Out and About

Looking forward to Canada and USA

Over the weekend, I finally booked my tickets for my holiday. I am travelling to Canada and the USA. Well, mainly Canada but a couple of places in the US. I leave Sydney on the 1st of June and head to San Francisco. I am going to spend four days in SF. A friend of mine kindly offered for me to stay with her so that’ll be nice and I am hoping to meet up with my cousin who lives there too. Of course, I am looking at checking out the city by the bay with highlights such as the Golden Gate bridge and possibly even completing a day trip to Yosemite National Park {after all, no trip of mine is complete without a national park visit!}

Yosemite National Park

Image Source: Lonely Planet

From SF, I fly to Toronto where I will be staying with my uncle and his family, and my sister. My parents join us the day after I get there. It’ll be three years since I’ve seen my parents and sister, 10 since I have seen my uncle and his family. My uncle has some things in mind including a visit to New York. I don’t know the details yet and I haven’t looked up things to do around Toronto apart from knowing I will be seeing the Niagara Falls.

After 20 days there, I fly to Vancouver by myself. This is one part I’m really looking forward to. I am hoping to visit Banff National Park which is a long drive or train trip from Vancouver. I want to visit Whistler and other natural wonders on the west coast of this country. I have to book some of these within the next couple of weeks or so just to ensure I don’t miss out I suppose. I stay in and around Vancouver for a week before heading back home to Sydney.

Banff National Park

Image Source: Redbubble

Whistler

Image Source: Whistler.com

I am excited and nervous at the same time. Excited to be visiting new countries. Excited to be ticking a couple of things of my 35 by 35 list. Excited to see my family again after so many years. Nervous about leaving the cats behind for over a month! And sad that Mr Imperfect won’t be joining me. I guess though, the cats will have someone familiar looking after them!

Ever since I booked my trip, I feel re-energised. Work doesn’t seem to drag anymore. I figured I should plan holidays every three months to keep me sane. Of course, they can’t all be expensive ones like this because I truly cannot afford it!

Have you been to Canada or San Francisco? Do you have any recommendations for me?

Do share!

***Linking with Malinda for Wednesday Wanderlust and Raych for Worth Casing Wednesday***

38 Comments

Linda Tharp
    March 18, 2015 at 8:22 am

San Francisco can be cool in March…check the forecast before packing. Go to Alcatraz if you can get reservations. Gotta do the tourist stuff: Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, cable cars, Fisherman’s Wharf. Have fun!
    Linda Tharp recently posted…Things Grown-Up Me Does That 10-Year-Old Me Would Never DoMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      March 20, 2015 at 11:09 am

I’m heading there in June, Linda. It’s supposed to be summer. I’ll still probably carry some cool weather gear because I’ll be heading back to Sydney where it’s winter! And thanks for the options will definitely check those out! πŸ™‚

Linda Tharp
    March 18, 2015 at 8:22 am

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      March 20, 2015 at 11:09 am

bettyl - NZ
    March 18, 2015 at 10:50 am

Sounds like a lot of fun on the horizon for you! I would love to go to Banff–all the photos I’ve see are fabulous! Have fun!
    bettyl – NZ recently posted…WATW and NZ KereruMy Profile

bettyl - NZ
    March 18, 2015 at 10:50 am

bettyl – NZ recently posted…WATW and NZ KereruMy Profile

nabanita
    March 18, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Hope you have a great trip..Reading this I want to plan my Italy trip but the EMIs on the house stops me…But maybe I will just go ahead and do it and make my own 35 under 35 list…what say?
    nabanita recently posted…Driving Diaries of A Silly, Silly GirlMy Profile

nabanita
    March 18, 2015 at 2:43 pm

nabanita recently posted…Driving Diaries of A Silly, Silly GirlMy Profile

Lata
    March 18, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Sounds very exciting!

Lata
    March 18, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Sounds very exciting!

Neda B
    March 18, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Wow what a trip it’s going to be amazing! Going to Canada is definitely on my agenda, it’s just so damn beautiful. Cant wait to hear about it!
    Neda B recently posted…From Western Iran to the Western suburbs of SydneyMy Profile

Neda B
    March 18, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Neda B
    March 18, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Wow what a trip, it’s going to be amazing! Going to Canada is definitely on my agenda, it’s just so damn beautiful. Cant wait to hear about it!

