Out and About

Bushwalking in the Royal National Park

I am blessed that I live only a 20 minute drive from the second oldest national park in the world.

As I had previously mentioned, I was going bushwalking the weekend that just went by. And I did go. Even though I was initially a little anxious at meeting new people. The first bush walk was on Saturday and there were 24 people in all doing the walk from Wattamolla beach to Big Marley beach. It was classified as a medium walk but turned out to be pretty easy. The second on Sunday had fewer people (18) because it was classified a hard walk and was from Garie beach through the Figure of eight pools and  Burning Palms circuit. It was incredible. There were steep hills to climb and lots of rock hopping and I felt great albeit very sweaty at the end of it. We were blessed with wonderful weather on both days. And as for the company, I really enjoyed it. Met some wonderful people on both days. And amazed myself at how confident I was and not all that socially anxious apart from the initial few minutes. I will leave you with some pictures from both the days.

Wattamolla beach

Wattamolla beach

Wattamolla to Big Marley walk

Wattamolla to Big Marley walk

bw03

Wattamolla to Big Marley

bw04

Just one of the amazing cliffs

bw05

Loving the different shades of blue

bw06

The view of Garie beach from the mountain

bw07

Wonderful landscape from the top of the world

bw08

Garie beach to Burning Palms walk

bw09

Not the rocks we hopped on…those were bigger

bw10

Crystal clear water

I feel so grateful yet again to be living in this wonderful part of the world. Where I can experience nature and feel so much at peace. There is something to be said about coastal walks through the bush. So raw. So pleasant. So pure. I am going for yet another one this Friday from Garie beach to Wattamolla beach this time around. I am biased but I reckon this is the best national park ever! 🙂

Can’t wait for the long weekend. There is also a plan for a day trip down to Jervis Bay on the Saturday. All being well, that is.

And because I’m so thankful for being alive in Sydney and living so close to beauty, I’m linking up with Leigh over at Six by the bay for Thankful Thursday {do you realise that it rhymes???}

Six By The Bay

Kelly HTandT
    March 28, 2013 at 9:04 am

Oh how beautiful! I’ve never been through there, it looks amazing. The only bushwalks i take are in the Blue Mountains – I think I need a change of scenery!
    Kelly HTandT recently posted…Becoming a single parentMy Profile

March 29, 2013 at 7:44 am

Welcome here Kelly! I’ve only been to the Blue Mountains once but hoping to do some more out there too with this group I’ve joined. I highly recommend the Royal National Park because I love coastal walks…and well, I’m biased! 😀

Kelly HTandT
    March 28, 2013 at 9:04 am

Kelly HTandT recently posted…Becoming a single parentMy Profile

March 29, 2013 at 7:44 am

NS
    March 28, 2013 at 9:47 am

Beautiful country! Lovely photos.. and the weather looks just perfect..
    NS recently posted…Berryessa Flea Market, San JoseMy Profile

March 29, 2013 at 7:42 am

It was perfect weather NS! And yes I’m biased but Australia is beautiful! 😀

NS
    March 28, 2013 at 9:47 am

Beautiful country! Lovely photos.. and the weather looks just perfect..
    NS recently posted…Berryessa Flea Market, San JoseMy Profile

March 29, 2013 at 7:42 am

It was perfect weather NS! And yes I’m biased but Australia is beautiful! 😀

R's Mom
    March 28, 2013 at 2:21 pm

W.O.W ! thats superb 🙂 I think I am falling in love with Australia 🙂 especially after reading about such beautiful stuff on your blog 🙂
    R’s Mom recently posted…Rant! Rant! Rant!My Profile

March 29, 2013 at 7:34 am

I keep telling you RM…you should move here. I’ll be your faithful tour guide and introduce you to all the beauty we have to offer here…

R's Mom
    March 28, 2013 at 2:21 pm

R’s Mom recently posted…Rant! Rant! Rant!My Profile

March 29, 2013 at 7:34 am

Maddie
    March 28, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Wow PB, am so jealous. I would give anything to be on that beach right now. The bloody cold here in Edinburgh doesn’t abate! I want to be warm again! :((

Do post the pictures of your weekend walk!

March 29, 2013 at 7:16 am

It’s going to start getting cold here soon Maddie…I’m trying to make the best of the warm weather. Was so grateful for the lovely weather we had the weekend of the bushwalk! And will definitely try and post pics from today’s walk…

Maddie
    March 28, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Do post the pictures of your weekend walk!

March 29, 2013 at 7:16 am

Avada Kedavra
    March 29, 2013 at 10:48 am

wow PB. Amazing pics! I loooove beaches and you are lucky to be staying so close to them.
    Avada Kedavra recently posted…Experience is the best teacherMy Profile

Avada Kedavra
    March 29, 2013 at 10:48 am

Avada Kedavra recently posted…Experience is the best teacherMy Profile

Min
    March 29, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Beautiful photo’s! It looks gorgeous there! I love a good walk out in nature and love snapping photo’s along the way 🙂
    Min recently posted…365 Grateful – Day 174My Profile

Min
    March 29, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Min recently posted…365 Grateful – Day 174My Profile

Vicky
    March 30, 2013 at 12:05 am

It’s been a long time since I’ve walked through that beautiful park. It was a place I visited regularly. So wonderful to see it regenerated.

Vicky
    March 30, 2013 at 12:05 am

On being spontaneous — Over Cups of Coffee
    March 31, 2013 at 10:13 am

[…] house and get into blogging. Oh, and catch up on a whole lot of sleep! But then, on Tuesday, the Bushwalking group put up a walk for Good Friday, on Wednesday, the English Guy asked if I wanted to do a day trip […]

On being spontaneous — Over Cups of Coffee
    March 31, 2013 at 10:13 am

I walked 35 kilometres this weekend — Over Cups of Coffee
    August 5, 2013 at 11:40 am

[…] by the way!} And although my ankle hurt a bit, I was fine overall. Sunday’s walk was at my local Royal National Park and we did an easy loop from Wattamolla to Little Marley beach with a BBQ at the end of the […]

I walked 35 kilometres this weekend — Over Cups of Coffee