Life

Brightening up my day

It’s been a while since I did an outfit post. And I thought I’d share this one {even if I’ve already shared it on Instagram}

One of the things I’ve been trying is to buy brighter colours. I still love my purple and red and blacks…and while I suppose red does fall in the bright colour category, I have been opting for the brighter reds than the burgundy shade. I am very fortunate to have dark skin which means most colours look great against it. These are a few outfits I’ve worn in the past couple of weeks to brighten up my work day. They honestly do make me feel really good!

Sunshiney yellow

Sunshiney yellow

Skirt: Forcast

Top: Temt

Shoes: Novo

Belt: Some cheap store in the city

Red Peplummy

Red Peplummy

Skirt: Forcast

Top: Forcast

Shoes: Novo

Red all round

Red all round

Skirt: Forcast

Top: Forcast

Shoes: Novo

Cat: Buttons πŸ™‚

I admit there is a trend. I do love my reds. And I’m loving yellow too at the moment. As you can also probably tell, I can be a pretty loyal customer if I like a store and the service. By the way, taking these selfies on some mornings is probably one of the reasons I tend to run late for work!

So tell me, what do you wear to work to brighten up your day?Β

February 28, 2013 at 2:13 pm

i love that yellow/blue (?) outfit!

i still tend to lean towards black and gray mostly and the few colored ones i have are dull colors. need to get on the bright color trend and try something new this summer.

March 2, 2013 at 9:57 pm

You should T…it’s amazing how it changes the way you feel…I still have a lot of blacks in terms of dresses and skirts but I’m trying to accessorise with jackets that might be brighter…

February 28, 2013 at 2:13 pm

i love that yellow/blue (?) outfit!

March 2, 2013 at 9:57 pm

R's Mom
    February 28, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I am a black and white person…I mostly have black white brown and grays in my cupboard..but I loved loved loved your outfits πŸ™‚ wow!

March 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I used to be like that and then slowly got into red and purple…and now expanding to yellows and oranges… πŸ™‚ Thanks! πŸ˜€

R's Mom
    February 28, 2013 at 2:20 pm

March 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Smita
    February 28, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I like the last one the most πŸ™‚

Smita
    February 28, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I like the last one the most πŸ™‚

Susan Deborah
    February 28, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Looks trendy and chic. I have never dressed up so!

Joy always,
    Susan

Susan Deborah
    February 28, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Looks trendy and chic. I have never dressed up so!

Joy always,
    Susan

babblingbandit
    February 28, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Gorgeous outfits! Great figure. No wonder you’ve been shopping. :>)

March 2, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Thank you BB! πŸ™‚ I have recently lost a lot of weight so yes, I think I’ve been spoiling myself big time!! πŸ˜€

babblingbandit
    February 28, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Gorgeous outfits! Great figure. No wonder you’ve been shopping. :>)

March 2, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Avada Kedavra
    March 1, 2013 at 9:06 am

I have been in love with red off late. Everything I buy is some shade of red for some reason πŸ™‚ Nice outfits PB!

March 2, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Red is a gorgeous colour, isn’t it Ava? I have lots of reds and purples…not just clothes but bags and cups and everything else… πŸ˜›

Avada Kedavra
    March 1, 2013 at 9:06 am

March 2, 2013 at 10:34 pm

missRBit
    March 3, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Reading your blog after ages and just had to comment because a) red is my ALL time fave outfit colour and b) yellow is my current favourite outfit colour. No surprise hey? You look amazing btw. Great outfits and I totally get what you mean about colour affecting your mood – I am a bright colour lover to the core πŸ™‚
    missRBit recently posted…The week so farMy Profile

March 4, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Why am I not surprised that you love red and currently yellow??? πŸ˜€ I reckon one day we are going to find out we are actually related! πŸ˜› Thanks for the compliment! I still have a lot of blacks {why do most work dresses come only in blacks and greys?} but I try to accessorise with bright jackets and shoes…
      Psych Babbler recently posted…Book Review: GiftedMy Profile