…when you have a flatmate.
– To shut the toilet door when you are in there. The cats now have to knock scratch to get in.
– To keep the laundry basket in your bedroom. Not in the laundry.
– To shut the bathroom door when you are taking a shower. And give the cats the option to get in initially. [Take it or leave it]
– To not talk loudly to the cats when you wake up at 4:45 in the morning. Because someone else is still asleep.
– To share the TV.
– To not leave paperwork strewn around the lounge room.
– To actually speak to another human being instead of just the cats.
– To shut your bedroom door when you are getting dressed.
– To iron your work clothes before your shower.
– To check if the toilet or bathroom are in use before walking in.
– To not overdo the groceries as there is only half the amount of space in the fridge. And cupboards.
– To not get startled when you run into another person in the dark in the middle of the night.
After living by myself for a while, I’d forgotten some of the above. And it seems like I have to re-learn them now that the new flatmate is here. Or at least remember them.
Until next time,