Gratitude

The Sounds of Silence

silence

Beach at Hawks Nest, NSW

Birds chirping.

Waves crashing.

Feet thudding on concrete.

Shoes squeaking on the sandy beach.

Crickets calling.

Crows cawing.

Leaves rustling.

The odd car whirring.

Seagulls screeching.

Dogs barking.

Thoughts whispering.

Light wind whistling.

Ducks quacking.

River waters rippling.

Me, breathing.

The sounds you hear when everything is silent. When you feel like the only person in the world…sharing this vast universe with all things beautiful.

Bliss.

Have you heard the sounds of silence?ย

***Linking up over at With Some Grace for FYBF***

that pic is beautiful!!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted…Just for FunMy Profile

July 19, 2013 at 8:11 am

Thanks Lydia! And welcome to this space… ๐Ÿ™‚

Vivienne
    July 19, 2013 at 8:45 am

Beautiful! I love the beach too. More so when it’s quiet, uncrowded, and peaceful. Beaches are so therapeutic, with the rhythmic sound of waves crashing on the shore, the soothing colours, the salty ocean air, and the grainy sand. You make me miss it so much!
    Vivienne recently posted…A Lesbian WeddingMy Profile

July 19, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I love the beach too Vivienne {as is probably evident through my blog and well, my location!} but this solitude I experienced yesterday was something out of this world. Not just the beach but a lot of my walk was experienced in silence. And I’ve never been more mindful…

Vivienne
    July 19, 2013 at 8:45 am

Vivienne recently posted…A Lesbian WeddingMy Profile

July 19, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Cranky Old Man
    July 19, 2013 at 10:13 am

The sounds on the beach are the best!

July 19, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I agree Cranky Old Man! Welcome to this space! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cranky Old Man
    July 19, 2013 at 10:13 am

The sounds on the beach are the best!

July 19, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I agree Cranky Old Man! Welcome to this space! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam Stone
    July 19, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I’d love to hear the sounds of silence ๐Ÿ™‚ With two young kids it is never silent.
    Sam Stone recently posted…Do you have a dream?My Profile

July 19, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Fair enough Sam…it is hard with kids! For me, it’s not just not having kids…it also involved going on a holiday by myself for a 5 days. And on some of the walks that I had by myself, it was silence and these sounds around me…

Sam Stone
    July 19, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Sam Stone recently posted…Do you have a dream?My Profile

July 19, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Lisa@RandomActsOfZen
    July 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm

The beach is my go to place when I need an energy boost. Gorgeous photo ๐Ÿ™‚
    Lisa@RandomActsOfZen recently posted…5 Good Things For YouMy Profile

July 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm

The beach is my de-stressing place Lisa…or one of, at least. Thanks for the comment about the photo…good ole’ mobile phone with 5 MP camera…who knew it could take such good pics! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lisa@RandomActsOfZen
    July 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm

The beach is my go to place when I need an energy boost. Gorgeous photo ๐Ÿ™‚
    Lisa@RandomActsOfZen recently posted…5 Good Things For YouMy Profile

July 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Kaddu
    July 19, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Breathing is my favorite sound of silence. And sometimes, I can also distinctly make out the rhythmic thudding of my own heart. I feel so alive in those moments…
    Kaddu recently posted…Memorabilia-XIV: Why Do You Like Me?My Profile

July 19, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Oh yeah Kaddu…definitely the thudding of your own heart is something else! I think when we can hear the sound of our own breathing, we know there is solitude around us too…and that we are being completely mindful! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kaddu

Avada Kedavra
    July 20, 2013 at 9:16 am

Looks like you are having a great vacation ๐Ÿ™‚
    Avada Kedavra recently posted…The perfect road tripMy Profile

Lisa Wood
    July 21, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Nope I haven’t heard the sounds of silence in a very long time….but sure like your description and your pic.
    The beach is my favorite place, and one that I keep forgetting to visit.

Lisa Wood
    July 21, 2013 at 4:10 pm

The beach is my favorite place, and one that I keep forgetting to visit.

Amanda - purely4kids
    July 21, 2013 at 8:19 pm

What a perfect place. We were at Hawks Nest for a few days in January and was just beautiful. Given that it was the height of holidays and every man and his dog was there, probably wouldn’t call it quiet, but definitely beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚

Amanda - purely4kids