Life

Just like that, we turn 30.

I woke up this morning with a feeling of excitement. 30. It has a nice ring to it. Everyone has been asking me how I feel. Not very different from 29 given that I have been feeling like I’m in my thirties for a while now.

But it’s still nice. Entering the next decade. Unlike moving from 19 to 20, this change from 29 to 30 seems promising. I have high hopes for myself. Mainly to continue to develop personally and grow. To live and not just exist.

It was meant to be a low-key day. Work and then dinner with my friend J. Except when I turned up to the restaurant, there was J, her boyfriend R, C and her husband S, and then N rocked up a few minutes after me. My uni friends. Part of my family here. Who surprised me. On my 30th. I got home about an hour and a bit ago. Feeling wonderful. To know that I am loved. My friends at work too have been lovely with their wishes so apt. And then there’s the wishes from those who are across the world — via phone or text or email or Whatsapp or Facebook. It all means a lot to me.

30 is going to be amazing.

I just know it!

• vishalbheeroo
    January 16, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Happy Birthday, psychBabbler and 30 rocks..it’s the new 18:) You know I abhor reaching 30 but, now, I have accepted it..hehe I was scared of reaching 30 but it’s a fun ride..I’m single, not ready to marry and enjoying life with cusp of romance, unplanned defeats and lets enjoy the passion:)
    vishalbheeroo recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Thanks Vishal! Haha…not sure about the new 18…I wasn’t the biggest fan of 18 😛 I know some of my friends were freaked out last year on turning 30 and couldn’t even say the number. Like you, I am too busy enjoying life and feel like I’m only just growing and developing and figuring myself out. So bring on the 30s I say! 😀

• vishalbheeroo
    January 16, 2014 at 10:38 pm

vishalbheeroo recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:07 pm

• Venice
    January 16, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Happies the buddays PB!!! Pheeeeeeeee (*whistles)… 🙂 Wish you a fulfilling year ahead… keep growing and sharing with us your wonderful positive day-to-day stories! Hugggsss..
    Venice recently posted…TLC for Curly HairMy Profile

A very happy bday PB …..have a wonderful year ahead..,
    More than Words recently posted…The Months Ahead – Day 15My Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Thank you More than words! 🙂

• Eloquent Mind
    January 17, 2014 at 8:07 am

Here’s wishing you a very Happy Birthday PB ! Sure 30 is definitely going to rock. 🙂 Cheers to an awesome year filled with exciting adventures and experiences 🙂 Enjoy !
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…My love…My Profile

• Eloquent Mind
    January 17, 2014 at 8:07 am

Eloquent Mind recently posted…My love…My Profile

• stephanie
    January 17, 2014 at 8:44 am

Happy birthday! So lovely to have loved ones around to celebrate our birthdays, especially a milestone.
    stephanie recently posted…Just a peachy recipeMy Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Thank you Stephanie! It was special indeed… 🙂

• stephanie
    January 17, 2014 at 8:44 am

stephanie recently posted…Just a peachy recipeMy Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Thank you Stephanie! It was special indeed… 🙂

• Kinmin
    January 17, 2014 at 11:28 am

Happy Birthday PB!! May the coming year be filled with lots of fun and new experiences that take you in the direction you want to go in life! 🙂
    Kinmin recently posted…Procrastination – Yes I’m guilty!My Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thank you Kinmin for the lovely wishes! 🙂

• Kinmin
    January 17, 2014 at 11:28 am

Kinmin recently posted…Procrastination – Yes I’m guilty!My Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thank you Kinmin for the lovely wishes! 🙂

• LiFi
    January 17, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Happy 30th . Its a wonderful decade. Welcome.
    LiFi recently posted…Chucky at 55monthsMy Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thank you LiFi! I bet it is! 🙂

• LiFi
    January 17, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Happy 30th . Its a wonderful decade. Welcome.
    LiFi recently posted…Chucky at 55monthsMy Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thank you LiFi! I bet it is! 🙂

• NS
    January 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Yes it will be! Happy Birthday!

• NS
    January 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Yes it will be! Happy Birthday!

• RED HANDED
    January 17, 2014 at 3:52 pm

HONEY, YOU DO NOT FRIGGIN LOOK 30!!!!
    Now I should start all that bush walking and healthy eating!!!!
    and cheers on the milestone. You are one amazing person…(a blog does let you know about the person)

January 17, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Aw thanks lovely! 🙂 And the not looking 30 — I think that might have to do with being only 5 feet tall {or short!} 😛

• RED HANDED
    January 17, 2014 at 3:52 pm

HONEY, YOU DO NOT FRIGGIN LOOK 30!!!!
    Now I should start all that bush walking and healthy eating!!!!

