Life

30 Letter Series: Dear Best Friend

Last month I saw a few bloggers taking up a daily letter challenge. While it appealed to me, there was no way I could commit to daily blogging. So when Nibha proposed to set it up as a weekly linky, I jumped at the chance.

**********

letter writing

Dear Best Friend,

Who are you? Is that a weird question to ask? Maybe. But to be honest, I find myself looking back at life and all the people in it and I just cannot pick one of you wonderful people to be my ‘best friend’. Maybe it’s an age thing. Maybe I’ve just reached a stage in my life where I have several close friends who I love dearly but for whatever reason, cannot place just one of you in a best friend category. Because it seems so exclusive.

So, my dear Best Friend, as I write these words, I am sure you will figure out who you are.

I love how we can talk about everything and yet, not mind the silence that occurs in between. Sometimes, we don’t need words to describe our emotions. While we may not speak on the phone every single day like we used to, it doesn’t mean we have grown apart. After all, when we do speak or meet — whether it is a few days, weeks, months or years — we pick up from where we left off. And that’s the friendship I cherish. The one that doesn’t get affected by distance or time.

I appreciate you being there for me when I’ve needed you. Through late night phone calls stressing out about assignments or just general meltdowns about relationships and parents. You have been there to listen, to offer advice, to give me a talking-to or to just cheer me up. For all of that, I thank you my dear friend. I have enjoyed the trivial gossip, the sharing of secrets and the deep and meaningful conversations about life.

Dear Best Friend, I hope that as we continue to grow and evolve, our friendship will still stay strong. Even though we may get busy with our lives — partners, kids, work, new friends — I hope when we catch up for a coffee even at the age of 60, we can still laugh about the good times and pick up from where we left off.

Thank you for being my friend.

Yours,

Sanch

What would you tell your best friend in a letter? Do you have a particular best friend?

Do share!

***Linking with Nibha for the 30 Letter Series***

Scribby
    September 4, 2014 at 8:56 pm

lovely letter 🙂 Sanch, I’m writing these letters too, just wrote my 3rd one today, it is interesting 🙂

looking forward to your 29 letters!

Scribby
    September 4, 2014 at 8:56 pm

looking forward to your 29 letters!

Amrita
    September 5, 2014 at 12:54 am

This looks interesting! I might jump on the bandwagon albeit a little late!
    Amrita recently posted…Luv shuv tey chicken biryaniMy Profile

Amrita
    September 5, 2014 at 12:54 am

This looks interesting! I might jump on the bandwagon albeit a little late!
    Amrita recently posted…Luv shuv tey chicken biryaniMy Profile

Nibha
    September 5, 2014 at 2:29 am

Thanks for jumping in! Loved your letter. I could imagine saying same words to my BFF! So lucky we are to have one in our life! 🙂
    Nibha recently posted…Dear Best Friend || 30 Letter SeriesMy Profile

Nibha
    September 5, 2014 at 2:29 am

Nibha recently posted…Dear Best Friend || 30 Letter SeriesMy Profile

vishalbheeroo
    September 7, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Hey, I wrote a couple of them and still trying to write few more. But, 30 Days is such a daunting task and couldn’t do it after A to Z writing challenge and UBC, which I successfully completed:)
    Love ur take bout best friend and so true today where we have quite a few good frenz
    vishalbheeroo recently posted…Teacher’s Day/ Someone that changed your lifeMy Profile

vishalbheeroo
    September 7, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Hugzilla
    September 7, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I am the same as you. I haven’t had a “best friend” since high school but I have a number of really close friends who can at different times fall into that category. I wouldn’t write any of them letters. I’d rather grab a schooner down at the pub and have a good old fashioned heart-to-heart.
    Hugzilla recently posted…My Two Year Old Only Has One Ear. This is WhyMy Profile

Hugzilla
    September 7, 2014 at 7:26 pm

30 Letter Series: Dear Parents - Living my Imperfect Life
    November 9, 2014 at 9:11 pm

[…] is part of the 30 letter series. Check out my previous letters to my Best Friend and […]

30 Letter Series: Dear Parents - Living my Imperfect Life

Nice letter Sanch

Anita
    April 12, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Nice letter Sanch

Seeya
    January 19, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Writing letter to a best friend is never ending. Sharing all the secrets and recalling many moments of fun and everything.
    Seeya recently posted…Freshly ArrivedMy Profile