Life

Thoughts on a rainy morning

rainyday

It’s been pissing down in Sydney all morning and I am sick of it. I am not a fan of the rain at the best of times and it’s even worse when it’s a Monday morning, you’re tired from too much fun on the weekend, stressed with too much work, and well, then have to deal with dull, grey skies. On my drive to work, I had some interesting random thoughts on a rainy morning. They kinda went like this…

• Why do people drive like maniacs especially on rainy days?
  • How do people not turn on their headlights when it’s so dark? Can they even read their speedometer?
  • I need two short story ideas for uni — when is inspiration going to strike?
  • Why won’t my assignment just write itself?
  • It’d be awesome if I could just think and type. That’s what Google needs to invent!
  • I can’t wait for the weekend already. {And yes, I was perfectly aware it’s only Monday}
  • I need to start making more interesting lunches. Tuna and crackers is just not cutting it!
  • I can’t be stuffed cooking.
  • I wish I had a robot to cook and clean. And go to work for me.
  • Actually, I wish I could work part-time and get the same pay.
  • Another 5 sleeps to the weekend. Sigh.
  • I need to blog but I feel like I’ve lost my mojo.
  • Some people make blogging look so easy.
  • I wish I had more hours in the day.
  • You know what would give me more hours in the day? Teleporting! Stupid driving to places takes up so much time.
  • What’s with the maniac drivers on the road?
  • This is the perfect morning to be sleeping in and not going anyway. Perfect pyjama day.
  • What the fuck am I doing heading off to work?
  • Ah damn. Work’s here.
  • I want the weekend!

Let’s just say it’s a good thing I’ve only got one client today. These thoughts did make me wonder whether I’m due for a holiday, a change in job or whether I should just keep it as a write-off due to shitty weather.

Do you ever have random thoughts like this? How are you coping with this dull and dreary Monday morning?

Do share!

• Fiona
    August 18, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Awaiting the rain hitting Newcastle later today. The rain is okay, concerned about the wind though!!!
    Fiona recently posted…Maitland Aroma FestivalMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      August 18, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Can’t believe how beautiful it was up there yesterday…I was in Toronto and it was sunny and warm. Hit Sydney and it was all downhill! :S

• Fiona
    August 18, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Fiona recently posted…Maitland Aroma FestivalMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      August 18, 2014 at 2:09 pm

• PeeVee™
    August 18, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I have random thoughts like you wouldn’t believe and you sound like a cute kid having a conversation with herself 🙂

Why have you been missing? Or is it my reader :/
    PeeVee™ recently posted…My Dearest….My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      August 18, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Haha…gotta love the random thoughts. 🙂 I have been busy with uni, life and work…been trying to blog but hard to find time. Doing my best though!

• PeeVee™
    August 18, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Why have you been missing? Or is it my reader :/
    PeeVee™ recently posted…My Dearest….My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      August 18, 2014 at 3:45 pm

• Bikram
    August 18, 2014 at 10:22 pm

🙂 I know and also when it is snowing why do they drive the way they do,, when they know it can be dangerous …

its monday but the last two points SUM my day .. yepp already waiting for the weekend 🙂

Bikram’s
    Bikram recently posted…How to live and Die (2 and 3)- My ViewsMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      August 18, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Haha…looks like we think the same way re the weekend…at least for me, Monday is done. Time for bed. Which means I’m closer to the weekend… 🙂 Have a great week Bikram! 🙂

• Bikram
    August 18, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Bikram’s
    Bikram recently posted…How to live and Die (2 and 3)- My ViewsMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      August 18, 2014 at 10:40 pm

• Pinky Poinker
    August 19, 2014 at 7:15 am

All I want to do when it rains is lay in bed with a book and a hot chocolate. Rainy days as a teacher are awful because we don’t get lunch and have to sit in the classroom for wet play. A rainy Monday would be my nightmare!
    Pinky Poinker recently posted…Lend Me Your Ears!My Profile

• Pinky Poinker
    August 19, 2014 at 7:15 am

Pinky Poinker recently posted…Lend Me Your Ears!My Profile

• The month that was August 2014 - Living my Imperfect Life
    September 1, 2014 at 9:24 pm

[…] and setting later. Which in my books, is the best thing ever! Sure, Sydney has experienced some crappy rainy weather the last couple of weeks but I am hopeful for a better […]

• The month that was August 2014 - Living my Imperfect Life