The Month That Was

February. Already?

Where did January go? It feels like just yesterday when I was wishing everyone a happy new year and planning my resolutions for 2013. And it feels like I’ve blinked and it’s February already.

Click image for source

January was a busy month for me. Celebrating not just my birthday but also the birthdays of 2 of my close friends. Both of whom turned 30. That meant 3 consecutive weeks of celebrating birthdays on the weekend. Apart from that, there was of course the week where I met, liked and lost a guy. {By the way, to all the optimistic commentators on that post, I haven’t heard from him} Work was a tad quieter in January thanks to school holidays. However, it also meant time to catch up on my report writing, paperwork and a presentation I have next week for my team. January was also the first time I miserably failed the Photo-a-day challenge. But that’s because I was so busy I didn’t even get time to catch up on it. And therefore gave up.

I’m not complaining though. January was good. Even with minor setbacks and periods of tiredness and anxiety. The gym has been great for me. For my physical health but more importantly, for my mental health.

February is the start of even busier times. My book club starts again. As does my Amnesty group meetings. I can’t remember if I mentioned this previously, but I’ve also enrolled in Italian language classes {Level 1} which begins in a couple of weeks. Which means I have to brush up on the stuff I learnt back in 2010. Work will get busier as schools have gone back. I also have a 3 day professional development course to look forward to in a week’s time. And of course, the gym. I’ve started feeling like shit on the days I don’t go. {Is that an addiction?}. It’s also the month my sister turns 24.

Anyway, while I am as always, surprised at how quickly time flies, I’m ok with it.

Was your January also a blur?

Smita Beohar
    February 3, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Seriously I dunno where the month went….I feel I lived 2 months in this one month 🙁

Smita Beohar
    February 3, 2013 at 10:58 pm

R's Mom
    February 4, 2013 at 7:13 pm

He didnt call..gah to him then 🙂

Well..honestly I wish my January was better…I am glad its over for whatever reason…I am ready to move on and welcome February 🙂

February 5, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Well technically RM, he never called before either! However, I will update on that soon. Hope your Feb is a lot better RM!!!

R's Mom
    February 4, 2013 at 7:13 pm

He didnt call..gah to him then 🙂

February 5, 2013 at 6:42 pm

February 5, 2013 at 12:40 am

it does seem like january just made a mark and left before i could realize it. let’s see, what happened on my end – had a vacation hangover ;), went to boston for a couple of weeks, which was great. nothing much else really.

February 5, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Haha…your January sounds like it was fun T! I think most people would empathise with you about the vacation hangover…

February 5, 2013 at 12:40 am

February 5, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Avada Kedavra
    February 7, 2013 at 4:52 am

oh he didnt call 🙁
    Jan went so fast! This yr is gonna be hectic for me. I am repenting for having enrolled in so many book reading challenges..

Avada Kedavra