Healthy Living

Week 5 of 12WBT

Week 5 of my 12WBT program was reasonably good. While I didn’t lose any weight, I have continued to maintain my 2 kg loss. We are almost up to the halfway mark! This week for my dinners from Monday to Wednesday, ate stuff I had frozen and kept from Week 1 because I didn’t have time to cook last Sunday. It wasn’t so bad and I realised I like the idea of freezing batches for later! So convenient.

I loved my lunches this week: Roast vegetable and chickpea salad with yoghurt dill dressing and Chicken and chickpea salad with yoghurt dressing. They were incredible! Stupid me forgot to take photos. Next time I will! Some other awesome dinners this weekend included not-so-naughty nachos and sweet potato and roast capsicum pizza. Now those I do have photos of.

Sweet potato & roast capsicum pizza

Not-so-naughty Bean and chilli nachos

Not just that, I also baked dessert this weekend. Check out how my Crustless blueberry cheesecake turned out!

Crustless blueberry cheesecake

I know they look more like muffins but they do taste like cheesecake.

I also worked out every single day this week. And killed myself. Or rather my hammies. They are still a bit sore. Seriously hoping it shows in next week’s weigh-in. Next week we”ll be half-way through the program.I’m still undecided about continuing straightaway into the next round or waiting till next year. Part of me thinks I should wait to next year. But another part thinks that I should make the most given that I’m already on a roll. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, and finally, I also bought a new pair of gym shoes the other day. Reason? My previous cheap-arse pair gave way as I tend to put pressure rolling in while running. So decided to bite the bullet and get a pair that might be more expensive but will last and prevent me from rolling in as much!

New gym shoes

Swaram
    September 30, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Drooling over that cheesecake 🙂

October 4, 2012 at 8:02 pm

It was yummy I must admit!! More than happy to bake you some if we ever meet…

Swaram
    September 30, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Drooling over that cheesecake 🙂

October 4, 2012 at 8:02 pm

It was yummy I must admit!! More than happy to bake you some if we ever meet…

Magali Vaz (@magali_c)
    October 1, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Definitely been drooling over the dishes you cooked, they look delicious!! We’ve been slipping up & making quick stuff like noodles too often, I think I need to start meal planning for the week.

October 4, 2012 at 8:16 pm

You know Mags, if there’s one thing I hope to take from this it’s to plan ahead. Because I would slip up too especially days if I came home late and was too lazy I’d just have a cheese sandwich or something like that…and wish I could share the recipes which are so easy and drool-worthy but unfortunately copyright issues do not permit us doing so.

Magali Vaz (@magali_c)
    October 1, 2012 at 10:30 pm

October 4, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Smita
    October 3, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I think you shud continue as you are in a rythm right now. And the weight loss is always so encouraging na? Congrats 🙂

Also I have realised that when somebody designs your menu (even if it is healthy food) half the problem is solved 🙂

October 4, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I think so too…except this week, there’s been no change in weight. Telling myself it’s muscle mass now…

Oh yeah Smita…so much easier when someone else is telling you what to cook. I must admit I’m not following it exactly because portion sizes in the recipes are 4 to 6 serves and me cooking for one means it will last 4 to 6 meals. So I just choose a couple of dishes from the week and plan when to eat them.

Smita