Have you ever noticed how you will do anything and everything in your power to put off doing something that is boring?
I have had this problem since uni days. I remember I would procrastinate before starting any assignment and the best way to do so was cleaning and organising! You wouldn’t think it’s a problem that would still exist for me. But it does. Especially when I am trying to write reports or any kind of work-related paperwork. I astound myself with my procrastination skills!
This weekend my plan was to complete some of my reports. I have 5 pending. How far along am I?
Still half-way through the first.
Here are some of the things I’ve done today to avoid working on my reports:
- I’ll read just one chapter of the book I’m currently reading. After all, everyone needs a break.
- Need a cup of mint tea to refresh me
- Need something to eat
- Let’s play with the kitties! [I’ve learnt that they are the best way to procrastinate. Even when they are asleep!]
- Reading others’ blogs
- Reviewing random blogs via indiblogger
- Toilet break
- Read just one more chapter of the book first mentioned
- Watch TV for few minutes
- Check what kittens are up for adoption
- Randomly check facebook every few minutes. Don’t put anything there on your own page
- Look for new widgets I can add to my blog
- Do the laundry
- Do the dishes
- Make something to eat
- Make another cup of tea. Or should I make coffee this time?
- Play with the kitties. Again
- Do my nails
- Try and remove some of the fleas on my babies
- Read the book again
- Clean the bathroom
And consequently, despite being up at 6 in the morning, I am only half-way through my first report. I almost took a nap right now but decided I would ‘reward’ myself with one after I finish this first report.
So the plan is to finish that report in the 15 minutes after I post this piece. And then take a nap.
Unless of course, I am just tempted to check for comments on this post.
Procrastination. Why must you be so tempting?
What are some things you guys do to procrastinate?
Not that I need more tips.
Until next time,