decided to behave! 😛

Swaram
    March 3, 2012 at 10:02 am

Whoa! That made me happy too 🙂 Stay the same u two and pics for us pls PB 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      March 3, 2012 at 9:23 pm

🙂 Definitely will put up pics once I catch them together! 😀

E.
    March 3, 2012 at 11:51 am

Glad things are improving between them. Hopefully They will stay friends.

Psych Babbler™
      March 3, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Fingers crossed E! Hope they will only get better from here rather than deteriorate!

Towards Harmony
    March 3, 2012 at 12:57 pm

So cute… we are preparing for 2 kittens brother and sister who arrive tomorrow. Its going to be so cute 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      March 3, 2012 at 9:25 pm

That’s so cute!!! In hindsight TH, I should have got one of Pebbles’ sisters when I got her…but honestly, at that time I was just thinking of one. Things could have been very different had I got two together! Oh well. And looking forward to pics of your little bubs!!!

March 4, 2012 at 5:10 pm

yay yay yay!

R's Mom
    March 5, 2012 at 4:14 am

Yipeeeeeeee! so so happy to read this 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      March 5, 2012 at 8:42 am

😀 I was happy to write it! Pebs is not her usual self yet but hopefully she’ll bounce back!

Maddie
    March 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Great!! Happy to know this. Now wait and see, they will bond together and play pranks on you! 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      March 5, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Oh I look forward to that day Maddie! As I said, Pebbles is still a bit quiet which is unusual for her so hopefully, she bounces back and the two can be naughty together! 😀

Love-hate relationship - Over Cups of Coffee
    November 10, 2012 at 4:55 pm

[…] relationship with one another. A love-hate relationship. With a whole lot of jealousy. Given that they are not siblings, I guess it’s not something to stress out hugely about. Although I’m sure you all […]

2012 Year in review: The good, the crap and downright shitty | Over Cups of Coffee
    December 29, 2012 at 3:00 pm

[…] and sister coming to visit. And us going to Cairns, Brisbane and Melbourne. Pebbles and Buttons got along after all. Even though Buttons continues to bully Pebbles sometimes. My weight-loss journey was […]

2012 Year in review: The good, the crap and downright shitty - Living my Imperfect Life
    August 20, 2017 at 11:30 am