Neda B
    March 18, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Sheethal
    March 18, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Awe… that looks like a great vacation you going to have. have loads of fun and make plenty of memories with your family and also alone. Take care. πŸ™‚
    Sheethal recently posted…Thankful Day of the Week – #5 Something Someone Gave YouMy Profile

Sheethal
    March 18, 2015 at 4:35 pm

jess
    March 18, 2015 at 5:29 pm

You will LOVE Vancouver and Whistler! Whistler was so beautiful and fun πŸ™‚
    jess recently posted…Why I didn’t change my last nameMy Profile

jess
    March 18, 2015 at 5:29 pm

You will LOVE Vancouver and Whistler! Whistler was so beautiful and fun πŸ™‚
    jess recently posted…Why I didn’t change my last nameMy Profile

fatima
    March 18, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Amazing! So happy for you! You are so kick ass!

fatima
    March 18, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Amazing! So happy for you! You are so kick ass!

J.Gi Federizo
    March 18, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Wow! Bon voyage! Sounds really exciting already!
    J.Gi Federizo recently posted…Bye, JamieMy Profile

J.Gi Federizo
    March 18, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Wow! Bon voyage! Sounds really exciting already!
    J.Gi Federizo recently posted…Bye, JamieMy Profile

elly stornebrink
    March 18, 2015 at 6:32 pm

YES! How exciting Sanch! πŸ™‚ And I highly recommend visiting me and Carol Graham – perhaps we can arrange it so we can all meet somewhere together! πŸ˜‰ Banff National Park is beautiful by the way and Whistler too if you love mountains and a village feel. <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…Wordy Wednesday 5: Everyone is Self-centeredMy Profile

elly stornebrink
    March 18, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages
    March 18, 2015 at 9:35 pm

So true that having a holiday booked makes the time and work so much easier. I’m a bit jealous of this trip, it is going to be amazing!!
    Thanks for joining in #wednesdaywanderlust
    Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages recently posted…Reflections on my Career Path SearchMy Profile

Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages
    March 18, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Thanks for joining in #wednesdaywanderlust

Sally@Toddlers on Tour
    March 18, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Make sure you Yosemite it is really beautiful, but takes a while to wind in on the roads so allow plenty of time.

In SF walk: the zigzag road, up to Coit tower, around the Harbour front.
    go to Alcatraz (book several days in advance) and take a tram ride.

Have fun.
    Sally@Toddlers on Tour recently posted…Money and Travelling OverseasMy Profile

Sally@Toddlers on Tour
    March 18, 2015 at 9:47 pm

In SF walk: the zigzag road, up to Coit tower, around the Harbour front.
    go to Alcatraz (book several days in advance) and take a tram ride.

Have fun.
    Sally@Toddlers on Tour recently posted…Money and Travelling OverseasMy Profile

Zita
    March 18, 2015 at 10:06 pm

I LOVE Canada, and I know you will to! I worked at a little diner in Banff for a short period of time. It was amazing to wake up to those mountains every day!!!
    I fly to Nashville for CMA Fest on the 7th June, will be in NY from about the 14th to the 20th June, then head on a tour from NY to LA, starting the 21st June! am so excited!!!
    Zita recently posted…to visit VanuatuMy Profile

Zita
    March 18, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Zita recently posted…to visit VanuatuMy Profile

Grace
    March 18, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Oh, how exciting! I love the US and Canada! When in Vancouver, make sure you go and take a walk around Stanley Park. It’s almost as good as being in a national park. So happy that you’ll see your family x

Grace
    March 18, 2015 at 10:09 pm

March 19, 2015 at 1:30 am

wow that’s a long trip. i am excited for you.
    niagara falls is a must see. it’s beautiful, beyond words.
    do go to whistler, banff. jasper national park as well. all three places are majestic. should visit.

March 19, 2015 at 1:30 am

wow that’s a long trip. i am excited for you.
    niagara falls is a must see. it’s beautiful, beyond words.

Eloquent Mind
    March 19, 2015 at 9:19 am

I am so excited to know you are visiting USA πŸ™‚ If we got a chance to meet, it would have been even more great ! Have an awesome vacation and a fun filled time with family and friends …
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Shadows of SilenceMy Profile

Eloquent Mind
    March 19, 2015 at 9:19 am

Eloquent Mind recently posted…Shadows of SilenceMy Profile

rajlakshmi
    March 19, 2015 at 11:00 am

ohh you lucky girl πŸ™‚ I loved how organized your travel plan πŸ˜€ It would be wonderful to spend summer there πŸ™‚
    rajlakshmi recently posted…My Upside Down World – Yoga inversionMy Profile