NaBloPoMo The Month That Was

The month that was October 2014

Ocotber

October went by quickly, didn’t it? I mean, for a month with 31 days, it seemed to speed by. Initially I thought it would drag on because of all the assignments I had but nope, like every other month this year, it too sped by.

October was busy for me with regards to uni but I am glad I’m done with one semester. I also got some funny lectures from my parents which gave me the inspiration for a blog post. In October, bloggers celebrated Blog Action Day and I wrote about gender inequality. Coincidentally, it was related to an open letter to Julie Bishop who apparently doesn’t like the term feminism.

Due to it being such a busy month, I didn’t blog as much as I would have liked to. But now that I’m done with uni, I’m going to change that. For November, I have decided to sign up for NaBloPoMo and blog every day over here. Additionally, I am also taking up the Photo-a-Day challenge by Fat Mum Slim over at Instagram. You can also follow that via Twitter or my Facebook page.

I’m certainly looking forward to getting back into the blogging groove and commenting on blogs I love but have neglected due to uni and other related busy-ness. With the onset of November, do you realise that we have just a couple of months to the end of 2014?? Where did the year go?!

Are you joining in on NaBloPoMo or the photo-a-day challenge?

Do share!

nabanita
    November 1, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Congrats on completing one semester 🙂 and I don’t think I’ll take part in any this month, somehow fatigued you know!
    nabanita recently posted…Of Knots in the Stomach & Missing SomeoneMy Profile

nabanita
    November 1, 2014 at 6:54 pm

nabanita recently posted…Of Knots in the Stomach & Missing SomeoneMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      November 2, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Thanks Naba! Hope you feel better soon and not so fatigued. I must admit though, by the end of the year, it’s not uncommon to feel that way!

Sulekha
    November 1, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Congrats on completing one semester, good luck for the rest of them 🙂 I too am busy with travel plans and work related stuff so won’t be participating in any daily blogging events, wish you luck.

Sulekha
    November 1, 2014 at 7:59 pm

usha menon
    November 1, 2014 at 8:30 pm

You are correct. October just ran away at full speed. May be because there was so much to do. Writing a post every day for Write Tribe Pro Bloggers was quite a strain. Then there were so many festivals. Over and above October is the month when there are so many birthdays and anniversaries. I want a relaxed November.

usha menon
    November 1, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      November 2, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Oh blogging every day in October would have been hard on many of you with all the festivals! I couldn’t commit in the past few months to daily blogging but I’m hoping I can see it through in November! Enjoy your relaxed November!

Rajlakshmi
    November 1, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I too am left wondering where did the year go. It’s already november and I got so much to do. Goog luck with NaBloPoMo.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Bazinga – ZentangleMy Profile

Rajlakshmi
    November 1, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Rajlakshmi recently posted…Bazinga – ZentangleMy Profile

Shilpa Garg
    November 2, 2014 at 3:28 am

Pretty busy month! Good luck for NaBloPoMo. I am thinking of doing FMS Photo Challenge but will post it weekly!
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…A Healthy Child makes a Happy HomeMy Profile

Shilpa Garg
    November 2, 2014 at 3:28 am

Shilpa Garg recently posted…A Healthy Child makes a Happy HomeMy Profile

DeNae
    November 2, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I found you from the blogher site. I’m going to give NaBloPoMo my best shot. Fingers crossed I can keep it up and not just stick my grocery list on there to fill space. It’ll be fun to read and get to know you through your blog this month. Happy writing!
    DeNae recently posted…NovemberMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      November 2, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Welcome here DeNae! Good luck to you too with NaBloPoMo! I know what you mean though about not just sticking your grocery list…some days it gets so hectic you almost have no other choice! 😛 Hopping over to yours!

DeNae
    November 2, 2014 at 12:46 pm

DeNae recently posted…NovemberMy Profile

elly stornebrink
    November 2, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I would love to participate in NaBloPaMa, though I doubt it…I have other commitments, including life (in general)! 😉 Have fun though! : <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…All Hallows’ Eve AKA Hallowe’en 2014My Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      November 2, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Haha…life does get in the way Elly…which is why I couldn’t commit to daily blogging in the last few months. Figured this month might be a better option!

elly stornebrink
    November 2, 2014 at 7:12 pm

…ah,and another main reason…to take care of my health, a recent foot issue …and my health in general too. <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…All Hallows’ Eve AKA Hallowe’en 2014My Profile

CookieCrumbs Inc.
    November 3, 2014 at 2:35 am

Ugh, I just found out of NaBloPoMo and I’ve already missed a day :O I think I’ll still give it a shot…
    Your October seems nice and yes, it really WAS a whirlwind for me too..
    CookieCrumbs Inc. recently posted…The Month That Was…. October ’14My Profile

The Month that was November 2014 - Living my Imperfect LifeLiving my Imperfect Life
    December 1, 2014 at 1:20 pm

[…] feel like it was just yesterday that I was reflecting on the month that was October. November seems to have gone by in a flash. This, in spite of the fact that I blogged every single […]