Life

Eh, what’s up doc?

A lot!

You know how I said earlier in the year that I’d like to rewind and re-start the year? Well, I’ve changed my mind. I just want to fast forward to 2013.

Because 2012 doesn’t seem to be getting better.

Some of you may have noticed I’ve been blogging a lot. Now the last time I blogged a lot was when I kinda had nothing much in my life apart from work. And yes, a similar thing has happened currently. At a time when all my friends and acquaintances from school and college back in India are getting married (let’s not worry whether it’s a choice or not here), I chose to end my relationship. No, it hasn’t sunk in yet. But I think it’s for the best. There have been problems for a while and some of them were unworkable. It occurred around the time I wrote this poem.

Work has been crazy busy and in a weird way managing to keep me sane. We have had two people quit and one other go on maternity leave. Leaving just two full-timers and a couple of part-timers. Oh the joy! Which means M and I are probably going to be doing the bulk of the work.  Oh and I don’t know why but I put my hand up to doing a couple of presentations in June. And I still don’t have a specific topic to present on. This will be a presentation to school counsellors and other health professionals. What the hell was I thinking?!

And that’s not all! I am going to be on leave for a few weeks in May. Why? Because the family is coming over. Yep. Mum, dad and the sister are all coming over. And while that’s great, it’s also stressful at some level. There is going to be a week when I have to leave the kitties with a friend (bless her!) while I go away with the family. My choice would have been to stay home. But oh well.

Financially I’m not doing great at the moment either. Will resume flatmate-hunting once the family has left. I stopped the search once I found out they were coming because it wouldn’t be fair to a flatmate.

On top of that, Pebbles and Buttons were both infested with fleas this past week and despite applying the flea medication, there seemed to be a lot in the house to the point where I got bitten in bed. Gah! So today I have cleaned and cleaned and hopefully de-fleaed the house. Fingers crossed.

I also found out last month or so that I am deficient in iron and Vitamin D. So it’s supplement time and time to change my diet. And while I am grateful for the long weekend, I also have 5 reports I have brought home from work to complete. Because I haven’t actually had time at work to do them.

All I want to do is sleep and wake up when the year ends. 2013 has got to be better than this!

I’ll leave you all with something slightly more positive. A picture of my babies:

Aathira Nair
    April 6, 2012 at 11:20 am

This year has been a really not good year for me also. I just seem to be not getting anything what I want. I am unable to do the things which matter and over and above I just seem to be irritated all the time.

Calm. Peace. I hope things get better through the year and I hope they do for you too!

Have fun with the family.

Psych Babbler™
      April 8, 2012 at 12:27 am

Maybe the world is going to end this year Aathira given that many people seem to be feeling 2012 has been crap so far! Hope things get better for you and thanks for the wishes…

Swaram
    April 6, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Your babies are the cutest and am sure the worst is over. 2012 will get better too and hugsss .. take care of those deficiencies first!

Psych Babbler™
      April 8, 2012 at 12:29 am

I hope the worst is over Swar…but I dread the rest of the year given it’s only been 3 months and so much drama!

Magali
    April 6, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I am sorry for all of this crap. Sometimes life just get’s like this (it’s happened to me to), but I think it’s up to find happiness & positivity in the little things.
    Maybe look forward to spending time with your family, that does make you happy too right?
    I’m sure you will find some way to destress, your cats are the best.
    Sending over some love & positivity, I don’t know if it’s possible to do that over the internet but I hope you feel it a little.

Psych Babbler™
      April 8, 2012 at 12:54 am

I agree Mags…I need to find the positivity in few things and I must admit that despite the rant, I’m not depressed. I am stressed but content with life. And yes, I am looking forward to having my family over. Thanks for the positivity! 😀

Maddie
    April 6, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Hang in there PB! Remember nothing is constant.

Psych Babbler™
      April 8, 2012 at 12:54 am

Thanks Maddie! 🙂 I agree…things have to change some time!

Nilu
    April 6, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Sending hugs your way. I know that even when you know it was not meant to be, whatever happened was for the best, you still hurt when you let go. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you for all your help that you sent my way. I wish I could do something more for you.

Psych Babbler™
      April 8, 2012 at 12:58 am

Thanks Nilu! Like I said, it hasn’t sunk in yet but will probably sink in after my family has come and left and I have to deal with things. But I’ll take each day as it comes. So let’s see what happens… 🙂

indianhomemaker
    April 7, 2012 at 10:29 am

The babies with adorable names are adorable!!! I hope you have a great time while your family is here and during this time also find ways to deal with the rest of what is bothering you… sometimes all we need is sometime to rethink what’s bothering us. Hugs.

Psych Babbler™
      April 8, 2012 at 12:59 am

Thanks IHM! They are gorgeous and apart from work, are keeping me sane! 🙂 Thanks for the wishes…

My Era
    April 8, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Love the cute darlings 🙂
    sometimes life loves throwing in one issue after the other to keep us so occupied that we don’t get enough time to even think about those problems.
    Am glad your family is visiting you soon, that’ll definitely give you a much needed break.
    Here’s wishing things start getting better for you from this very moment.
    Take care…hugs!!

Psych Babbler™
      April 9, 2012 at 11:15 am

Me too ME…they keep me sane along with work! I agree in terms of the number of things life throws…I kept putting the relationship problems in the back burner and avoiding them while I was dealing with all my other shit these last few months…so finally dealt with that! Thanks for the wishes ME…hugs!

R's Mom
    April 9, 2012 at 3:44 am

Hugs hugs hugs…see you have the family coming to look forward to 🙂

Gah to the fleas and hope things work out well for you..big hugs okie?

Psych Babbler™
      April 9, 2012 at 11:18 am

Thanks RM! Oh and the fleas didn’t go away…have now got flea bombs to use next weekend and need to buy new flea medication as well! Hugs!

Smita
    April 9, 2012 at 11:05 am

Hmmmm…there are times when you feel the way you are feeling but am sure things will only improve!

Take care & smile!!!

Reema
    April 10, 2012 at 4:55 am

Hope the year gets better!! so pebbles and buttons are friends now 🙂

Psych Babbler™
      April 10, 2012 at 10:55 am

Thanks Reema! And yes, they are getting along now. They chase each other occasionally but it appears to be them playing. They groom each other which is a sign that they have taken to one another! 🙂

2012 Year in review: The good, the crap and downright shitty | Over Cups of Coffee
    December 29, 2012 at 2:59 pm

[…] and Buttons wouldn’t get along and the sleepless nights as a result. And my relationship not working out. Then there were the issues with Pebbles’ and Buttons’ health and of course, the money […]

R is for Regret nothing #atozchallenge | Over Cups of Coffee
    April 21, 2014 at 6:00 am

[…] I reflect over my last few years, I have had a major failed relationship, some other potentials gone wrong, tried and tested private practice, quit a job after trying it […]