The Month That Was

The Month that was February

So, the shortest month of the year ended up being one of my busiest. I kid you not. For three out of the four weeks of the month, I was busy for at least 4 if not 5 nights of the week. Burning the candle at both ends. Sleeping late. And still waking up at around 4 to hit the gym. February has had it all.

My book club re-started. But I gave up on that book. {It was Villette by Charlotte Bronte and I tried but eventually realised life was too short to pursue this one!}. The Amnesty group monthly meeting was back with a bang for the year. I have volunteered to (wo)man our stall on women’s rights and human rights in general for a couple of hours next Sunday at the Art of Living Festival at Bundeena. {Do come over and say hi if you are around!}. I also watched an amazing doco that was aired through the local Amnesty group: Half the Sky.

My Italian classes have started. We’ve had three weeks already and knowledge from 3 years ago is coming back to me. I must admit, I feel a bit old. The other students barring one, are younger than me. Sigh. Not that we are a big group. But still. So anyway, it keeps me busy on Thursday nights. I went on one date this month and will update you all shortly. And of course, Feb was also the month I attended my very first blogger meetup.

Other nights were spent catching up with friends. And earlier this week, I also attended Linkin Park in concert. Will put up pictures from the concert shortly. All I can say is they totally rocked the house and while my ears were ringing and my throat was hoarse the next day…it was all worth it!

Work has been busy too. Suicidal clients, stressful parents and even more stressful agencies to deal with. I also had a 3 day professional development course in the city which was pretty full-on. Training always drains me. We also had a new staff member join earlier this week. Finally, Feb also involved catching up with friends. And making a pledge to detox from my shopping. And de-cluttered my unit. For an introvert like me, it’s been a very stimulating month to say the least.

I thought I might hibernate in March.

But instead, I’m already making plans. Through Meetup. To attend social groups and go bushwalking. Meeting people for the first time. Anxiety-provoking for sure. But also, getting me out of my comfort zone and who knows? Perhaps expanding my social group as well.

And I might as well say it because I know everyone is thinking it: 2 months of 2013 have already gone by??!!! How? Where? When?

So how was February for you?

Srinidhi
    March 4, 2013 at 2:45 am

I spent the most amount of time sleeeping in Feb. I hope my march is as active as your Feb 😀

March 4, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Haha…sometimes sleep is good though Nids! Who knows? I might spend April catching up on all my lost sleep…

Srinidhi
    March 4, 2013 at 2:45 am

March 4, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Smita
    March 4, 2013 at 7:13 pm

You surely have been having quite a hectic month re. You packed in so much in it!

And yes time is really flying. In Feb begining we had made plans to visit my parents, the plan is to go in Apr and back then it was like the whole plan is 2 months away. And now when I see it is just a month away. Time is just racing past!
    Smita recently posted…Presenting Before you Chulbul Pandey Mini Version!!!My Profile

March 5, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Tell me about it! I wonder whether the older we get, the quicker time seems to go by…I don’t remember it being so quick when I was at school!

Smita
    March 4, 2013 at 7:13 pm

March 5, 2013 at 9:45 pm

NS
    March 28, 2013 at 9:48 am

I don’t know where February went !!?!?
    NS recently posted…California WinterMy Profile

March 29, 2013 at 7:39 am

Haha…NS…March is about to disappear in a bit too!

NS
    March 28, 2013 at 9:48 am

I don’t know where February went !!?!?
    NS recently posted…California WinterMy Profile

March 29, 2013 at 7:39 am

Haha…NS…March is about to disappear in a bit too!