Blogging

My very first blogger meetup

The lovely Ursula and Jessica from The Aspirer and Live Healthy Simply respectively organised a meet and greet for female bloggers and entrepreneurs: Live Aspire Blog.

I came to know about it through Miranti about a month ago and decided that as part of my resolutions for 2013, I would go ahead and meet new people. Fellow bloggers. It was held at Earth to Table in Bondi this morning. I must admit I was a bit nervous at the start. New social situations always do that to me. But at the same time, I managed to tell myself that we all have one thing in common: blogging. So there would always be something to talk about.

And I wasn’t disappointed.

The ladies were all so lovely. I hadn’t read many of their blogs apart from Katherine’s, Miranti’s and Ursula’s. But after meeting the others including Emily, Jane, Alice, Karina, the Young sisters…well, I now have a whole new list of blogs to follow. {Can someone please give me more than 24 hours a day??!!!} It was interesting for me to also introduce myself and add that I blog under a pseudonym. And well, even if anyone did read my blog, they probably couldn’t tell it was me. What was inspirational for me was how almost every one is making a business out of their niche areas. Most of them are leaving a career and embarking on a brave new journey. And I think that’s extremely admirable. I guess if you are passionate about something, you will take the risks to get it. I also found that most bloggers had a niche area they blog about. Unlike yours truly who has so much to say about so many things that well, having a niche blog is kinda out of question. It was great though to get ideas about how I could possibly improve this space a bit more.

The folks at Earth to Table were also great. It’s a vegan place and while I am not vegan, I enjoyed the spread. I chose to have a chocolate smoothie and had a couple of the desserts as I was stuffed with the smoothie. This, despite not having any breakfast at home this morning! Here’s a sample:

chocsmoothie

Chocolate Smoothie

desserts

Yummy desserts

Thanks again Jessica and Ursula for organising this! And for the goodie bag in the end. It was wonderful to meet everyone.

All you ladies out there are inspirational!

Magali
    February 24, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Love that you’re gong to blogger meets now, PB! They’re fun. 😀

Magali
    February 24, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Love that you’re gong to blogger meets now, PB! They’re fun. 😀

Miranti | pen & peplum
    February 24, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I’m so excited to have played a small part in supporting your resolution 🙂 and I’m glad you had a good time!

Miranti | pen & peplum
    February 24, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Jessica Nazarali
    February 24, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Thank you for coming!! It was great to meet you and I’m glad you liked the goodie bag – they will be even better next time! xx

Jessica Nazarali
    February 24, 2013 at 6:45 pm

The Beginning of Live Aspire Blog | The Aspirer
    February 25, 2013 at 7:53 am

[…] had over 25 lovely ladies attend our event at Earth to Table in Bondi. Over Cups of Coffee and Lemon Lime Glitters have already posted about the event. Lemon Lime Glitters has a whole […]

The Beginning of Live Aspire Blog | The Aspirer
    February 25, 2013 at 7:53 am

R's Mom
    February 25, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Wow! that seems like a lovely blogger meet..and those desserts look yummmmm

R's Mom
    February 25, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Wow! that seems like a lovely blogger meet..and those desserts look yummmmm

Scribby
    February 25, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Bloggers’ Meet are fun, aren’t they? 🙂 I’m glad you had a good one there 🙂 Hoping to meet you sometime soon!

Scribby
    February 25, 2013 at 9:02 pm

March 3, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Yes…they are fun! It was my first and I’m looking forward to many more…and yes, next time I’m in Bombay will definitely organise to meet you and others…
      Psych Babbler recently posted…The Month that was FebruaryMy Profile

February 26, 2013 at 2:48 am

wow, this is incredible, PB! wishing you many more blog pal meets this year 😀

February 26, 2013 at 2:48 am

wow, this is incredible, PB! wishing you many more blog pal meets this year 😀

Avada Kedavra
    February 26, 2013 at 8:21 am

Looks like it was fun 🙂 The desserts look so yummy!

Avada Kedavra
    February 26, 2013 at 8:21 am

Looks like it was fun 🙂 The desserts look so yummy!

March 3, 2013 at 7:58 pm

It was! And the desserts were yum! Just wish I hadn’t been so full on the smoothie that I couldn’t eat more than two of the desserts…
      Psych Babbler recently posted…The Month that was FebruaryMy Profile

Live Aspire Blog Morning Tea
    February 26, 2013 at 9:01 am

[…] PS for more photos from the morning look at The Aspirer, Through My Looking Glass, Lemon Lime Glitters & Over a Cup of Coffee. […]

Live Aspire Blog Morning Tea
    February 26, 2013 at 9:01 am

Be.
    February 27, 2013 at 8:41 am

It was nice to meet you on Sunday. I have enjoyed reading through your
    blog! Jane : )

Be.
    February 27, 2013 at 8:41 am

It was nice to meet you on Sunday. I have enjoyed reading through your
    blog! Jane : )

The Month that was February — Over Cups of Coffee
    March 31, 2013 at 6:09 pm

[…] My Italian classes have started. We’ve had three weeks already and knowledge from 3 years ago is coming back to me. I must admit, I feel a bit old. The other students barring one, are younger than me. Sigh. Not that we are a big group. But still. So anyway, it keeps me busy on Thursday nights. I went on one date this month and will update you all shortly. And of course, Feb was also the month I attended my very first blogger meetup. […]