Healthy Living

12WBT: Kicking off Week 1 2014

2014-02-02 19.46.20

Happy Monday everyone!

Week 1 of 12WBT kicks off today. We got our weekly exercise and menu plans last week. My exercise plan looks amazing for Week 1. Intense but amazing. I am going to have to change a couple of things though — like do my Super Saturday program on Friday and skip my Core and Abs session because I’m off camping on Saturday and won’t have time to hit the gym. It also means a slight change to my meal plan. I haven’t been as organised as I’d hoped. I have done my grocery shopping for my meals but didn’t have time to prepare any as I had a BBQ yesterday and spent most day outdoors and only got home at 7 p.m. But I’m not too fussed as the meals I’ve chosen don’t take too long to prepare.

I did my fitness test and my measurements last week and will share them here and update them as and when we update it for the program.

FITNESS TEST

My fitness score is 68 (out of 100)

Time trial (running 1 km): 5 mins 46 sec

Push ups (on knees): 54

Abs strength (plank): 150 sec

Wall sit: 1 min 17 sec

Sit & reach: 15 cm

Push up level: Level 3 (mid-thigh)

MEASUREMENTS

Height: 152 cm {don’t laugh!}

Weight: 47.5 kg

Chest: 72 cm

Waist: 63 cm

Hips: 82 cm

Arms: 24.5 cm

Legs: 47 cm

I have taken my ‘before’ photo in a bikini. But despite sharing a whole heap of information here on the blog {and photos in the past}, I’m not so sure about sharing the photo just yet. I’m going to try and keep track of my calorie intake via My Fitness Pal; it served me well the last time I did the program.

So yes, it’s a great time to start the program — a day after enjoying and indulging at a birthday BBQ with friends.

Anyone else doing the Lean and Strong program? Or any other program in 12WBT?

Do leave a link so I can follow your journey too!

***Linking with Alicia for Open Slather***

Photobucket

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life in...Australia
    February 3, 2014 at 6:36 am

Good on you! And you should quite organised to me, and though I can’t be sure, the ‘tone’ of this post appears so confident. I’m not doing any of these fitness challenges. I do yoga when I can, I dance and walk everywhere, but that’s about it πŸ™‚
    Vanisha @ Vanisha’s Life in…Australia recently posted…How To Create and Maintain A Lean Closet IMy Profile

February 5, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Thanks Vanisha! I’ve been gymming regularly over the past year but I’m a bit bored and wanted a new program to tone up. πŸ™‚ I am more of a gym person than yoga I must admit…maybe that’s why this program fits me.

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life in...Australia
    February 3, 2014 at 6:36 am

February 5, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Trish
    February 3, 2014 at 11:36 am

good luck!!! I am doing it this month too(unofficially)..but very unorganized,haven’t done any measurements yet,will do some today,when the toddler takes a nap.
    Trish recently posted…Changes,work,daycare,etc..My Profile

February 5, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Ooh that’s cool Trish! Are you going to update on the blog too? Good luck with your journey!

Trish
    February 3, 2014 at 11:36 am

Trish recently posted…Changes,work,daycare,etc..My Profile

February 5, 2014 at 9:12 pm

February 3, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Good luck, PB!

February 3, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Good luck, PB!

Alicia
    February 3, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Good luck. I am not laughing by the way, I am not much taller πŸ™‚
    Meal plan looks good, I love tzatziki on wraps!
    Alicia recently posted…KlopMy Profile

February 5, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Thanks Alicia! Oh…and good to know there’s others of a similar height out there! πŸ™‚

Alicia
    February 3, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Good luck. I am not laughing by the way, I am not much taller πŸ™‚
    Meal plan looks good, I love tzatziki on wraps!
    Alicia recently posted…KlopMy Profile

February 5, 2014 at 9:11 pm

floodproofmum
    February 3, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Good on you! I was thinking about giving this a go so will be keeping an eye on your progress πŸ™‚ Cheers Tanya
    floodproofmum recently posted…Green Mango ChutneyMy Profile

February 5, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Thanks Tanya! Will keep this space updated. πŸ™‚

floodproofmum
    February 3, 2014 at 4:25 pm

floodproofmum recently posted…Green Mango ChutneyMy Profile

February 5, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Thanks Tanya! Will keep this space updated. πŸ™‚

Jacana
    February 3, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I did it last year and learnt a heap of amazing things
    Jacana recently posted…Separating EggsMy Profile

February 5, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Thanks Jacana…I did it back in 2012 and loved it. I lost more after I finished on my own and kept it off. Just want to tone up a bit more and needed a new exercise program. πŸ™‚

Jacana
    February 3, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I did it last year and learnt a heap of amazing things
    Jacana recently posted…Separating EggsMy Profile

February 5, 2014 at 8:54 pm

TTS
    February 4, 2014 at 2:23 am

this looks like a great plan…good luck!
    TTS recently posted…Ten Reasons Why Being Thiry-Two and Single RocksMy Profile

TTS
    February 4, 2014 at 2:23 am

this looks like a great plan…good luck!
    TTS recently posted…Ten Reasons Why Being Thiry-Two and Single RocksMy Profile

Kaz @ Melting Moments
    February 4, 2014 at 7:57 am

Yum! Your meal plan sounds tasty. All the best for your journey πŸ™‚
    Kaz @ Melting Moments recently posted…{Recipe} Sugar and Spice CookiesMy Profile

Kaz @ Melting Moments
    February 4, 2014 at 7:57 am

Yum! Your meal plan sounds tasty. All the best for your journey πŸ™‚

Mi
    February 4, 2014 at 10:33 pm

this looks inspiring.. I wish I take something like this up in the next week! All the best with your routine! πŸ™‚
    Mi recently posted…My school girls!My Profile

February 5, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Thanks Mi! Do update if you end up doing a program… πŸ™‚ Would love to keep tabs and motivate each other.

Mi
    February 4, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Mi recently posted…My school girls!My Profile

February 5, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Kinmin
    February 5, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Wow you’re in such good shape to start with! Good luck with the program!
    And I’m actually shorter than you! πŸ™‚
    Kinmin recently posted…On turning 30!My Profile

February 5, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Thanks Kinmin…yeah I have been working out all of last year too. Main goal with this is to tone up a bit more and to change my exercise program and get back on track with my diet. πŸ™‚

Kinmin
    February 5, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Wow you’re in such good shape to start with! Good luck with the program!
    And I’m actually shorter than you! πŸ™‚
    Kinmin recently posted…On turning 30!My Profile

February 5, 2014 at 8:52 pm

6/52: Food | Over Cups of Coffee
    February 12, 2014 at 4:16 am

[…] was store bought in a packet for my camping trip, the rest were all made by me at home using the 12wbt recipes. Told you the recipes were […]

6/52: Food | Over Cups of Coffee