January 17, 2014 at 7:39 pm

• Mi
    January 17, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Happy Birthday!! 🙂 Blog hoppin’ did good to me today…this is a nice place to be! Wishing you a great year and a great decade! 🙂 🙂 Yenjoy!

January 17, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Welcome here Mi! And thank you for the wishes! 🙂 Do keep visiting!

• Mi
    January 17, 2014 at 4:33 pm

January 17, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Welcome here Mi! And thank you for the wishes! 🙂 Do keep visiting!

• Soumya
    January 17, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Happy Happy Birthday! I’m still three years away from the big three O and I’m already freaking out. I’m gonna book mark this post and come back then, so that I feel awesome.

Happy birthday lady! You are one amazing woman 😀

I do not comment much but I haven’t missed one post of yours! I’m a big follower of your journey here.
    Soumya recently posted…Maya – Concluding PartMy Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Haha…thanks Soumya! I have a few friends who freaked out at turning 30 last year…somehow it didn’t bother me at all. Like I said, I am excited. And you know, maybe it has to do with feeling a lot more mature anyway!

Thanks for the lovely comments and for following this space! 🙂

• Soumya
    January 17, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Happy birthday lady! You are one amazing woman 😀

Soumya recently posted…Maya – Concluding PartMy Profile

January 17, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for the lovely comments and for following this space! 🙂

• Zita
    January 17, 2014 at 9:05 pm

HaPpY HaPpY BiRtHdAy to youuuuu!!
    I dreaded turning 30 but as I now stare down the barrel of 35 I wonder what all the fuss was about! Hope your 30th year is all you hope and dream it to be! 🙂
    Zita recently posted…for sleep..My Profile

January 18, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Thanks Zita! 🙂 I think 30 is scary for most people…most of my friends turned 30 last year and were freaking out about it. From following your blog, 30s sound pretty damn good!

• Zita
    January 17, 2014 at 9:05 pm

HaPpY HaPpY BiRtHdAy to youuuuu!!
    Zita recently posted…for sleep..My Profile

January 18, 2014 at 3:25 pm

• Raindrop
    January 17, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Wish you a very happy PB!!! have a glorious year ahead!

January 18, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Thank you Raindrop! xx

• Raindrop
    January 17, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Wish you a very happy PB!!! have a glorious year ahead!

January 18, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Thank you Raindrop! xx

• Maddie
    January 18, 2014 at 1:14 am

Hey PB! Happy Birthday! I wouldn’t say 30 is the new 20 or something. 30 is 30. Just another number – adding years to your life – adding more experience 🙂 Hope you have a wonderful year ahead.
    Maddie recently posted…#rhizo14 on cheating as learningMy Profile

January 18, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Thanks Maddie! And I totally agree…it’s just another number but it’s more exciting maybe because we’ve added more experiences and have grown. 🙂

• Maddie
    January 18, 2014 at 1:14 am

Maddie recently posted…#rhizo14 on cheating as learningMy Profile

January 18, 2014 at 3:26 pm

• Avada Kedavra
    January 18, 2014 at 10:56 am

Belated happy birthday wishes PB. 🙂

• Avada Kedavra
    January 18, 2014 at 10:56 am

Belated happy birthday wishes PB. 🙂

• vaidehi
    January 19, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Many Many happy returns of the day.Happy birthday.
    vaidehi recently posted…Those little things I admire in my lifeMy Profile

January 19, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Thank you Vaidehi! 🙂

• vaidehi
    January 19, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Many Many happy returns of the day.Happy birthday.
    vaidehi recently posted…Those little things I admire in my lifeMy Profile

January 19, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Thank you Vaidehi! 🙂

• Grace
    January 19, 2014 at 3:19 pm

It’s going to be amazing because you’re amazing!
    Happy, happy birthday! Keep that positive vibe of yours strong! x
    Grace recently posted…FYBF – The Free Fall EditionMy Profile

January 21, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Aw thanks heaps Grace! 🙂

• Grace
    January 19, 2014 at 3:19 pm

It’s going to be amazing because you’re amazing!
    Happy, happy birthday! Keep that positive vibe of yours strong! x
    Grace recently posted…FYBF – The Free Fall EditionMy Profile

January 21, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Aw thanks heaps Grace! 🙂

• The month that was January 2014 | Over Cups of Coffee
    February 2, 2014 at 7:31 am

[…] saw me bring in my 30th year in style — my dear friends threw me a surprise dinner. I also came up with a list of 35 […]

• The month that was January 2014 | Over Cups of Coffee
    February 2, 2014 at 7:31 am

• Weekly gratitude 2018 3/52 - Sanch Writes
    January 21, 2018 at 8:51 am

[…] my birthday this week partly because it wasn’t a milestone birthday and partly because after 30, the years don’t seem to matter. And in my head, I’ve been 34 for a few months. […]

%d bloggers like this: