A to Z Challenge Life lessons

U is for the Universe and its magic #atozchallenge

Living life as a worrier is pretty damn stressful. Trust me. I know.

I have been a worrier most of my life. Mostly about things that are out of my control. My head can go completely nuts when I am invested in something and I worry about how it might turn out. The problem with anxiety is the unpredictability and the lack of control. And well, at the end of the day, life is unpredictable. So for anxious people, it’s like a death sentence!

In the last few months though, in addition to getting some therapy for my anxiety, I learnt something else. To start to leave things to the universe. And I have been making an effort with that. There have been so many things since December that I have just managed to let go and trust the universe.

universe

It’s like I said about not having any regrets. Life is unpredictable and we cannot control everything. But when things happen or when we choose certain actions, we don’t really know if the outcome will be good or bad. So what is the point in regretting? And what is the point in worrying?

Worrying about things that are out of control just wastes time and energy. And in the process of worrying, we forget to live life. Sometimes, trusting things to the universe, trusting that eventually we will be where we need to be can be the most helpful way to live life. It can help us explore. It can help us take risks. It can help us be imperfect and be ourselves. Most importantly, it can help us enjoy life and live in the moment.

Do you trust the universe? How do you deal with worries?

Do share!

***This post is part of the April A to Z Challenge and the Ultimate Blog Challenge. You can find my previous posts here***

• Ananya Kiran
    April 24, 2014 at 6:35 am

Life is an unpredictable ride, I am so much stressed right now !
    lovely post!
    Ananya Kiran recently posted…T for….My Profile

• Ananya Kiran
    April 24, 2014 at 6:35 am

Life is an unpredictable ride, I am so much stressed right now !
    lovely post!
    Ananya Kiran recently posted…T for….My Profile

• Stepheny Houghtlin
    April 24, 2014 at 10:02 am

Years ago we the young son of a friend of ours coined a saying that we have used ever since. “Don’t borrow a worry!”

• Stepheny Houghtlin
    April 24, 2014 at 10:02 am

• Rajlakshmi
    April 24, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Indeed life’s like that… I try to feel free these days, but then my stupid conscience feels guilty. Loved that picture
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…The Ultra-Chic ComplexMy Profile

• Rajlakshmi
    April 24, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Rajlakshmi recently posted…The Ultra-Chic ComplexMy Profile

• No Beeps Just Thoughts
    April 24, 2014 at 3:26 pm

The first para completely describes me. I am one of those anxious people and it’s hard for me to let go. I am trying again and again and failing. Yet I don’t intend to give up. *Off to read your post on leaving it to the universe*
    No Beeps Just Thoughts recently posted…Karmic AbstractMy Profile

• No Beeps Just Thoughts
    April 24, 2014 at 3:26 pm

No Beeps Just Thoughts recently posted…Karmic AbstractMy Profile

• Shailaja V
    April 24, 2014 at 4:29 pm

When worries overcome me, I sit back and wait for the tension to subside. That and listening to good music always helps. I hope therapy has helped you, dear PB. Always here to listen if you need a ear and a shoulder 🙂
    Shailaja V recently posted…A little understandingMy Profile

• Shailaja V
    April 24, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Shailaja V recently posted…A little understandingMy Profile

• Suzy
    April 24, 2014 at 5:30 pm

I couldn’t have said it any better PB and the Douglas Adams quote sums it all up very nicely. Going with the flow is the way to go. Super like your post.
    Suzy recently posted…LIfe’s Jigsaw – Universal Divinity SpeaksMy Profile

• Suzy
    April 24, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Suzy recently posted…LIfe’s Jigsaw – Universal Divinity SpeaksMy Profile

• simple girl
    April 24, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Whenever I decide to let go, what grips me is the fear that am I giving it up earlier than usual or am I getting myself an unfair deal ? So letting go is pretty difficult for me …
    simple girl recently posted…AtoZchallenge -U for… Uttapam, Upma and Uchhe …My Profile

• simple girl
    April 24, 2014 at 6:54 pm

• nabanita
    April 24, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I need a drink or two when worries take over me…And ofcourse I annoy my sister till I feel better about everything that bothers me! 🙂
    nabanita recently posted…U is for UncannyMy Profile

• nabanita
    April 24, 2014 at 8:43 pm

nabanita recently posted…U is for UncannyMy Profile

• afshan
    April 24, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I believe in these sentences a lot – Worrying about things that are out of control just wastes time and energy. And in the process of worrying, we forget to live life.

Keep it up. At times it is good to leave things to universe like U said 🙂
    dropping by from A to Z – http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.in/

• afshan
    April 24, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Keep it up. At times it is good to leave things to universe like U said 🙂
    dropping by from A to Z – http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.in/

• Stephanie Bird
    April 25, 2014 at 12:56 am

I dropped by from the FB page of the A to Z challenge. Your post today for the letter U really speaks to me. I was recently hacked on AOL, like thousands of other people my email address is being spoofed and used to send spam. I took it as my personal problem–a problem I could not solve. I will take your advice and leave it to the universe. When things are out of your power that is the only rationale thing to do.
    Stephanie Bird recently posted…Upcycling and the Spirit in MaterialityMy Profile

• Stephanie Bird
    April 25, 2014 at 12:56 am

• Shilpa Garg
    April 25, 2014 at 1:07 am

Agree with what you have shared. Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not. But it is so difficult to not to worry and just live in the moment!! 😐
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…U is to UnderstandMy Profile

• Shilpa Garg
    April 25, 2014 at 1:07 am

Shilpa Garg recently posted…U is to UnderstandMy Profile

• vishalbheeroo
    April 25, 2014 at 1:13 am

Life takes us by storm and quite, unexpectedly. Since one year, my life has changed drastically and dunno whether I should leave everything to the universe. I have stopped worrying and bank on stuffs..That’s life. I guess:)
    vishalbheeroo recently posted…U for University/University Road PuneMy Profile

• vishalbheeroo
    April 25, 2014 at 1:13 am

vishalbheeroo recently posted…U for University/University Road PuneMy Profile

• Loni Townsend
    April 25, 2014 at 2:38 am

Excellent thoughts on the matter. Sometimes it’s difficult to let the Universe have its way with things, but there are just some situations beyond our control. Great post!
    Loni Townsend recently posted…Murder Most Fowl – Part U #atozchallengeMy Profile

• Loni Townsend
    April 25, 2014 at 2:38 am

• sunila
    April 25, 2014 at 3:10 am

It is hard to let go PB, w anxious about outcomes and get stuck in a cycle of worry I resort to yoga n philosophy n myriad other things that I love in life and then everything settles down…the universe takes over and that’s a relief. All the best with letting go.

• sunila
    April 25, 2014 at 3:10 am

• Kari
    April 25, 2014 at 5:07 am

I do trust the universe. I have been disappointed before, but I do believe certain things are meant to be. And yet I’m not remotely religious, so it must be the universe I trust!
    Kari recently posted…U is for UndercoatMy Profile

• Kari
    April 25, 2014 at 5:07 am

Kari recently posted…U is for UndercoatMy Profile

• Laurel Regan
    April 25, 2014 at 6:48 am

Very wise words – and very well said! Thank you. 🙂
    Laurel Regan recently posted…Blogging from A to Z Challenge – U is for…My Profile

• Laurel Regan
    April 25, 2014 at 6:48 am

Very wise words – and very well said! Thank you. 🙂

• maanneilaganlopez
    April 26, 2014 at 10:13 am

There’s a lot of things to worry about, but before I get stressed I ask myself what my worrying can do. Most of the time, nothing but stress. When it comes to work, I leave it in the office.
    maanneilaganlopez recently posted…UntoldMy Profile

• maanneilaganlopez
    April 26, 2014 at 10:13 am

maanneilaganlopez recently posted…UntoldMy Profile

• Nibha
    May 11, 2014 at 3:16 am

But its never so easy to let things go and let them happen themselves, a constant worry sticks in the mind always
    Nibha recently posted…Salute to Moms!My Profile