Books

2013 Reading Challenges

In 2012 I participated in the Aussie Author Challenge and the Goodreads challenge. I have completed both successfully and there is still half a month to go to the end of the year. I have decided to enter some extra challenges for next year:

Aussie Author Challenge 2013

2013 Aussie Author Challenge

Jo has once again put up her yearly challenge but this time around, she has made it a bit harder. I was so excited when she put up the challenge, I signed up without realising her new terms and conditions. {I also forgot to sign up with my sign-up post…sorry Jo!} There are 2 participation levels this year: Tourist and Fair Dinkum. I so want to get to the Fair Dinkum level. To get to that, I have to read and review 12 books by Aussie authors. At least 4 authors have to be male, at least 4 have to be female and at least 4 have to be new to me. 2 of the books need to be non-fiction and at least 4 fiction genres need to be read. I am not sure what I’m getting myself into but after two successful years, I hope to go three in a row!

Australian Women Writers Challenge

2013 Australian Women Writers Challenge

I noticed a few book bloggers I follow taking up this challenge this year and I wanted to do it myself. There are 3 challenge levels here: Stella, Miles and Franklin. Basically, you have to read 4, 6 or 10 books based on which level you choose. I chose Franklin. {Y’know, because I have all that time to spare…not} And the only requirement is that the books are by women. {Self-explanatory, I hope!}

Goodreads reading challenge

I am hoping Goodreads will put up their challenge shortly for 2013. In 2012, I challenged myself to read 40 books and as of today, I’ve read 42. With a couple more weeks to go, I reckon I might get to 45. For next year though, I think I might aim for 50. And see how I go.

South Asian Challenge

S. Krishna has hosted this challenge in 2011 and 2012. I am hoping she decides to host it for 2013 as well because I hope to sign up and read at least 5 books. If and when she does, I’ll add the badge as well.

So what about you? Are you participating in any reading challenges in 2013?

Will you participate in any of the above challenges?

Do share…

Julia
    December 11, 2012 at 10:09 pm

i like the idea of the south asia challenge, i could easily complete that, seeing as how that is mostly what i read when i have a choice. i already have three new suitable books a-waiting…..

Julia
    December 11, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Maddie
    December 13, 2012 at 1:34 am

I am thinking of taking up goodreads. Is there one for reading all books in your TBR list? I might just take that one. Coz my list is sure toppling!

Maddie
    December 13, 2012 at 1:34 am

Avada Kedavra
    December 15, 2012 at 6:28 am

I will take up goodreads challenge. This year has been bad and very hectic.. I havent read many books and havent been regular to blogging or in reading blogs..

Avada Kedavra
    December 15, 2012 at 6:28 am

Reading Challenge 2013 | Stung by the splendor of a crazy thought
    December 15, 2012 at 8:30 am

[…] books this year and hence I am enrolling in some reading challenges for next year. After reading PsychBabbler’s post on her reading challenges, I felt even I should have one. I am hoping that this post will motivate […]

Avada Kedavra
    December 15, 2012 at 8:31 am

I signed for some after reading your post. Check my latest post.

Some more reading challenges for 2013 | Over Cups of Coffee
    December 25, 2012 at 1:01 pm

[…] had written about four reading challenges I’d planned to take up in 2013 here. However, I’m not sure if the South Asian challenge is occurring at the moment given that the […]

Reading Challenge 2013 » Ash's Cerebrations