The Month That Was

The month that was June

Image Source: Here

Image Source: Here

Okay…I’m not kidding when I say June was a bit of a blur. I’m trying to reflect back on the month and everything just seems fuzzy and full-on. Which I guess is how it was. The end of June not only means the end of the financial year for us Down Under but it also means we are officially half-way through 2013. In other words, Christmas is 6 months away.

June saw a lot more downs for me but still had its ups. The fact that June signifies the beginning of winter is always a downer for me. I loathe winter. On the upside, I’m still hitting it hard at the gym {winter hasn’t deterred me!}. I also booked myself a holiday for a week after finally coming to the realisation that I may be burnt out. Things came to a head a few weeks later and I was concerned about my own mental health. Eventually I bit the bullet and made an appointment to see a psychologist. I am in the process of also looking after myself. June has also been a month where I realised I needed to expand my social group big time. I love the friends I have but I also realise that I need some more. Particularly to spend the occasional Friday and Saturday night with when my current friends are busy with their partners. My friend CB  used to be that person until she left for London for work last December. I still miss her even though we talk often.

Early in June I contemplated ending things with The English Guy. Because he cancelled on me for the fourth time last month. I finally did end things. Not face-to-face as I’d hoped. But that’s because he seemed to be avoiding me. And then I finally ended it via text. After trying the face-to-face option three times and getting either no reply to my questions or a straight no. Ringing didn’t work either. So I had no choice but to text. After which I received a call. Saying he would like to meet. But I refused. As I’m over it. Given my own stressors, I couldn’t put up with any more. We parted ways amicably and talked about being friends after a bit of space. It felt good to end it after having made up my mind those weeks ago. So I’m single again! 🙂

June was not a good month for Julia Gillard. Who got ousted as PM. Yes, we now have Kevin Rudd back in the driver’s seat. I still reckon we need to sack all of them {Libs and Labor} and start fresh. Wonder if we can do that. I for one, am not looking forward to voting this year.

The end of June also means the end of Google Reader. From today, you will need other means to subscribe to this blog. You can follow me on BlogLovin‘ or use Feedly or well, just subscribe via email {option available in the sidebar}.

Six months of 2013 down. 6 more to go. Wonder what the following 6 months have in store for me.

So far, I’m enjoying the ride. Despite the stress that comes with it.

I regret nothing.

How was June for you?

Zita
    July 1, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I too am a hater of Winter but June signals my birthday – something I often have mixed feelings about, but it is a great excuse to eat cake!!!

July 1, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Wow so you are June birthday…I seem to know several people with birthdays in June. At our work we had 3 cakes last month. Plus it’s my dad’s and uncle’s birthday and a couple of other friends. But yeah, winter blows!

Zita
    July 1, 2013 at 12:23 pm

July 1, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Smita
    July 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm

So u ended up with him….good in a way, u know have peace of mind and u can begin afresh 🙂

Trust me next 6 months are gonna be better 🙂
    Smita recently posted…UBC Day 1 – What we did for the weekend!!!My Profile

July 1, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Yeah ending things was for the best…the disorganisation and cancelling was adding to the stress! Happy to stay friends because expectations are different. 🙂 And I do hope the next 6 months are better…thanks Smita! 🙂

Smita
    July 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Trust me next 6 months are gonna be better 🙂
    Smita recently posted…UBC Day 1 – What we did for the weekend!!!My Profile

July 1, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Vanessa @ babblingbandit.me
    July 1, 2013 at 7:51 pm

June has been a total blur and a shocker for me too! I cannot believe it is over already! There must be something in the air because I’ve been going through the worst psychological episode of my life since my major breakdown in 2007.

Regarding Reader, I’ve starting using Feedly and I like it much more. I’m going to try to be more active in reading other blogs and commenting now I’ve got feedly nicely organised.

I hope July is better for the both of us!

V.
    Vanessa @ babblingbandit.me recently posted…Sole parenting: We survived a wet weekend without either of us cryingMy Profile

July 1, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Oh Vanessa I know you’ve had a tough month! I really hope July has a lot better in store…and let’s hope the rest of the year is uphill. You managed to survive the big wet weekend {what a shocker that was!} so hopefully, things will start to look up…

And yes, I do like Feedly too! 🙂

Vanessa @ babblingbandit.me
    July 1, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I hope July is better for the both of us!

V.

July 1, 2013 at 8:54 pm

And yes, I do like Feedly too! 🙂

Avada Kedavra
    July 3, 2013 at 6:03 am

This month was pretty busy for you looks like. Feedly is good. I have switched over to Feedly. Good to know that you ended the relationship with him. I am sure this vacation will be refreshing to you.

July 6, 2013 at 11:33 am

Oh cool so you’re on Feedly too! It’s pretty convenient but I have yet to organise it well! And yes, I’m hoping the holiday is just what I need! Fingers crossed…

Avada Kedavra