Humour Kitty Kapers

My cat likes to spoon. For real.

Image Source: Here

Image Source: Here

So apparently, Buttons loves to spoon and cuddle at night. Not with Pebbles. But me.

It’s a somewhat recent development. Like in the last month or so. At first I didn’t think much of it. But now I realise just how much he loves it.

Let me tell you why.

When we go to bed, he doesn’t need to spoon straight away. Pebbles tends to sleep on my feet and Buttons lies somewhere on the bed. I either fall asleep on my stomach or on my right side hugging a pillow. Anyway, without fail, every single night around 2 a.m. Buttons will come up close to me. On my left side. And if I am not sleeping on my back or my left side, he will paw my back. Over and over and over and over. Until I finally turn on to my left side. And then cuddle him.

Get the picture?

Me sleeping on my left with my right arm over Buttons and him all snuggled up to me almost spooning.

If I turn on my right because my arm is hurting or for any other reason, he starts being persistent and paws me again. Or just nibbles my nose to get me to cuddle him.

Sigh.

I do spoil my cats.

Do you spoon with your pet? Or am I the only crazy one?

By the way, you totally have to Google “cats spooning” in the images section. Cutest pictures ever!

Janet @ Redland City Living
    July 3, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Naww so precious! I’m a mean mummy & make Misty sleep in the laundry, but she does have a very cosy bed of her own 😉
    Janet @ Redland City Living recently posted…BabyfaceMy Profile

July 6, 2013 at 11:32 am

Haha…see I spoilt Pebbles from Day 1. She was such a tiny thing I couldn’t not have her sleep in my bed. And well, the rest is history!

Janet @ Redland City Living
    July 3, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Janet @ Redland City Living recently posted…BabyfaceMy Profile

July 6, 2013 at 11:32 am

Whoa, Molly!
    July 3, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Don’t feel weird, I spoon with my kitty most nights. She climbs into bed with me, starts to yell, let her under the covers and she curls up beside me. Spoiled much?
    Whoa, Molly! recently posted…No IdeaMy Profile

July 6, 2013 at 11:31 am

Haha!! Oh I feel so much better!! 😀 Bossy little creatures, aren’t they? 😛 But it’s great in winter and when you can’t afford to keep a heater…like having your own hot water bottle.

Whoa, Molly!
    July 3, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Whoa, Molly! recently posted…No IdeaMy Profile

July 6, 2013 at 11:31 am

Towards Harmony
    July 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm

So cute.. One of my cats loves to sleep leaning against me and the other paws me to open my legs and sleeps at my knees between my legs…

But only when its cold, when its hot they dont even sleep on the bed, they are sprawled all spread out on the coolest part of the floor or under a cupboard.

July 6, 2013 at 11:30 am

Lol! I have a feeling Buttons is this way because it’s winter now. We’ll have to see what happens when it gets warm. Pebbles has still snuggled up to my feet in the warm weather but it’s hot for me too! I must say, it’s nice having them to snuggle with in winter…like having hot water bottles pretty much!

Towards Harmony
    July 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm

July 6, 2013 at 11:30 am

Vivienne
    July 5, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Aww, so precious! Reading this brings back memories of my cousin’s cat who used to do the same with me.
    Vivienne recently posted…Let’s Talk About Se… CoffeeMy Profile

July 6, 2013 at 11:29 am

Haha…and people say cats don’t like affection! Pfft! They so do…except on their terms! 😉

Vivienne
    July 5, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Vivienne recently posted…Let’s Talk About Se… CoffeeMy Profile

July 6, 2013 at 11:29 am

17 signs you are a crazy cat owner - Living my Imperfect Life
    October 27, 2015 at 11:56 am

[…] partner, it’s even nicer to have a kitty to cuddle with. Especially if you’ve got a spooner like my Buttons. I swear he is human. Or at least he thinks he […]

17 signs you are a crazy cat owner - Living my Imperfect Life
    October 27, 2015 at 11:56 am

CookieCrumbsInc.
    October 27, 2015 at 5:01 pm

OMG SO CUTE.. HOW DID I MISS THIS POST!!!

CookieCrumbsInc.
    October 27, 2015 at 5:01 pm

OMG SO CUTE.. HOW DID I MISS THIS POST!!!

S.H.
    February 27, 2016 at 7:40 pm

When we first adopted Binx, he slept on the floor at the foot of the bed. Then he moved up, deciding to sleep on my feet, (if I were on my back) on my thighs, next he tried my head and face for about a week. Now if I’m on my back, he’ll sleep on my chest. If I’m on my left side, he’ll cuddle up to my chest with his back against me, his little head on my arm. So weird, but so relaxing and cute!

S.H.